Sponsored

LED Headlights replacement cost = $1000-1400 (part numbers)

WesM

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Driving 10 hours straight everyday with the lights on for a year is 365 X 10 = 3,650 hours per year.
30,000 hours / 3,650 hours = 8.22 years. So based on that calculation they won't last 10 years.

Who in the world drives 10 hours a day (besides maybe a trucker?). Most people drive 2-3 hours max a day. If you drive 3 hours EVERY day you will get over 27 years.

Either way, there must be a way to get into the housing an replace the LED when they go bad. Probably not easy, but I bet there will be youtube videos before long. Might be a cheap way to pickup an insurance salvage truck and do a cheap fix on it.
Sponsored

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
Who in the world drives 10 hours a day (besides maybe a trucker?). Most people drive 2-3 hours max a day. If you drive 3 hours EVERY day you will get over 27 years.

Either way, there must be a way to get into the housing an replace the LED when they go bad. Probably not easy, but I bet there will be youtube videos before long. Might be a cheap way to pickup an insurance salvage truck and do a cheap fix on it.
Haha I pulled 10 from you know where. I figured worst case scenario you are traveling to Grandma's house for Christmas. Or maybe a summer vacation traveling and on the road a lot. Have you looked at video of Washington DC or LA with all the vehicles backed up just sitting still on Interstates going to work and going home? Used to work 25 miles from home in Manassas VA and it took me over 2 hours to get to work and 2.5 hours to get home vis I-66. So I just used that number for everyday. But you are correct.

marpolsdofer

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 Dodge Dakota 5.2L, 96 Geo Prizm 1.8L
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

That is one of the main reasons when I put new lights in my house I stick with stand screw bulb fitting and the out in LED bulbs. I don't like hard wired one as most of the time you have to replace nthe whole fixture. I had to replace some florescent bulbs for work and the ballast was also bad. They stay on 24/7 so I decided to run the led bulbs where you by pass the ballast. It was a pain to rewire it but the other option was to buy hard wired unit. Now when they go bad just change the led tube instead of changing out the whole unit.

That being said when I work for a small to and we priced out pickup plows we went with the high output lights instead of standard because they illuminated the area better and better lighting on the side that was not there on the standard.

NewBernWolf

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
LED headlights have been around for a long time. Ask your friends and family members how many of them have spent $1,000 out of pocket replacing an LED headlight or headlight assembly - and why it had to be replaced.

LC48

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, AWD, Carbonized Gray. Highlander Lim
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Basically the exact price, $1200 per, for our '21 Highlander. Toyota extended warranty covers them however.

Any other makes out there running $1k headlights?

Sponsored

Captain

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
63 Nova Convertible /
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Am I Overthinking this…. If the life of the lamp is a constant than miles driven matter not. What matters is the amount of time the ignition switch is active…. I’m sure these vehicle have some sort of Daytime running lights, if these bulbs are part of that system…. They are on every time we drive. I’m not going to worry until the light goes out. I figure what to do then, in the mean time I’ll just wait for Ford to give Worm sign.

WJOHNM

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Equinox, redline. XLT,AWD,4KTOW,FX4 ,CO PILOT360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Keep in mind this is a 25/30k in most cases not a E class the value of the vehicle is half of a E class, that makes a big difference.

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Basically the exact price, $1200 per, for our '21 Highlander. Toyota extended warranty covers them however.

Any other makes out there running $1k headlights?
Most of them if they're using LEDs. This "issue" is being way overblown.

Wrench77

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac ATS, Ford Maverick pre ordered
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Source for LED headlights replacement price: https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/threads/extended-warranty-or-not.3077/page-3#post-69508

Having a hard time with the fact that the led headlamps need to be replaced as a unit, costing over $1,000,(each)gnaws at me a bit. LED's are rated at 30,000 hours which should be good for 10 years makes it a bit more palatable, I guess?
Give it time too the price will come down. Aftermarket companies will have options later on too. Some LEDS have 50k hours life span. I would not worry about them burning out just if you hit something and have to replace them.

Whitenight

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat, 2021 Bronco Sport Badlands
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Probably not covered???
It's covered with a $50 deductible. I've had an ESP plan on all of my Ford vehicles and have never had to pay more the deductible for anything. The only thing that get pro-rated is tire and brake wear.

Bmr4mav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Lux Hybrid 23
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I see most people in here have never owned a vehicle with LED lights before. Yes they are expensive but they are extremely reliable and will easily last the life of the vehicle. Stop comparing them to the dollar store bulbs you have in your house.

Those of you planning to keep your Maverick past say 15 years will possibly need a replacement and at that point they won't cost nearly as much.
Sponsored

Last edited: