GAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hey Folks,

Thanks to the Forum, I received notice of the on-line owners manual. I read it, all 533 pages. I understand all of it, with the exception of the very beginning. FOUR KEYS? I am expecting the dealership to give me two sets of keys that will let me (a) enter my vehicle, (b) start it and drive it, and (c) lock it. I don't need any keys that are dependent upon the signs of the zodiak.

If any of you are hep on what keys I will get with my basic XL Maverick, I will appreciate any information that you can provide. I am a bookkeeper, so please do not include any technical words like vortex, wi-fi, or ovaries.

Thanks in advance,

GAB
Sponsored

abjbrtd

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Kona, Thor Citation
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hey Folks,

Thanks to the Forum, I received notice of the on-line owners manual. I read it, all 533 pages. I understand all of it, with the exception of the very beginning. FOUR KEYS? I am expecting the dealership to give me two sets of keys that will let me (a) enter my vehicle, (b) start it and drive it, and (c) lock it. I don't need any keys that are dependent upon the signs of the zodiak.

If any of you are hep on what keys I will get with my basic XL Maverick, I will appreciate any information that you can provide. I am a bookkeeper, so please do not include any technical words like vortex, wi-fi, or ovaries.

Thanks in advance,

GAB
Maybe it means ALL available keys depending on options
Mechanical key
Key fob
Wheel lock key
Bed lock key
:unsure:

Edit: forgot 1
The coded lock on the side of the cab

Fakegrownup

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Ecoboost AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hey Folks,

Thanks in advance,

GAB
But as a safety feature, the ovaries won't function without the properly coded key.

Acro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Hey Folks,

Thanks in advance,

GAB
I believe the polar vortex had an effect on the ovaries of the wi-fi enabled keys and therefore you can use the bonus keys to unlock the hidden powers generated via the lunar eclipse in 2025?

vezpa

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
EMG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too many to list.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Its probably the same as my GMs. You can program UP TO 4 keys at any time to work with the vehicle.

Sponsored

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HCH2, Hybrid XLT on order
2 encoded drive keys, 1 valet key, 1 door or wheel lock key, tailgate key should be the same as valet or door key.

valet key allows the vehicle to start and move a short distance a few times before disabling ignition, or it did on my Lincoln town car.

OP
OP

FamousAmos

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
GAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
2 encoded drive keys, 1 valet key, 1 door or wheel lock key, tailgate key should be the same as valet or door key.

valet key allows the vehicle to start and move a short distance a few times before disabling ignition, or it did on my Lincoln town car.
Thanks Rk. It sounds like I will only need to carry ONE programmed key on my key chain, as I have done for the last 30 years or so. The valet key is worthless, and can stay in my dresser, and if I get a wheel lock key, I will keep it in the console storage. I used to always keep an extra ignition key in a magnetic box under the car somewhere, but now that these programmable keys cost $80 to replace, I think that the spare key will go on a hook in my apartment, and pray that I don't lose the ignition key while out on the road.

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks Rk. It sounds like I will only need to carry ONE programmed key on my key chain, as I have done for the last 30 years or so. The valet key is worthless, and can stay in my dresser, and if I get a wheel lock key, I will keep it in the console storage. I used to always keep an extra ignition key in a magnetic box under the car somewhere, but now that these programmable keys cost $80 to replace, I think that the spare key will go on a hook in my apartment, and pray that I don't lose the ignition key while out on the road.
Buy a lishi and practice lock picking your door with it. Just have your real key handy, newer Fords will activate the alarm in the event of a picked lock. Plus the Lishi is about $40 instead of 80.

Mav

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Maverick
3rd and 4th key are for the WiFi vortex generator ovaries

Stimpy433

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mavrick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hey Folks,

Thanks in advance,

GAB
On what page did you see the "4 keys" you're asking about???

Sponsored

ralatalo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Yaris hatchback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I haven't had a ford since my Pinto in HS but when I read the manual there was something about 'mykey which allowed you to set certain options on certain keys. It didn't seem like it was a completely new feature and since I don't have a current or recent Ford I mostly just skimmed the section and decided would figure it out when I got mine.

One thing I thought 'interesting' was you needed a non-limited key to remove the existing limits on programmed keys... or that was my take. So there may be a reason to sent out more than 2 keys.

UberGadgetFreak

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Marauder, 21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I haven't had a ford since my Pinto in HS but when I read the manual there was something about 'mykey which allowed you to set certain options on certain keys. It didn't seem like it was a completely new feature and since I don't have a current or recent Ford I mostly just skimmed the section and decided would figure it out when I got mine.

One thing I thought 'interesting' was you needed a non-limited key to remove the existing limits on programmed keys... or that was my take. So there may be a reason to sent out more than 2 keys.
The two key fobs you get will default to "Admin" keys.
You can buy additional ones and set "MyKey" restrictions after they are programmed to your vehicle. The MyKey system (if its like others) can support up to 9 keys in total.

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

And like I said: my Lincoln town car came with 4 keys, 2 keys with grey tabs, one with a black tan (valet) and one for the lug nuts. The valet key also opened the trunk and only allowed a short distance operation.

dad, when his Alzheimer’s got really bad hit the valet key because he freaked out if he did not have a key and we knew he could not get far with it. Later when he got really bad we got him a random Lincoln keyfrom Walmart or home depot or someplace and had them deliberately miscut it.
Sponsored