First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So when will the order banks open for 2024 orders? September 2023 ? Will everyone with a non filled 2023 order then order a 2024? I guess I will? Do you order from same dealer you have a 2023 order from? Or will some order a 2024 hybrid just to see if the dealer will offer to buy it from you to make cash? Yea sucks for people who just want one but just asking.
Sponsored

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I believe they will probably open the order banks earlier for MY24, maybe July or August. I don't see buying them to make a profit anymore. The prices are already coming down in the used market, and by then, while they will still be harder to find, I don't think the margin will be there.

Bamajim

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram1500. Ford Flex
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Also with the addition of the 3rd shift this summer, the time between ordering and receiving your maverick should be greatly reduced, for ECOS anyway. Hybrids not sure. Depends on getting all the needed parts for the hybrid.

HybridNiroGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Great news. I just got done selling my 2022 EB for a profit, really wanting a hybrid so looking forward to maybe being able to order one someday.

redskins5

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ford F150 Hybrid, 2022 mavrick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I believe they will probably open the order banks earlier for MY24, maybe July or August. I don't see buying them to make a profit anymore. The prices are already coming down in the used market, and by then, while they will still be harder to find, I don't think the margin will be there.
Remember also that in 2024 it is rumored that there will be a plug-in Hybrid released.

Sponsored

Micheal

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Micheal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Escape Hy, 2014 Escape, 2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So when will the order banks open for 2024 orders?
Would be nice if the '21 and '22 orders were filled, not to mention the '23 orders before before we talk about '24.

OP
OP
TheSEARCH

TheSEARCH

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well if you can place an order at a dealer with no deposit or refundable deposit there really isn't any risk for the buyer. Say he does and by the time he gets his order at the dealer its not profitable to resell he just refuses the vehicle and gets his deposit back. I do see that happening.

Greg_in_GA

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Engine
Undecided
So when will the order banks open for 2024 orders?
No one, including Ford, knows.

That said there is a possibility that Ford will start making the 2024 model year in July when they add the third shift to have them on dealer lots by September. That would be getting back to a more normal production schedule.

OP
OP
TheSEARCH

TheSEARCH

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

That said there is a possibility that Ford will start making the 2024 model year in July when they add the third shift to have them on dealer lots by September. That would be getting back to a more normal production schedule.
Would they start making the 2024 BEFORE the order banks for those truck are opened? That doesn't seem logical BUT hey its Ford.

stopgowalkon

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
currently: BMW X1 desired: XLT lux tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I still think it's possible they open up order banks for MY2023s for EBs early summer time frame since they could build all the EBs in the next 4 months or so that have already been ordered. Consensus on comments here is Ford would more likely just build stock for dealerships with remaining allocation room. What I don't know is if that removes any custom order potential during that timeframe. (Crossing fingers they would allow that since Iconic Silver XLT Tremor with Lux / 360 / SIBL doesn't seem to be a popular choice).

Sponsored

FischAutoTechGarten

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Green Valley Arizona USA, Alamos Sonora MEX
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mav Lariat EB AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I still think it's possible they open up order banks for MY2023s for EBs early summer time frame since they could build all the EBs in the next 4 months or so that have already been ordered. Consensus on comments here is Ford would more likely just build stock for dealerships with remaining allocation room. What I don't know is if that removes any custom order potential during that timeframe. (Crossing fingers they would allow that since Iconic Silver XLT Tremor with Lux / 360 / SIBL doesn't seem to be a popular choice).
That's really the issue.... is what I want doesn't seem to be a popular choice on dealer lots. That necessitates an order. Also, in the present climate.. ordering means MSRP for what you want.... dealer inventory means MSRP + $5K and a mess of adders for not exactly what you want.

Ac1030

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Altima, 2001 4Runner
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
With the way price increases have been going I don’t see myself ordering a 2024 if my rollover 2023 doesn’t get built. I can see the hybrid xlt with no options going up to 30k….

JohnHartshorn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Toyota Sienna XSE - Mav Hybrid XLT LUX Area 51
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Would they start making the 2024 BEFORE the order banks for those truck are opened? That doesn't seem logical BUT hey its Ford.
This is based on a rumor (and it's just a rumor) that the 2023my would stop production mid-summer. I don't see that happening, but Ford has done some truly asinine things over the last two years when it comes to the Maverick, so who knows.

Ac1030

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Altima, 2001 4Runner
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
With the way price increases have been going I don’t see myself ordering a 2024 if my rollover 2023 doesn’t get built. I can see the hybrid xlt with no options going up to 30k

Joseaoe1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT 2.0 4K VB, 2022 RAV4 Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just took possession of my hybrid xlt lux and if the model year 2024 has awd hybrid i will order one and watch what happens with idea to trade in my fwd if pricing is right. Enjoying the hybrid so far. I traded in my ecoboost for it and had no complaints about that vehicle but in the end the hybrid fits better with my needs.
Sponsored