Sponsored

Is it possible to remove securipass keypad on XLT?

bioned

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I know securicode comes default in XLT/Lariat, default as in drilled to the door.

Is it possible to remove it?

the idea of a 5 digit code tingles my GTA paranoia
Sponsored

unclerunkle

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Marquis
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Doesn’t answer your question but I love that keypad. Leave my keys in the car all the time without hesitation. I live in a pretty low crime area so ymmv.

Maybe give it a shot first? Otherwise there may be a fleet delete option I’m not aware of

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Don't really see why not. It's just plugged in. Should be able to pop off the trim on the pillar, remove the keypad, unplug it, and just cover it up with a blank trim piece (could probably just swap on one from an XL).

Worst case scenario, it would throw an error code somewhere but it's not going to otherwise impede operation of the vehicle.

The branding is actually SecuriCode.

Ford Maverick Is it possible to remove securipass keypad on XLT? 1673752565973

OP
OP

bioned

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Don't really see why not. It's just plugged in. Should be able to pop off the trim on the pillar, remove the keypad, unplug it, and just cover it up with a blank trim piece (could probably just swap on one from an XL).

Worst case scenario, it would throw an error code somewhere but it's not going to otherwise impede operation of the vehicle.

The branding is actually SecuriCode.

1673752565973.png
I mean before scheduling. Can the dealer remove it?

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I mean before scheduling. Can the dealer remove it?
Maybe with a Fleet ID #... It's standard equipment. Comes whether you want it or not.

Only way to remove it is to physically remove it after purchasing the vehicle.

Sponsored

icegradner

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Considering the number of possible combinations, and that it locks out for a set amount of time every 5-6 attempts, it would take a long time for someone to figure out the combination. Somone could pick the wafer door lock faster than the keypad, unless they are very lucky.

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Considering the number of possible combinations, and that it locks out for a set amount of time every 5-6 attempts, it would take a long time for someone to figure out the combination. Somone could pick the wafer door lock faster than the keypad, unless they are very lucky.
Someone simply looking to steal something from the vehicle would usually just break a window and be gone before you know it anyway. Standing there entering code after code is more likely to draw suspicion if it's a quick smash and grab.

The keypad just lets you open the door, you still need the key to start it.

Seems there are better things to worry about as I'm not aware of any large scale attacks on SecuriCode, and Ford's been using it since 1980.