Sponsored

Lift kit for my front wheel drive, 2.0L Ecoboost Maverick XLT?

Tonys771

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford maverick XLT FWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

lochyto91

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Lariat 2023
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My Maverick it’s all stock and has a problem. The problem started at 3000 Km aproximetly with a clunking noise in the pilot wheel area, and I went to the workshop of the dealer. the first recomendación of Ford was lubricate and torq but this action couldn’t solve the problem and they recomended change the stabilizer link.

This parts arrived 3 or 4 weeks after and they replaced. In this time while I waiting they told me that I caould use my truck but I suspected that maybe could be the cv axle because the clunking noise was getting worse and I took a video and and send it to the service advisor but he said that the the movement and noise that presented were normal.

when they change the parts and give me my truck 3 days after I heard again the noise and took it again to the workshop.

Ford cloosed my report because the dealer couldn’t reproduce the issue, and I helped the dealer to obtain the evidence for send to Ford. By this time I had been trying to solve the problem for 2 and a half months.

With the evidence that the dealer send Ford, was possible to the dealer disassemble the wheel and they found the damage from the images I attached.

When they replaced al the parts that Ford solicitated to change they test the truck for 3 days before give me again the truck.

It seemed that everything had been solved but unfortunately after 2 days of use I heard the noise again but now at the level of the transmission.Ford closed my report for the 2nd time and now saying that it is practically repaired

It seems that the damage to the CV axles comes from the failure of another component. I suspect it may be the engine and transmission mounts since the engine vibration passes directly to the cabin but they deny that they are in poor condition.

My truck continues in the dealer and I have 4 months Withnot my truck. I just hope that Ford Mexico can resolve soon with a change foro they model or a return of my money

I’m from Mexico. Sorry If my english it’s not good.

The problems with the cv axles that are documented in this forum and others apparently are quite a few.

I recommend you keep original your truck until the warranty ends.

Ford Maverick Lift kit for my front wheel drive, 2.0L Ecoboost Maverick XLT? IMG_8017

Ford Maverick Lift kit for my front wheel drive, 2.0L Ecoboost Maverick XLT? IMG_8016

Ford Maverick Lift kit for my front wheel drive, 2.0L Ecoboost Maverick XLT? 5c3f2773-74a8-4ad1-b5f5-8fdaa52451d8

Master Blaster

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Master
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just don't. The halfshafts are marginal, and not up to the increased stress from even a 1" lift. Just because they sell it doesn't mean that you should use it. On the other hand, I haven't seen anyone report a halfshaft failure from a lowering kit...
Sponsored