Sponsored

Issues / problems with the hood release mechanism?

GlennTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid, 2016 HD Heritage Classic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Has anyone had any issues/problems with the hood release mechanism?

The cable came off the release handle so when I pulled the handle the entire cable moves instead of the inner cable attached to the latch. My dealer looked at it and ordered a new handle mechanism. (and of course it's back-ordered). I can still get under the hood by using a pair of pliers to hold the cable while pulling the handle.
Sponsored

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I had that cable come off the back of the handle once, but once it was put back on no issue.

You should check to see if you can just reinsert the cable end into the connector on the handle.

OP
OP
GlennTX

GlennTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You should check to see if you can just reinsert the cable end into the connector on the handle.
It's still attached the problem is the whole cable moved instead of just the center cable. :)

Sykotyk

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's still attached the problem is the whole cable moved instead of just the center cable. :)
This can happen to any vehicle. These little plastic clips on the line that hold it in place can break or pull out. I've had it happen a couple of times in other cars. Just a pain in the butt.

Mavonorder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This can happen to any vehicle. These little plastic clips on the line that hold it in place can break or pull out. I've had it happen a couple of times in other cars. Just a pain in the butt.
The handle for the hood release is weak to say the least. I make sure to grab the handle as close to the pivot point as possible so as to reduce the stress put on the handle itself because I don't want the handle to snap off on the future. I do the same for the glove box handle which is extremely flimsy.

Sponsored

Mav4him

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Mine just popped off yesterday. Hopefully I can fix it tomorrow after reading this thread.

btas

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick, Ford Mustang, Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Mine just popped loose and I can no longer open the hood. How hard is it to remove the panel trim by the hood release without damaging it?

OP
OP
GlennTX

GlennTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Mine just popped loose and I can no longer open the hood. How hard is it to remove the panel trim by the hood release without damaging it?
I could never figure out how to get the handle off and it seems to be attached to the side panel.

I was able to grab the cable with a pair of pliers in order to hold it while pulling the handle. My dealer ended up changing a part. They told me the hood struts I put on is what caused it. They paid for the repair but told me they would not replace another one.

btas

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick, Ford Mustang, Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Fixed mine today by removing the top trim panel above the Hood Release. Loosened the one the handle goes through. Used a pair of needle nose plier to slip the cable back in where it belongs. All good now.

Ford Maverick Issues / problems with the hood release mechanism? Hood release cable loose

Ford Maverick Issues / problems with the hood release mechanism? Hood release cable fixed

Haggs

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram, Maverick, 1981 Yamaha Midnight Maxim
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Fixed mine today by removing the top trim panel above the Hood Release. Loosened the one the handle goes through. Used a pair of needle nose plier to slip the cable back in where it belongs. All good now.

Hood release cable loose.jpg

Hood release cable fixed.jpg
Thanks for the post. Easy fix if you know what your looking for. Much appreciated

Sponsored

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, EB, LUX, FX4, 4K, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Guys, this thread just saved my life. Thank you!

juekerus

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wow, I am having the same problem with the strutts I installed, I will try the fix! Thanks!
Sponsored