Sponsored

Let's start a pool -- how long will 2024 Maverick order bank be open for?

fourjays30

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Winner winner chicken dinner. Listen to the latest video from Tim Bartz about the changes for MY2024 and he made the comment about the order banks being open for only a few days. I think they will be open for at least a couple of weeks as the price increases and the hybrid being an option will slow the demand. What say you!
Sponsored

Maverick Life

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Yeah - I wondered about this also. I could make a weak case for it both ways but I don't have anything compelling that puts me firmly in one camp or the other.

FWIW though - it seems to be advantageous for Ford and Ford dealers to create the expectation that order banks will only be open a short time.

Ford Truck Guy

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Gonna be just like last year...

Ozarkbeard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 XL CP360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I think they'll quit taking orders even faster than last year, especially Hybrids. A significantly higher number of people are now aware of this truck, despite little to no mainstream advertising by Ford. And existing Mavericks have been selling on dealer lots & Carvana, etc. at much higher prices than the '24 MSRPs have increased. And other brands' vehicles will also be going up in price for 2024.

Sponsored

GAWAZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Hybrid Lariat Lux
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I agree that it is going to be similar to last year. I have talked to too many people who intend to place their initial Maverick order next week. Maybe some will be deterred by the higher cost but not many. Secondly, I suspect there will be a large number of "rollover" people who will place a second order at a different dealer just to increase their odds. Sooo, the banks will be open for a week - maybe less.

Stevezilla

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Stevezilla (hybrid XLT)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord, Mazda Tribute
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My prediction: 5 days, then order banks will close.

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It will be worse than last year because the outstanding unscheduled MY23 Hybrid orders already exceed what dealers allocations for the entire MY24 that can get built.

My dealer informed me that they currently have 44 unscheduled MY23 Hybrid orders and only 33 allocations for the entire MY24 build year for Hybrids. That leaves 11 MY23 Hybrid orders that won't get built in MY24.

My dealer did the math breakdown for their unscheduled MY23 orders and the percentages of EcoBoost, Hybrid and XL, XLT, Lariat orders to come up with the above Hybrid numbers.

I so hope that my MY23 Hybrid unscheduled order gets a build date in the 7/17-8/3 final scheduling window.

Sponsored

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Three days. Only because it will take some dealers that long to enter their MY23 carryovers much less their new MY24 orders.

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I agree that it is going to be similar to last year. I have talked to too many people who intend to place their initial Maverick order next week. Maybe some will be deterred by the higher cost but not many. Secondly, I suspect there will be a large number of "rollover" people who will place a second order at a different dealer just to increase their odds. Sooo, the banks will be open for a week - maybe less.
Those who have a "rollover" will lose the private offer if they place a new order at a different dealer.

If they placed multiple orders at different dealers last year then they can still have the private offer at each dealer but anyone who only had a single order last year can only get the private offer at the original dealer and any other new orders at different dealers would have the increased prices.

cooper

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I don't think it will be very long. My dealer had a handful of rollovers, and already had double digits of new 2024 orders already in line ahead of me. I wouldn't wait until the 17th to head to the dealerships, get in line now.

Ktowntimmy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL Hybrid ordered 9/17/22.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If the order window is still open on Friday, 7/21, I’ll be surprised. Even with the price increases, the Maverick is still the best deal in the category regardless whether it’s EB or Hybrid. Plus, I think Ford has months of production usage just from carryover orders.

Grumpa

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler Pacifica Honda Civic Chevy Sonic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Winner winner chicken dinner. Listen to the latest video from Tim Bartz about the changes for MY2024 and he made the comment about the order banks being open for only a few days. I think they will be open for at least a couple of weeks as the price increases and the hybrid being an option will slow the demand. What say you!
You might be right. Who wants to pay a lot more and have too wait months only too find out Ford out can't deliver! Ford Orders Remain Doubtful!
Sponsored