Shecster

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1930 Model A Ford - 1971 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So do the Signature headlights with DRL feature use the LED lighting as a turn signal also? The reason I ask is have you ever noticed many premium cars and trucks using the Signature/DRL lights as turn signals will cut off or shut down the DRL feature when utilizing the turn signals? It looks like the vehicle has a short or malfunction as the light shuts off @ the DRL and it looks like a one eyed vehicle coming towards you.
It is very noticeable and looks odd since the light goes dead while signaling....
Hopefully the Maverick will avoid this “ Cyclopes” effect. 👽
Sponsored

ATXcaraholic

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Smart ForTwo Prime
Engine
Undecided
The turn signal on the LED signature headlamp on Lariat models uses the incandescent turn signal bulb. I don’t know, but my guess is the signature lighting will turn off during turn signal use on the side in use The Bronco Sport does this so I would assume this will too. We will have to wait and see. Most vehicles do this to enhance turn signal visibility since many of the LED signature features/DRLs are so bright they “could” wash out seeing the turn signal.

OP
OP
Shecster

Shecster

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1930 Model A Ford - 1971 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The turn signal on the LED signature headlamp on Lariat models uses the incandescent turn signal bulb. I don’t know, but my guess is the signature lighting will turn off during turn signal use on the side in use The Bronco Sport does this so I would assume this will too. We will have to wait and see. Most vehicles do this to enhance turn signal visibility since many of the LED signature features/DRLs are so bright they “could” wash out seeing the turn signal.
Thanks for the input....
Can‘t wait to see the real Maverick critter up close and personal.
Sponsored