First Name
Jordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Update: Had Ford do my alignment after new tires and lift were complete. The camber on front tires looks a little too positive and the tech confirmed my suspicion. He said it’d be negligible on tire wear but I’ll be purchasing either the SPC or Eibach adjustable camber bolt to correct this. (See the STEEDA website for options) The truck drives just fine and the yoko g015s are very quiet so far. Just want to protect my tire investment sooner than later if it happens to affect wear.
*Ford service couldn’t correct it with the stock camber bolt, but I’ll be seeing if they/someone else can put in one of the aftermarket options.
Sponsored

IconicSilverMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thank you for following up with us, Toner. Your kit looks similar. Mine is from Harbor Freight. I'm able to get it onto the second to last coil after winding it out. Might give it a whirl and see how far I get.

That camber kit from Steeda looks like cheap insurance for your tires. Less than 30 bucks.

NoVaJimmy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lexus GX 460
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Again, looks great. My only complaints to eibach are: why the silver springs? I'm not a fan of how the springs look in the front struts, they look out of place and I wish they could have given it a smidge of rake...

Lynyrd Skynyrd

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I forgot to ask. Are these adjustable coils? I like to leave a little rake

OP
OP
Toner123

Toner123

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thank you for following up with us, Toner. Your kit looks similar. Mine is from Harbor Freight. I'm able to get it onto the second to last coil after winding it out. Might give it a whirl and see how far I get.

That camber kit from Steeda looks like cheap insurance for your tires. Less than 30 bucks.
No problem! Good luck, it’ll be a nice proof of 100% DIY for others since I failed there…

I went ahead and bought the Eibach bolts through STEEDA so I’ll give an update on that when they get in.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Toner123

Toner123

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Again, looks great. My only complaints to eibach are: why the silver springs? I'm not a fan of how the springs look in the front struts, they look out of place and I wish they could have given it a smidge of rake...
It definitely is noticeable walking past the front. I understand that they were going with a neutral color but I agree with you. From other chats I’ve looked at it seems that Eibach might be investigating an option that maintains rake.

OP
OP
Toner123

Toner123

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I forgot to ask. Are these adjustable coils? I like to leave a little rake
They are not adjustable. The only way I could even guess on how to make very minor adjustments are: 1) not putting the strut top bolt on as far down as stock (kinda sketchy) and 2) using slightly thinner rubber mounting blocks for rear (also sketchy)

bgn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

It definitely is noticeable walking past the front. I understand that they were going with a neutral color but I agree with you. From other chats I’ve looked at it seems that Eibach might be investigating an option that maintains rake.
I mentioned this as well a few months ago on here. Seems like most, if not all, of their lift kits are silver. I'm also not a fan of the color.

In regards to SPC vs Eibach bolts, they are the same. SPC is Eibach's manufacturer. Not sure if they white label them or send them out in SPC packaging. I got mine elsewhere because they were out of stock during the Black Friday sale when I got my springs.

NoVaJimmy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lexus GX 460
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I mentioned this as well a few months ago on here. Seems like most, if not all, of their lift kits are silver. I'm also not a fan of the color.

In regards to SPC vs Eibach bolts, they are the same. SPC is Eibach's manufacturer. Not sure if they white label them or send them out in SPC packaging. I got mine elsewhere because they were out of stock during the Black Friday sale when I got my springs.
If I wind up getting the Eibach kit I will look into coating them with 8-10 layers of black plastidip since it's flexible and pretty durable. Not a fan at all of the silver.

Reactions: bgn

NoVaJimmy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lexus GX 460
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Haha, well post it up when you go with one!
I did win my fantasy football league. I have questioned the quality of Rough Country suspension products in the past, specifically their puck lift kit but I think I'm going to go with their 2" strut lift kit based on ease of installation, the fact that it maintains factory rake, the fact that it'll be paid for with half of my league winnings and favorable reviews I've seen in terms of ride quality/comfort. Of course the whole kit comes painted silver so it looks like I'll be using plastidip to change that to black. (hey lift kit manufacturers, what's with the silver??) I am a big fan of Eibach products and I think if they had maintained at least some rake on their kit I would have gone with the more cost effective option done by a company I know I can expect quality from. I'll post photos once I finally order, receive and install the RC kit.

Here's a photo I found of the RC strut kit installed on a Maverick

Ford Maverick My 2" Eibach Pro-Lift Kit Springs DIY Install on EcoBoost Maverick XLT AWD RC Mav lift

Sponsored
OP
OP
Toner123

Toner123

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I did win my fantasy football league. I have questioned the quality of Rough Country suspension products in the past, specifically their puck lift kit but I think I'm going to go with their 2" strut lift kit based on ease of installation, the fact that it maintains factory rake, the fact that it'll be paid for with half of my league winnings and favorable reviews I've seen in terms of ride quality/comfort. Of course the whole kit comes painted silver so it looks like I'll be using plastidip to change that to black. (hey lift kit manufacturers, what's with the silver??) I am a big fan of Eibach products and I think if they had maintained at least some rake on their kit I would have gone with the more cost effective option done by a company I know I can expect quality from. I'll post photos once I finally order, receive and install the RC kit.

Here's a photo I found of the RC strut kit installed on a Maverick

RC Mav lift.jpg
Yeah, not a bad option at all. And a heck of a lot more data on those to assist with install! Looking forward to the photos!

Reactions: bgn

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, EB, LUX, FX4, 4K, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I used the basic macpherson kit from Oreilly’s rental program. I couldn’t get it to grab the farthest ring of the spring on either side; just slightly too short. So from where it could attach tightening it until the spring was fully compressed (mainly just the middle “belly” of the spring) it still wasn’t enough for me to put the hat on. It’s worth a shot if you have a set that can reach the second to last ring on the top/bottom. All that to say.. I ended up returning the loaner compressor and taking the struts/springs to QuickLane (next door to my Ford) and they assembled it for me.
So, as someone considering this lift kit myself, would you mind sharing what the dealer charged to install this kit? I assume you also had the camber bolts and had an alignment completed as part of the job. Thanks!

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, EB, LUX, FX4, 4K, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Update: Had Ford do my alignment after new tires and lift were complete. The camber on front tires looks a little too positive and the tech confirmed my suspicion. He said it’d be negligible on tire wear but I’ll be purchasing either the SPC or Eibach adjustable camber bolt to correct this. (See the STEEDA website for options) The truck drives just fine and the yoko g015s are very quiet so far. Just want to protect my tire investment sooner than later if it happens to affect wear.
Yes, good idea. If you look on the Eibach website, they say their camber bolts are "required" for lift spring and "recommended" for lowering springs. It's only $23 for the bolts so why not?

OP
OP
Toner123

Toner123

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So, as someone considering this lift kit myself, would you mind sharing what the dealer charged to install this kit? I assume you also had the camber bolts and had an alignment completed as part of the job. Thanks!
Quick lane only compressed the strut for me and replaced the springs. $60 to compress/replace the front springs. Then I returned home and put it all back on the truck.
The alignment was $100 at Ford dealer, but I just bought adjustable camber bolts from STEEDA and I may have Ford install as well. They want to charge $320 just to install front camber and do another alignment… that’s a lot for a fairly simple job. The front wheels are slightly positive camber but I’m debating if the minor outer tire wear is worth the few millimeters of adjustment.

NoVaJimmy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lexus GX 460
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Quick lane only compressed the strut for me and replaced the springs. $60 to compress/replace the front springs. Then I returned home and put it all back on the truck.
The alignment was $100 at Ford dealer, but I just bought adjustable camber bolts from STEEDA and I may have Ford install as well. They want to charge $320 just to install front camber and do another alignment… that’s a lot for a fairly simple job. The front wheels are slightly positive camber but I’m debating if the minor outer tire wear is worth the few millimeters of adjustment.
That's a gravy job if I've ever seen one. Two hours to install some of the easiest bolts a tech will ever install.......definitely go somewhere else or another dealer. That's a half hour job for both tops.
Sponsored