First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick, '05 Lexus ES330
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm trying to decide whether to put this on my '23 order. I am primarily interested in the lane keeping functions. The times I could really use it are when it's dark and raining. My aging eyes are stating to struggle a bit with that. Does the lane assist function well in those conditions, or does it need clear visibility to perform effectively?
Sponsored

RonFLA

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Well, this has certainly been debated several times here, obviously now with it being a major constraint, it’s back on everyone’s radar.

In short, it depends on if you ordered a base model XL or a higher trim. The CP360 gives it power mirrors, a feature that most here feel justify the package. For the higher trims, it may be automatically required to move into various packages.

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm trying to decide whether to put this on my '23 order. I am primarily interested in the lane keeping functions. The times I could really use it are when it's dark and raining. My aging eyes are stating to struggle a bit with that. Does the lane assist function well in those conditions, or does it need clear visibility to perform effectively?
In answer to your titled question: YES!!

roko1949

First Name
Rocco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercades Benz E 350 MGB chevy Silverado 1500
Well, this has certainly been debated several times here, obviously now with it being a major constraint, it’s back on everyone’s radar.

In short, it depends on if you ordered a base model XL or a higher trim. The CP360 gives it power mirrors, a feature that most here feel justify the package. For the higher trims, it may be automatically required to move into various packages.

Sponsored

Scott Asheville

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 AWD XLT ECO LUX CP360 HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I generally try to be really nice on this site. I'm gonna make one exception and say what I think on this subject, and it will offend some people. I'm cool with that. Feel free to offend me back.

We're 65 and 66, and we'll never be without driver assist features again (our Volvo XC40 introduced us to them). People who disrespect ADAS systems are frankly ignorant and can go pound sand. ADAS systems aren't yet perfect, but they stop human beings from crashing into other human beings on a daily basis. Enough said. They also have rare false alarms and can be annoying to some. That's fair to acknowledge - they ain't perfect, but they're dang good.

For seniors they're a no brainer. For arrogant drivers of any age who think they're perfect 24 x 7 x 365 (I don't think they're as perfect as they claim), ADAS is the feature that will keep them from having to lie to the police officer about who is at fault. For those people, the rest of us need dash cams, which is a feature sorely lacking on the Maverick and many other cars.

Soon as somebody starts ranting about how perfectly they drive, I start laughing. I've been around. I've seen you on the road. You're just lying to yourself. I saw you nodding at the wheel. I saw you eating fast food while driving. I saw you putting on makeup. I saw you reading the newspaper while driving. I see you every day texting while driving. You need ADAS - for me, not for you.

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 99 E150 Clb Wgn, 23 Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Any safety option that helps you is worth waiting for. I'm ordering it. If I don't see my Mav for a year, it's OK.

Sponsored
OP
OP

UrbanDweller

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick, '05 Lexus ES330
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I appreciate all the responses, but the primary question remains. If it's dark and raining, how capable is the system at identifying the lanes?

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat, Expedition Limited, 22 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I would highly recommend you order it and hold out for it even if it delays your build. I haven't received mine yet but did get a VIN the other day and a build date. But to answer your question, my wife's vehicle has it and it works well in day, night, rain, etc. I also recommend ordering and holding out for the LUX Packages

Haha48

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It turns off and on while driving depending on the lines and speed works better at fast speeds turns off at low speeds it also gives you cross traffic alert which is a yellow light in the mirrors warns you when backing up if a car is coming and your using the backup camera and for me it gives me 10 percen off my insurance due to emergancy braking.

I wouldn't have ordered it but it came with the vechile on the lot so I like it and would order it. Same with the sun roof it's kind of nice to vent the top to cool the vechile alot faster
Sponsored