First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT FX4 Off-Road Edition
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hello there, I've been able to connect the truck just fine with my Forscan adapter and the latest version of Forscan. The previous owner did not have the tire size correctly set, and I realized this because my mileage was off by about 6 miles after driving the first 70. So I went in and adjusted them to be closer to what I have. Mine are 245/65 R17 but the truck only allows you to enter a smaller size; which is even under the Ford allowable tire size at 235/65 R17. Kinda weird that it doesn't support a larger value, but at least, now the speedo and odometer are much closer when tracking it with a GPS app on my phone.

Anyways, I was also going to enable ECO and SPORT mode like others, but when I followed the procedure like many other folks, I come to find out that the ABS module is not e4ven showing up on my FX4 truck.

Did the dealer disable it? is there a new firmware for the truck ECM that does not enable it or did ford change it so that users can't go in and change it so easily? Is my adapter bad, or, is there something I am doing wrong?

Like I said, all is good with the adapter, I can log in and see stuff just fine... so not sure that is the issue.

Ford Maverick Issues finding ABS Module when connecting with FORSCAN Screenshot 2024-02-21 095727
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
StormETech

StormETech

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

BlueSpec1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XLT 2.5L, 22 Escape Plug In, 23 Bolt EUV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
With an OBDLink EX, Forscan showed:
Ford Maverick Issues finding ABS Module when connecting with FORSCAN Maverick 2.5L Modules as of 2023-11-23

FYI, OBDLink EX $40.77 shipped Aug 18, 2023, discount code applied in the cart still today.
I'd used the Vgate vLinker FS on my Escape, but the OBDLink EX connected to Windows easier when I got around to my Maverick.

Last edited:
OP
OP
StormETech

StormETech

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks for looking BlueSpec1 maybe its just a matter of me needing a better adapter. I will order the one you mention and try again and report the findings.

Sponsored

OP
OP
StormETech

StormETech

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Alright @BlueSpec1 , so the standard Forscan recommended adapter did not work either, same results as the cheap one. Am able to connect to the vehicle, but cannot access the ABS module... only these. Any thoughts or has anyone else had the same issue?

Ford Maverick Issues finding ABS Module when connecting with FORSCAN Screenshot 2024-02-21 095727

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Alright @BlueSpec1 , so the standard Forscan recommended adapter did not work either, same results as the cheap one. Am able to connect to the vehicle, but cannot access the ABS module... only these. Any thoughts or has anyone else had the same issue?

Screenshot 2024-02-21 095727.png
When you connect and FORScan asks if you want to use the saved profile tell it no. Then it will attempt to discover all of the modules.
Sponsored