Ayoung

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2023
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My son is having a problem with his Maverick. Last week it would not turn over when starting. Thought it was the battery and attempted to jump it 3 times All lights and dashboard would light up. Ended up calling a tow truck but we could not get the emergency brake to release. So tow truck tried to jump it again and amazingly it worked. Drove it straight to the dealership. When we turned the car off it would not start again. It has sat at the dealership for over a week, literally in the same spot we left it. Very frustrated with the lack of service I feel they haven’t even taken a good look at it if it has even been moved back into the garage. They just called and said they need to tear apart the transmission to get to a TR sensor and replace it. Has anyone had this issue. Truck barely has 3,000 miles on it. I have seen a lot of posts that Maverick owners have had full transmission replacements. Makes me nervous on a new truck.
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
Undecided
Good morning! I can look into this transmission issue on my end. Please send over a private message with your VIN and the name/location of the Ford dealer you are currently working with if you would like to get started!
Drew
Ford Social Media Team

Cobraj

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, Jeep Gladiator
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
curious Hybrid or Ecoboost?

Cobraj

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, Jeep Gladiator
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have a hybrid, so I will have to worry about my High voltage cable going bad!. 3k miles that is rough. hope it doesn't take too long to fix. Good Luck!

Sponsored

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 SVT Cobra Mustang, HPR Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My stepson is a service manager at a medium/large dealership so I asked him about driveline issues before placing my order. In the pat year they have had 2 8F35s in for repair. One was repaired in car and the other was bench repaired.
He owns a 2020 Escape and a 2022 BS Badlands if that's any indication of his opinion.
Sponsored