First Name
Kit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecosport 2019
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So I ordered my Maverick Nov. 17th 2021 (the last day I know) and my dealer got my order in at 9:00 PM EST. He was trying to get my order in pretty much all day and when he finally got it in (because the ford site was awful that day and he showed me) he tried to put in my COVP (yes he had a copy of my driver's license) but it wouldn't let him. So he tried again in the morning and it said it was closed. He called Ford and they pretty much told him after a 2 hour call damn that sucks. So now I am told I am not price protected.

I'm on an A Plan but the price of the Maverick has gone up $2.5k. Since my model year has changed to a 2023 he was able to get my COVP for that one but then I was told by my dealer that out of the 4 orders he put in that day (which none of them he was able to get the COVP in) one of them suddenly got it and was price protected for his original 2022 Maverick price. Now my dealer is trying to get ahold of someone at Ford to figure out how one of his orders suddenly got its COVP. He called and is writing a letter with evidence of everything to Ford.

What I want to know is, who is the true problem here. It sounds like my dealer is doing everything he possibly can to help me but all the blame is going to Ford. Any help or advice is greatly appreciated.
Sponsored

pndwind

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F450 Amb
Engine
Undecided
Ford is the problem. Dealerships are like their disfuncional children that need discipline.

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

So I ordered my Maverick Nov. 17th 2021 (the last day I know) and my dealer got my order in at 9:00 PM EST. He was trying to get my order in pretty much all day and when he finally got it in (because the ford site was awful that day and he showed me) he tried to put in my COVP (yes he had a copy of my driver's license) but it wouldn't let him. So he tried again in the morning and it said it was closed. He called Ford and they pretty much told him after a 2 hour call damn that sucks. So now I am told I am not price protected.

I'm on an A Plan but the price of the Maverick has gone up $2.5k. Since my model year has changed to a 2023 he was able to get my COVP for that one but then I was told by my dealer that out of the 4 orders he put in that day (which none of them he was able to get the COVP in) one of them suddenly got it and was price protected for his original 2022 Maverick price. Now my dealer is trying to get ahold of someone at Ford to figure out how one of his orders suddenly got its COVP. He called and is writing a letter with evidence of everything to Ford.

What I want to know is, who is the true problem here. It sounds like my dealer is doing everything he possibly can to help me but all the blame is going to Ford. Any help or advice is greatly appreciated.
Well shit, look around. Everyone is scamming us. Only thing we can do is keep it to a minimum, carve out our niche and grab the good stuff while we can.
The true problem started a long time ago and all this crap are symptoms. I'm just a drone and a happy wage slave. As a spectator I'll sit "And watch the river flow".

Ragtime Billy Peaches

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 f250 Crew Diesel 4x4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well shit, look around. Everyone is scamming us. Only thing we can do is keep it to a minimum, carve out our niche and grab the good stuff while we can.
The true problem started a long time ago and all this crap are symptoms. I'm just a drone and a happy wage slave. As a spectator I'll sit "And watch the river flow".
Yep,,, i still poke em in the eye any chance i get just for fun.

blackb13

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Yeah, the dealers don't care and Ford made it unnecessarily complicated to get the private offer so they don't have to give out any money. It's a win-win for both of them and a big middle finger to us.

Sponsored

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The dealer needs to working with their Inventory/Sales Representative at Ford.

I can’t say wether they can get it made right, but I do know that is the resource the dealer needs to work through.

Good Luck to you.

OP
OP

Crimson Inc

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecosport 2019
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The dealer needs to working with their Inventory/Sales Representative at Ford.

I can’t say wether they can get it made right, but I do know that is the resource the dealer needs to work through.

Good Luck to you.
Thanks my dealer seems like he is doing everything he can. However the dealership has just lost a massive amount of credibility to me and its made me question alot. There service department blatantly lied to my sister. When our sync system crashed on our 2012 Ford Focus saying that when she plugged in her iPhone it "had a virus on it and it uploaded to the sync system and it will be roughly $1000 to fix." After looking at it for about 5 minutes. Needless to say I'm a bit pissed they treated her like a women when she knows more about cars then them.

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Now that does sound a little fishy. Sorry your having dealer issues.

Good Luck to you.
Sponsored