A Dodge that drives Fords

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Taurus Ford Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I got every package on my XLT, except for FX4. I guess you could say a replace FX4 with a tonneau cover. I didn't need of want all of the lariat options. Just wish I could have gotten Lane centering and adapter cruise on my XLT. Would have cost me at least another $5,000 just to get those two things. I love my Motorola MA1 My Android phone connects when I get in the truck. It starts my music up within a minute.
Sponsored

New2AZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX Hatchback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Built in xm/sync 3 was a very big determining factor when I chose lariat lux. Plus the whole thing is still so affordable that getting all the bells and whistles didn't seem like a big deal. Worth with it for me as my only vehicle and daily driver. It's nice to have that little bit more comfort for longer trips as well.

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Signature lights- Acoustic windshield (Yes it makes a difference) No cloth- Push button start- Real remote start with KFOB-

MikeyCNY

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat TREMOR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Heated steering wheel is amazing. I don't even need the heated seats on and I can keep the cabin air on low. Plus as I've found out the last two days, when your gloves get all wet from clearing snow, takes the gloves off inside the Mav and go bare-handed in comfort.

Only you can determine if the price is worth it - this is my only vehicle, so I wanted max features and comfort.

inthecabin

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I got a 21 Ranger Lariat loaded and loved the features coming from an 05 F150 FX4.
My wife loved the Ranger features so we got her the Lariat lux loaded hybrid except moonroof. 984 miles later she loves it!! I really like it too. But alas it’s what your pocketbook can afford. I think it’s a winner for us!!
As said before, you do you…

Sponsored

Gullzway

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Ford Mustang Fastback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Love my hybrid lariat with the luxury package. No regrets at all, and glad I didn't settle for a lower trim level with fewer features.

It's not a luxury car, but I definitely wouldn't call it cheap feeling at all. And you get a ton of creature comforts and modern tech features with the luxury package
Same for me! $30,800 Hybrid Lariat Lux, worth every penny.

OP didn’t mention Lux package. SiriusXM only comes with Lux package FYI.

Last edited:

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Heated steering wheel is amazing. I don't even need the heated seats on and I can keep the cabin air on low. Plus as I've found out the last two days, when your gloves get all wet from clearing snow, takes the gloves off inside the Mav and go bare-handed in comfort.

Only you can determine if the price is worth it - this is my only vehicle, so I wanted max features and comfort.
That steering wheel is a game changer- anyone with Raynaud's will rejoice.

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I wanted adaptive cruise and a heated steering wheel.

MightyMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
No regrets. I chose the Lariat for a reason. I finally wanted a vehicle that has all the options instead of compromising like in the past. The fact that it's only $35,000 fully loaded (without greedy markups) you can't go wrong. You can't get any other new fully-equipped pickup for the same price. It's not on a Lexus level of luxury or quality by any means but has just enough creature comforts and safety features to keep someone satisfied. I love the heated seats, power driver's seat, remote start, SYNC-3 with Sirius XM, two-tone faux leather seats, rear-cross traffic alert, blind-spot monitoring, stylish wheels, and the little details such as body-colored door handles, signature LED running lights, auto hold, and the silver painted grille slot. Also, having the upgraded turbo comes in handy for city commuting or merging on the highway. Side note, why does everyone bash on the B&O sound system? Everyone calls it mediocre or just plain crap but I think it's phenomenal. It has crisp sound quality with excellent bass and no speaker rattle. Maybe I don't listen to enough sound systems but I have no complaints on it like many others.

If I had to nitpick, I don't like how easily scratched the interior plastics get despite being cautious of ingress and egress. Also, the interior rattle in the passenger side of the dash that others have mentioned. It comes and goes which is weird and annoying. Some of the interior trim doesn't fit flush. There's a noticeable panel gap on where the upper and lower B-pillar trim meet that houses the seat belt. Every so often the headliner along the rear door seals gets untucked which requires draping the seal over it again to tuck it back into place. It's a weird issue do deal with. I don't know if anyone else has dealt with it but no vehicle is perfect. Before this, I was going to get a Cactus Grey XLT with the Lux and CP360 package but decided to just go all out for a few thousand more.

Last edited:

dwkfb69

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 BOSS 302 Mustang
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ordered a 22 Lariat FX4 AWD lux 360 the whole 9 yards... sadly (maybe not)... it was cancelled...I was able to convert it to a 23 Lariat Tremor Lux, 360 again the whole 9 yards... got a build date of 12/05/22... I ordered the truck I wanted... some off the bells and whistles I don't really need... but if I'm going to buy my first brand new vehicle it's going to be the way I want it...so, for me, yes, the Lariat package is worth it😎

Sponsored

Padanky

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I wasn't in the market for a Lariat, but ended up getting one that someone ordered and canceled. Love every bit of it, heated seats and steering wheel, starting to play with cruise control modes, remote start in the cold is great. I've only had it a week and it's well worth the extra 15k that I didn't know I was gonna spend. Thought I was gonna get into one for $25k ended up getting the Lariat loaded with everything but FX4 and sunroof for about $44k out the door.

Michaelkov

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BMW X1, 2018 Toyota Rav4, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Anyway, I wanted to hear from those with Lariats. Are you happy with it? Looking back, would you have went with a cheaper trim level?
Ford Maverick Lariat trim, worth it? Uncivilized

mtd14

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Chevy
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I hear people say that too OP, but when I ask them to name another fully loaded truck that's a hybrid in the sub $40k price range, all I hear is crickets...
It’s probably worth noting that Ford said 80% of Maverick buyers are first time truck owners. So for 80% of people the truck part likely isn’t at relevant, so they are likely comparing it to non trucks sub $40k. Obviously, if a truck is important to you than the decision is easy since there’s nothing else. It’s a fair comparison for them to make because it’s what Ford wants - a conquest vehicle to compete with the Honda Civic.

2022 pushed behind 2023's

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you don't need a truck bed then there are better Hybrid AWD options that have those perks like ACC/lane centering for around the same price you can get that loaded lariat for, but come with a better build quality and nicer interior.
If you need a truck though you need a truck.
Nothing touches the XL Hybrid in price, quality, or MPG's for price IMO.