Sponsored

Lariat Ecoboost AWD transmission details?

Loneoak

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
4711 Old Douglasville Rd Lithia Springs Ga 30122
Vehicle(s)
Taurus
Does anyone have any
knowledge of the AWD system that is going in the Lariet with EcoBoost. it appears as if this model it is the only thing offered. I've got one ordered and was just hoping to learn more before it arrives.
Sponsored

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Typical FWD bias PTU system with no lock up capability. Tremor option gets you a locking rear diff.

CG - All the way

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram, 2005, 2500 Diesel, 22 Lariat, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford decided that anyone ordering a Lariat EB wanted/needed AWD?? Not everyone wanting a Lariat EB wants AWD!! It raises the base price over the XLT by about $5700. Ford obviously believes this will make the company more money on Lariats they do sell and also steer people who do not want AWD to the XLT which in their projections they want to be over fifty percent of sales. They also realize that prospective Lariat EB buyers will switch to fully loaded XLT's. Percentage of profit is higher in the option packages. IMHO!;)

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat, Expedition Limited, 22 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Found this on the spec sheet, but it's not alot of detail. Hope ya find what you need.

Rear (AWD)
Independent multi-link trailing arm suspension with twin-tube
hydraulic gas-pressurized dampers, coil springs, stabilizer bar,
steel sub-frame and cast knuckle

Rear (AWD/FX4)
Independent multi-link trailing arm suspension with mono-tube
hydraulic gas-pressurized dampers with hydraulic rebound stop,
coil springs, stabilizer bar, steel sub-frame and cast knuckle

Sponsored

gte105u

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat, '17 Rogue SL, '14 Altima SV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford decided that anyone ordering a Lariat EB wanted/needed AWD?? Not everyone wanting a Lariat EB wants AWD!! It raises the base price over the XLT by about $5700. Ford obviously believes this will make the company more money on Lariats they do sell and also steer people who do not want AWD to the XLT which in their projections they want to be over fifty percent of sales. They also realize that prospective Lariat EB buyers will switch to fully loaded XLT's. Percentage of profit is higher in the option packages. IMHO!;)
Considering the order banks closed in a week, I guess it's not hurting ford too much. It's probably less about the money, more about the scheduling efficiency. I don't think Ford cares if the EcoBoost buyers wants awd, they decided that if you want an EcoBoost you will get AWD. If it helps keep things moving more efficiently, I'm fine with it. Sorry not sorry

Mabcim

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat 2.0 AWD; 20 Escape SEL 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I have had this power train in my last Fusion and 2 Escapes.
Works very well.
There is a screen you can have visible on the cluster that shows how much split you have front to rear.
On a normal dry road from a stop, it will apply power to both, then as you get to speed will it turn off the back. Thus the previous comments about it being FWD biased.

NJBob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2003 MR2, 2019 Forrester, 1969 Z/28
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Always thought ecoboost without awd is silly
But there are people that want just fwd don't know why ford dropped this option.

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, AWD, 4K tow, 2.0L EcoBoost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Does anyone have any
knowledge of the AWD system that is going in the Lariet with EcoBoost. it appears as if this model it is the only thing offered. I've got one ordered and was just hoping to learn more before it arrives.
The AWD is the same system as used on all the trims sans ones with a Tremor package.
Considering the order banks closed in a week, I guess it's not hurting ford too much. It's probably less about the money, more about the scheduling efficiency. I don't think Ford cares if the EcoBoost buyers wants awd, they decided that if you want an EcoBoost you will get AWD. If it helps keep things moving more efficiently, I'm fine with it. Sorry not sorry
They require it as part of the LUX package same as a 2022. My guess is to streamline production and delivery times they decided to drop the other drivetrain options on Lariats. There really isn't much in base Lariat package that you can't get on a fully loaded XLT trim. Unless the finance people at Ford are a bunch of bozos they've figured out how and where the spread out the potential cost of trading up from an XLT to a Lariat hybrid based on the percentage of MY2022 orders in the 2023 lower trim pricing.

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, AWD, 4K tow, 2.0L EcoBoost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Always thought ecoboost without awd is silly
But there are people that want just fwd don't know why ford dropped this option.
Search around the forum, the short answer is the reason why they don't offer AWD on the hybrids is the same reason they don't offer 4k tow on FWD models, because of the suspension system. AWD and FWD models use different suspensions. The FWD variant as far as AWD goes doesn't have room to accomodate the AWD components. With the Tremor package you now have 3rd different suspension system being offered.

Sponsored

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat, Expedition Limited, 22 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Does anyone have any
Also found these videos that might interest you.

CG - All the way

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram, 2005, 2500 Diesel, 22 Lariat, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It seems like your response indicates that all EB's come with AWD; that is true only of the Lariat. I agree that obviously Ford decided that if you want a LARIAT EB you take AWD. Surprised that if this is this is only for "scheduling efficiency" it was just restricted to the Lariat.

I note your MY23 Lariat order includes FX4 and 4K towing packages. These kind of go with AWD like a good gravy goes with potatoes. It would seem that if the AWD was still an option for the Lariat you would have probably ordered it anyway. Good for you. However, this no longer being an option is not good for some others.

I realize Ford is in the cats-bird seat right now. However, sometimes people remember short-term decisions for a long time................

Jmav2152

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Mav, 15' KTM 1190 ADV R, 19' Husq TE250i
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
With the Tremor package you now have 3rd different suspension system being offered.
The Tremor isn't really a different suspension. Tuned differently and a slight lift yes but the system is the same. What's different is the twin clutch which is more so a drivetrain component. The suspension in all the AWD models is the same in design.
Sponsored