First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My question is. With the keys that come with the Maverick. Will the truck NOT let me lock my keys in the cab? Or do I need the door code accessorize?
Sponsored

Nighowl2000

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford Maverick lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My question is. With the keys that come with the Maverick. Will the truck NOT let me lock my keys in the cab? Or do I need the door code accessorize?
Get the door code num pad....

Arukoru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
I'm not sure how it works for Ford "intelligent access" type systems will usually not lock if the keys are inside unless you hit the lock button

OP
OP

Japple921

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered an XL

Sponsored

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You may be able to unlock with the Ford app if by some way you lock your keys in your car. This hasn’t happened to me in 19 years of driving so I have zero fear of this occurring in the Maverick.

If you think this will happen, you can add the number pad as a stick on accessory to the XL. Takes a few minutes to program your self. This is very easy to do and is less than $100

here is a link to a keypad it isn’t specific to the maverick but it would work

Last edited:

Janet

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Janet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I reported random door lock problems here in the spring. My XL locks itself with the keys inside, including when it is running! All four doors sometimes, but usually just the driver's door. I live in the country and leave my truck unlocked. If I use the fob after exiting the truck to "unlock", it waits and then locks it anyway. If, however, I push the unlock button on the door, it will stay unlocked. My dealer will not do anything until problem is replicated at the shop. Ford Canada says NOBODY ELSE has this problem and Ford USA cannot help me. My blood pressure goes waaaay up everytime this happens.

ClintonDix

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You are able to lock the keys in the car with both key styles.

With the standard key
It works like any other regular car where if you lock the door before getting out, it will not automatically unlock the doors like the push button systems since those ones are able to detect the key in the vehicle.

With the push button systems
You will need to get out, close the door, and then press both of the bottom two buttons on the keypad system (7-8 & 9-0). This will override the system allowing you to lock the vehicle with the keys in the car. This will also lock the doors for any other Ford vehicle with the keypad feature.

I can't see why FordPass wouldn't work as a workaround on this as well with locking/unlocking
Sponsored