List your Awesome Maverick Dealer Here

dpop

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 VW tiguan
Palmetto Ford in Charleston, SC. No markups, 0% for 36 & 1.9% for 60 financing options from Ford, low doc fee at around $250, and gave me a $500 military discount. Super pleased with them!
Sponsored

robekert

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL Velocity Blue 2.0 EcoBoost AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
John Kennedy Ford in Phoenixville, PA. My salesman was Joe Rahm. Called in late October 2021. Test drove my salesman’s Maverick Lariat that he was leasing. Put down $500 on a “dealer ordered” Maverick that was in the pipeline. My only blip in the deal was getting the sales manager to back off of the $2000 premium that they tried to charge me. Ended up paying $750 less than MSRP after getting a postcard from Ford in the mail. Inked the deal on November 30th, about 5 weeks after my test drive.

OP
OP

Derwin

First Name
Derwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper Convertible
That's awesome deal and only waiting 5 weeks! I had to wait 9 months for my Rapid Red First Edition, but it was worth it!

Dryflytie

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
John Kennedy Ford in Phoenixville, PA. My salesman was Joe Rahm. Called in late October 2021. Test drove my salesman’s Maverick Lariat that he was leasing. Put down $500 on a “dealer ordered” Maverick that was in the pipeline. My only blip in the deal was getting the sales manager to back off of the $2000 premium that they tried to charge me. Ended up paying $750 less than MSRP after getting a postcard from Ford in the mail. Inked the deal on November 30th, about 5 weeks after my test drive.
Rob, thanks for the post. I placed a 2023 order with Joe on Saturday - he was great. At what point did you first learn that they were going to try to charge you a $2000 premium?
Was that on the original order sheet, or only at the closing sale?

robekert

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Rob, thanks for the post. I placed a 2023 order with Joe on Saturday - he was great. At what point did you first learn that they were going to try to charge you a $2000 premium?
Was that on the original order sheet, or only at the closing sale?
It was a bit off the cuff. When Joe and I were walking out to his vehicle to test drive, he told me other dealerships were charging a premium……JKF was not. After the test drive I told Joe I was interested in a Maverick. At some point after speaking to the Sales Manager, Joe came back to me and told me he misspoke……there was a premium. I complained and bellyached about the premium each time I spoke to Joe. As I stated, I took a dealer ordered Maverick. When I was told that the Maverick was in I told them the premium was a deal breaker and I wanted to order a Maverick. I placed an order for pretty much the same configuration. I was called by Joe the next day……November 30th (last day of the month) and told if I took delivery that day they would waive the premium. I took the deal. Maybe because my Maverick was a plain Jane XL they figured most wanted higher trim levels so just sell to me. I don’t know.

Sponsored

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I really don't want to. I found a good thing and don't want all you people crowding it because I'll need a car in the future. 😁

Jonny44

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav XLT,2013 Ford F150 XLT 4x4, 2015 Kia Soul
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
New Brighton Ford in New Brighton, MN. Bobby Grado and Sean Devine were great! No pressure and no added markups. Straight-up dealer!

Dryflytie

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It was a bit off the cuff. When Joe and I were walking out to his vehicle to test drive, he told me other dealerships were charging a premium……JKF was not. After the test drive I told Joe I was interested in a Maverick. At some point after speaking to the Sales Manager, Joe came back to me and told me he misspoke……there was a premium. I complained and bellyached about the premium each time I spoke to Joe. As I stated, I took a dealer ordered Maverick. When I was told that the Maverick was in I told them the premium was a deal breaker and I wanted to order a Maverick. I placed an order for pretty much the same configuration. I was called by Joe the next day……November 30th (last day of the month) and told if I took delivery that day they would waive the premium. I took the deal. Maybe because my Maverick was a plain Jane XL they figured most wanted higher trim levels so just sell to me. I don’t know.
Got it, thanks for the info. Mine was a retail/customer order. But, I wonder if they will try anything similar to your experience.

Mabcim

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat 2.0 AWD; 20 Escape SEL 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Van Bortel Ford, East Rochester, NY
Paul Bowers
https://www.vanbortelford.net/
They know how it all works. No gimmics. No dealer add-ones. Last I knew, still doing dealer invoice pricing; which is less than MSRP.

robekert

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Got it, thanks for the info. Mine was a retail/customer order. But, I wonder if they will try anything similar to your experience.
I doubt it. November 2021 was definitely a different time for car buyers, Ford is knuckling down on dealer mark ups and sleight of hand tactics.

Sirjohn

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'78 Slab
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Conroy Motors, MSRP, $200 for NYS In TransitPermit/Doc/NYS tire tax, free tire air, no charge for the unfarted in seat.
Sponsored