2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, EB, LUX, FX4, 4K, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

UPDATE: Thanks to @Maverick2022XL for the advice. It was really as simple as that. Highlight the ABS Module and then click on the "play" button on the bottom the screen to get to the configuration tab where you can change the settings.

I have successfully added Eco and Sport modes to my FX4 and also updated the tire size to 235/65/17 to get within one size of the 245/65/17s I installed on my truck.

Many thanks to the knowledgeable folks in this Maverick community. The MTC is truly a blessing.

Ford Maverick UPDATE: PROBLEM SOLVED — Trying to Configure ABS Module with Forscan IMG_8447.JPG

Ford Maverick UPDATE: PROBLEM SOLVED — Trying to Configure ABS Module with Forscan IMG_8448.JPG

ORIGINAL POST: So, I just recently got my truck and planning to add the Sport and Eco modes to my FX4 package as outlined in numerous threads here and elsewhere. I am pretty good with technology and assumed this would take me less than 5 minutes. However, when I connect to my truck, click on the configuration and programming section of Forscan and go to the ABS module, there is no tab for "ABS Module Configuration" at the top of my screen.

I have attached a screen shot from a YouTube video to show the tab that I need, but is not there on my computer. I have the "Configuration and Programming" and "Log" tabs, but the third tab that allows you to go into each individual module and change settings just doesn't exist.

Ford Maverick UPDATE: PROBLEM SOLVED — Trying to Configure ABS Module with Forscan Screen Shot 2023-01-02 at 3.17.08 PM

I have the latest version of Forscan installed, and I also have a free extended license key installed. The software says that my extended license is valid through Feb. 18, 2023. So, I can't imagine that is the issue.

As for the connection between my laptop and the truck, I am using the VGate vLinker FS OBD2 USB Adapter. This is one the two options recommended on the Forscan website. However, it is the less expensive option.

Anyone have any idea what's going on here? Is it a software issue? A cable issue? The adapter seems to work and connect to the truck just fine, but obviously something is preventing me from utilizing the full functionality of the system.

Thanks in advance for the help!
Sponsored

Last edited:

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, AWD, 4K tow, 2.0L EcoBoost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You need to first choose it from the list of modules then press the play button to load it up so you get to the configuration options and tab along the top.

OP
OP
pa-outdoorsman

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

You need to first choose it from the list of modules then press the play button to load it up so you get to the configuration options and tab along the top.
Ah, OK, I'll give that a try. I did highlight it. Double clicked on it over and over and nothing happened. I'll try highlighting it and clicking play...

OP
OP
pa-outdoorsman

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Ah, thanks again for the advice. It was as simple as pressing that "play" button at bottom after highlighting the ABS module and then from there it was a piece of cake. Happy New Year to you!
Sponsored