Bj517

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Anyone do this with a spray in bed liner? Nothing sticks to it from my experience.
Late to the party, but I stuck these/similar LED strips directly to my factory bed liner and they're still holding on tight 6 months later. No zip ties or anything like that. I just made sure the clean the relevant parts of the bed liner real good with rubbing alcohol
Sponsored

RDRahn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Mymaverick2021

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Had my LED strips installed couple weeks ago, a must for XL owners or even XLT owners who don’t have a light inside the bed. The factory lighting from 3rd brake light just isn’t enough especially if you have a tonneau cover on.

FD814584-7114-44CC-8856-29C0BBC7D034.jpeg
ACC3B072-59C8-4421-9EAA-A247F099DB1F.jpeg

I purchased two 6ft LED strips that came as a bundle, a switch was included. I used the factory pigtail that was provided and spliced the power and ground wires. A simple job but time consuming to tuck the wire and ensure that the mod would last.

6F3F0A94-0BF8-4F00-805A-5F9D8F18C037.jpeg
1429FEEC-4305-4571-BB38-5561110C7B56.jpeg

I removed the left rear cover (bin for those non-XL owners). Ran the LED wires thru the rubber grommet that was already on the vehicle.

437AC103-64E7-48DD-B30F-86F792345B7E.jpeg
C63E0987-189C-402A-B2BD-886F0A51B084.jpeg

My LED were 6ft long so I had a few inches left over so I stuck them onto the front of the bed making a L Shape. Ran wires under the vehicle in front of spare tires. Took a bit of time to ensure the wires weren’t just hanging, secured all wiring to existing harness and electric taped all my wires as I didn’t want any water/mud/dirt/snow damage. Was able to sneak the switch between the bed and tailgate. Electric taped the switch completely and did a small cut out for the actually switch button to protrude out of the electric tape.

2C8E6BB8-FBB7-45DC-AB65-AD006B21CA15.jpeg
7012C8F7-7052-4D21-B756-20026F42043B.jpeg

It was the only spot I could reach with the provided wires I was giving from the LED strip, I could have extended the switch wire but got lazy. Overall I like the setup and pretty sure I won’t have any wire damage to come, hopefully these LED last. They're super bright, if I had the tonneau cover folded and lights on, you'd see me EVERYYTHING. Super excited to put this truck to use when camping season opens again.
Where are you getting your power from ⚡
Had my LED strips installed couple weeks ago, a must for XL owners or even XLT owners who don’t have a light inside the bed. The factory lighting from 3rd brake light just isn’t enough especially if you have a tonneau cover on.

Ford Maverick LED strip bed lighting installed FD814584-7114-44CC-8856-29C0BBC7D034
Ford Maverick LED strip bed lighting installed ACC3B072-59C8-4421-9EAA-A247F099DB1F

I purchased two 6ft LED strips that came as a bundle, a switch was included. I used the factory pigtail that was provided and spliced the power and ground wires. A simple job but time consuming to tuck the wire and ensure that the mod would last.

Ford Maverick LED strip bed lighting installed 6F3F0A94-0BF8-4F00-805A-5F9D8F18C037
Ford Maverick LED strip bed lighting installed 1429FEEC-4305-4571-BB38-5561110C7B56

I removed the left rear cover (bin for those non-XL owners). Ran the LED wires thru the rubber grommet that was already on the vehicle.

Ford Maverick LED strip bed lighting installed 437AC103-64E7-48DD-B30F-86F792345B7E
Ford Maverick LED strip bed lighting installed C63E0987-189C-402A-B2BD-886F0A51B084

My LED were 6ft long so I had a few inches left over so I stuck them onto the front of the bed making a L Shape. Ran wires under the vehicle in front of spare tires. Took a bit of time to ensure the wires weren’t just hanging, secured all wiring to existing harness and electric taped all my wires as I didn’t want any water/mud/dirt/snow damage. Was able to sneak the switch between the bed and tailgate. Electric taped the switch completely and did a small cut out for the actually switch button to protrude out of the electric tape.

Ford Maverick LED strip bed lighting installed 2C8E6BB8-FBB7-45DC-AB65-AD006B21CA15
Ford Maverick LED strip bed lighting installed 7012C8F7-7052-4D21-B756-20026F42043B

It was the only spot I could reach with the provided wires I was giving from the LED strip, I could have extended the switch wire but got lazy. Overall I like the setup and pretty sure I won’t have any wire damage to come, hopefully these LED last. They're super bright, if I had the tonneau cover folded and lights on, you'd see me EVERYYTHING. Super excited to put this truck to use when camping season opens again.
Where are you getting your power from ⚡I installed the 3 level of brightness levels from Amazon for $25.00

JamesC

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Mustang GT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Dumb question, but how do these turn on and off? If a USB/DC outlet is added to the bed there’s a switch? 🤦‍♂️

Sponsored

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Dumb question, but how do these turn on and off? If a USB/DC outlet is added to the bed there’s a switch? 🤦‍♂️
They typically come with a switch. I wasn't real impressed with the lack of weather-tightness to the switch on my (yet uninstalled) kit so I just removed/bypassed it. But then I plan on tying it into the Lux Package cargo light switch as mentioned here.

thevol

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver Mav 2.0 AWD 4k
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I just put these in along with usb/12v power outlet, pretty easy install with the 12v wiring already setup in the bed.

Ford Maverick LED strip bed lighting installed 1672777921962

j1truck

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EGolf
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hi everyone. Just installed mine and noticed that I would have to turn on the power of the car for it to work. If I leave my car off for a few hrs and come back, it wouldn’t turn on. Is this the same for everyone? If true, can I install a diode and 12v battery to almost always be able to turn on the light?
I am looking at part https://www.amazon.com/Painless-801...sr=8-18#aw-udpv3-customer-reviews_feature_div and https://www.amazon.com/Tenergy-Capa...5&sprefix=12v+battery+for+led,aps,176&sr=8-40. Thanks.

dcs12345

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Chevy
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The back wire is only powered for about 10-15 after the truck is turned off from what I understand. So yeah, it is normal for it not to work when you come back.

Something I’ve been wondering about….
After the truck has been off long enough to turn off the 12v bed wiring, if you hit the unlock button on the key fob, does that energize the 12v wiring in the bed?

it would be nice if, for example, when coming out to the truck with groceries, you can just hit the unlock button and open the tail gate and the 12v in the bed has power to turn in the bed LEDs.

j1truck

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EGolf
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The back wire is only powered for about 10-15 after the truck is turned off from what I understand. So yeah, it is normal for it not to work when you come back.

Something I’ve been wondering about….
After the truck has been off long enough to turn off the 12v bed wiring, if you hit the unlock button on the key fob, does that energize the 12v wiring in the bed?

it would be nice if, for example, when coming out to the truck with groceries, you can just hit the unlock button and open the tail gate and the 12v in the bed has power to turn in the bed LEDs.
Yes this is the problem that I would like to address.

I am just not sure of the battery requirements for charging and usage.

Sponsored

dcs12345

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Chevy
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If the power cannot be on at all unless the truck is on (or right after it is turned off), I’m not sure I’m even going to wire in lights.

One of the main times I would want the 12v power to be available is when I walk up to the truck and hit the unlock button on the fob unlock the tailgate. Going around and unlocking the cab, starting it up, then going back to the tailgate just seems like a waste.

I wonder if the power to be bed 12v system is something that is configurable is Forscan?

I just might mount a USB rechargeable light in the bed, then put in an 12v USB charger that I can hook up once a month or so to charge it while I’m driving.

j1truck

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EGolf
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If the power cannot be on at all unless the truck is on (or right after it is turned off), I’m not sure I’m even going to wire in lights.

One of the main times I would want the 12v power to be available is when I walk up to the truck and hit the unlock button on the fob unlock the tailgate. Going around and unlocking the cab, starting it up, then going back to the tailgate just seems like a waste.

I wonder if the power to be bed 12v system is something that is configurable is Forscan?

I just might mount a USB rechargeable light in the bed, then put in an 12v USB charger that I can hook up once a month or so to charge it while I’m driving.
It's funny because I have come to realized the exact same thing. haha.. It' s too much of hassle to figure out battery and stuffy. Though I will still keep the 12v led since it's very nice and bright but I am also add a usb port to power sensor led light power by battery (like one of those under cabinet.

MRickDetroit

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Can't you hardwire directly to the 12V + on the battery? I planned to add LED bed lighting with a magnetic switch so that it will only come on when I physically drop the tail gate. This timeout 'feature' isn't ideal for that.

dcs12345

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Chevy
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Can't you hardwire directly to the 12V + on the battery? I planned to add LED bed lighting with a magnetic switch so that it will only come on when I physically drop the tail gate. This timeout 'feature' isn't ideal for that.
Sure you could. I just wanted to be able to do it with the pigtails since they are right there…..and easy.

MRickDetroit

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ok cool, I wasn't sure if there was some special requirement for the high voltage pack preventing this, good to know!

Sure you could. I just wanted to be able to do it with the pigtails since they are right there…..and easy.
Sponsored