Sponsored

Is it possible to swap in Focus RS engine?

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Not like this will happen any time soon I just wanted to see what others had to say on the matter or if it’s popped up in anyone else’s heads
Ohh I think just about every gearhead on here want a 2.3 6spd Advanced AWD Maverick.
Sponsored

OneAlienBoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I mean there is a driveshaft tunnel so it should be easy enough to drop a 460 in it. It has a good sized engine bay. I think a 2.3 would fit just fine. Ecoboost or Lima.
Just hear me out, mid engine SEMA build. I'm half joking, but the idea of someone taking ford's smallest, lightest truck, and just doing an insane build sounds awesome to me. Lower it, throw a wide body kit on it, cut out some side air intakes in the side of the bed, maybe do some sort of new tailgate design with a cutout aerodynamic pass thru. Go all out, swap in like a 5.0 or a 5.2.

That would be so much cooler imo than just another lifted or slammed basic SEMA build.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Just hear me out, mid engine SEMA build. I'm half joking, but the idea of someone taking ford's smallest, lightest truck, and just doing an insane build sounds awesome to me. Lower it, throw a wide body kit on it, cut out some side air intakes in the side of the bed, maybe do some sort of new tailgate design with a cutout aerodynamic pass thru. Go all out, swap in like a 5.0 or a 5.2.

That would be so much cooler imo than just another lifted or slammed basic SEMA build.
Well Im thinking since the Maverick was a 70s car, it might be better to stick with the 70s. In the vein of Roadkills Mazdarati, I propose a 351 Boss Maverick P(antera). That right, lets put a ZF transaxle bolted to a roudy high revving 351 cleveland(probably bored and stroked to 427) right in the bed of a Maverick. Just for shits and giggles maybe drop a 280hp E-luminator crate motor under the hood. Just tie its accelerator to the rear axle and it should supplement power right on que. It would actually be an awesome road vehicle. As an effective PHEV you could cruise around all day on electric power without using the clutch and when you want to have some fun, simply ignite the fire breathing small block and annihilate any track you set rubber on with 7-8-or even 900 hp of AWD greatness. Still you would be driving a 5 seater family vehicle. The only caveat would be the loss of cargo space. It would get great mileage also.
Sponsored