First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I read what you said as you applied brake then the acclerator with no movement
Sponsored

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Model: Lariat Hybrid / Miles: 5500

Problem: Stopped on the street in front of my mailbox to get my mail. Truck was left in "D". After getting the mail, I depressed the gas pedal to turn into my driveway. Truck would not move. It felt like the wheels were spinning as if the truck was stuck - but the truck was on pavement - so it must have been the transmission slipping. Put it in ""R" - same issue. Tried "D" again - nothing. Put it in "R" and truck started to move backward. Put it in "D" and was able to drive into my driveway. I then got out and inspected the area on the road in front of my mailbox. There was red fluid (I assume transmission fluid) on the pavement in front of my mailbox.

I then drove to the dealer where I purchased the truck about 15 miles from my house and there were no other issues. Described the problem to the service tech and left the truck. They called the next day and said they test drove the truck with no issues. They could find no evidence of a fluid leak. They checked the transmission with the diagnostic computer and nothing showed up.

Has onyone experienced an issue like this? I am afraid the truck is going to leave me stranded somewhere.
I am not sure exactly but I believe it happened to me 3-4 months ago. After retrieving my mail without exiting my truck and not opening the door but maybe in leaning towards the mailbox cause the parking brake to be set which should also cause the rotary to have to be moved to Drive before moving. There was when it happens to me it took a more than normal go pedal to cause truck to move. As I remember I did not put truck in drive but it was in drive and lurched when it did move. Now I move selector to park before getting mail out of box and have not had issue since. Sorry I cannot give an exact answer but if you are going to get out of truck while In ready state manually set the brake to the right of the drive selector knob then push it off when you get back in.

inthecabin

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Wow maybe some red was left by someone else..

clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Mailman’s doing car pranks again. His methods are refined…

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Porsche Macan S/2023 Integra 6MT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you opened your door, it set the parking brake. Also if you unbuckled your seatbelt with the truck in D and brake hold active then it will set the brake.

User error.

Sponsored

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

If you opened your door, it set the parking brake. Also if you unbuckled your seatbelt with the truck in D and brake hold active then it will set the brake.

User error.
I don't think it sets the break, but it will chime if you have it in drive and SOMEONE opens the door it will chime if you unbuckle yourself while its in drive too.

Wnbasac

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Louie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V & firebird T/A
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Doesn’t auto go into park when you open the door?

bscarpenter

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
BC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick. XL Hybrid, 360, manual slider,
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Go back and read what you posted.
" Problem: Stopped on the street in front of my mailbox to get my mail. Truck was left in "D". " After getting the mail, I depressed the gas pedal to turn into my driveway.

Normal people would take this as YOU got out of the truck and the mail, not anyone else.
Normal people would assume he rolled down his window and retrieved his mail.

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Normal people would assume he rolled down his window and retrieved his mail.
Not necessarily, for me, I have to get out of my truck, and walk to my mailbox.
Sponsored