First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So the Maverick is 199" in length, my Lincoln Navigator is 207". It will fit in my garage nicely. I had a GMC Sierra and it would take up every inch I had in the garage...
Sponsored

Fred

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
So the Maverick is 199" in length, my Lincoln Navigator is 207". It will fit in my garage nicely. I had a GMC Sierra and it would take up every inch I had in the garage...
It is only small compared to a full size truck.... about the same length as an explorer or telluride

jcsan18

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
I think it’s perfect. The real shocker and deciding factor for me was the interior dimensions being bigger than a Ranger. That’s just simply awesome.

Peps

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Volvo XC40
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The width of 72.6″ is also what I look at, which translates in the ability to drive more relaxed in town instead of worrying about hitting mirrors when there is incoming traffic. I currently drive a volvo xc40 that is even larger than the Maverick with its 73.3".
Pick up like f150 are 79.9" in width the tacoma is > 74.3" .. a bit too much for me/the roads I drive..

Sponsored

CASD57

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz
Engine
Undecided
The only truck close to it is the Nissan Frontier but.....it only has 25.5in rear leg room... Yikes I guess the long bed is what cut's into the back leg room......

NDL

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The width of 72.6″ is also what I look at, which translates in the ability to drive more relaxed in town instead of worrying about hitting mirrors when there is incoming traffic. I currently drive a volvo xc40 that is even larger than the Maverick with its 73.3".
Pick up like f150 are 79.9" in width the tacoma is > 74.3" .. a bit too much for me/the roads I drive..
I wished for something around 190" long, but then I realized that the Maverick's real asset comes with her width. She'll be easy to park.

martyi48

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've had a driver's license for almost 59 years. During all that time I have owned a bunch of vehicles, all makes and models and I have learned one thing: besides the obvious proper and regular maintenance, the key to any car or truck's longevity is that it be kept in the garage, out of the elements. This is true in all the areas of the country I have lived from the cold and snow of upstate New York to my current home in Texas with its heat and sun - and everywhere else in-between.

I have one car, a sports sedan that has plenty of room in my two car garage. Any vehicle larger than the Maverick, especially in width, simply would not fit unless I got rid of virtually everything else in the garage including my golf cart and lawn tractor. But the Maverick's dimensions are just perfect for everything to fit nicely. For me, the truck dimensions were a crucial factor in deciding to buy the Maverick.

06Warrior

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Person
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' HD Road Glide, 22’ Sporster S
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It’s longer than my 2018 Mustang GT by 1.5”.

It’s not a small truck but compared to mid size and full size trucks it is.

Packer Bill

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The Maverick is 20 inches longer than my compact SUV!

Sponsored

JsnMrd

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's longer that my ex Hyundai Palisade. By 3 inches

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 99 E150 Clb Wgn, 23 Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

My mid sized 73 Cutlass coupe is 209" long. Interesting that it is longer than your Navigator.

IdahoDirtFarmer

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 ordered '23 XLT, Eco, AWD, FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It's only 2.5 feet shorter than my 1/2 ton. I would have liked having the option of being either shorter with just an extended cab, or same length with extended cab and longer bed. Ideally I'd like to see an extended cab version with a rear seat delete option like the Tacoma.

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It's only 2.5 feet shorter than my 1/2 ton. I would have liked having the option of being either shorter with just an extended cab, or same length with extended cab and longer bed. Ideally I'd like to see an extended cab version with a rear seat delete option like the Tacoma.
the options you listed would have been too costly and complex to build for this platform. Though us truck people would have loved it, that would have alienated most of the non-truck people Ford was targeting with the product. Reviewing the demographics of actual buyers, Ford made the right decision here. Remember, there was no guarantee this gamble on Compact truck would even work since the space was vacated in USA 10 years ago and mid-size had much more selection and annual unit sales.

My own preference is a SuperCab with rear seat delete and 6' bed. 2 of my previous Rangers and our current F-150 has SCab as well but no seat delete option. Current 5th generation Ranger DOES have SCab w/rear seat delete and longer bed option- but doesn't work for me in other areas. I'll be watching out for next generation Ranger to see if it still offers SCab w/rear seat delete and longer bed combo to see if it checks more boxes for me than my Maverick :unsure:

AutobahnSHO

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata, Hybrid Mav, Odyssey
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
yeah Honda Odyssey is 205" long by 79" wide.

Mav is 6" shorter and a full 7" narrower.
Sponsored