Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 99 E150 Clb Wgn, 23 Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

It also only works on 2 lane roads with a center line.
Pretty much any road with lines, but yes if your roads have no lines, it has nothing to go off of.
Sponsored

AUTUS_FL

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD MAVERICK XLT HYBRD;2021 HONDA REBEL 1100
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I appreciate all the responses, but the primary question remains. If it's dark and raining, how capable is the system at identifying the lanes?
Yes. I'd rather have it than not. Could make a big difference perhaps when your children or wife are driving the truck, could save them from a bad accident. 1000% recommended. Safety comes first always. Too many koo-koos driving on the road these days...!

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, AWD, 4K tow, 2.0L EcoBoost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Pretty much any road with lines, but yes if your roads have no lines, it has nothing to go off of.
Nope. It doesn't know where the left or right lane is without the center line. it won't activate without knowing that. Lane Keep Assist also will try to keep you from making a lane change without using your turn signal first.

Flomounier1

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I definitely don't trust the forward collission assist so I wont trust any CoPilot 360 option. It's spotty and sometimes works, sometimes doesn't. Lane keeping assist only keeps you in lanes that have the bumps on them that are designed to wake up a sleepy driver when they are drifting out of lanes. It might work slightly without them but will also be spotty and not worth trusting your life with. Blind spot monitoring is the only thing I would be interested in but I feel it's not needed in the Maverick because it already has good visibility and BSM indicators always over estimate distance between you and the cars next to you AND they sometimes miss motorcyclists. I've never had an accident on all the cars I've ever owned without those features so I just find them distracting and a waste of $. The only thing I really appreciate with modern car technology is backup cameras.

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I definitely don't trust the forward collission assist so I wont trust any CoPilot 360 option. It's spotty and sometimes works, sometimes doesn't. Lane keeping assist only keeps you in lanes that have the bumps on them that are designed to wake up a sleepy driver when they are drifting out of lanes. It might work slightly without them but will also be spotty and not worth trusting your life with. Blind spot monitoring is the only thing I would be interested in but I feel it's not needed in the Maverick because it already has good visibility and BSM indicators always over estimate distance between you and the cars next to you AND they sometimes miss motorcyclists. I've never had an accident on all the cars I've ever owned without those features so I just find them distracting and a waste of $. The only thing I really appreciate with modern car technology is backup cameras.
Forward collision assist is not hands free driving. It's designed to help when you are accidentally not paying attention, not allow you to drive attention free. For that reason, it's well worth having. I still prefer to be in full control. It would be nice to have the nanny intervene should it ever be required. Over 6 million miles of safe driving under my belt, not all at the speed limits. LOL.

Sponsored

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, AWD, 4K tow, 2.0L EcoBoost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Nope. It doesn't know where the left or right lane is without the center line. it won't activate without knowing that. Lane Keep Assist also will try to keep you from making a lane change without using your turn signal first.
Actually I need to slightly correct this it will as trigger when you are in a center lane on a three lane highway. It still needs to know if in a center, left or right lane using the standard lines on a road or hwy.

Flomounier1

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Forward collision assist is not hands free driving. It's designed to help when you are accidentally not paying attention, not allow you to drive attention free. For that reason, it's well worth having. I still prefer to be in full control. It would be nice to have the nanny intervene should it ever be required. Over 6 million miles of safe driving under my belt, not all at the speed limits. LOL.
Yeah, I just see no point in having any of that technology unless you can trust your life with it. Why have a BSM system if you still have to look over your shoulder? If you need a lane keeping system, you probably shouldn't be driving anyway.

Now blind spot cameras and a front camera would be a lot cooler than all of those features.

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Yeah, I just see no point in having any of that technology unless you can trust your life with it. Why have a BSM system if you still have to look over your shoulder? If you need a lane keeping system, you probably shouldn't be driving anyway.

Now blind spot cameras and a front camera would be a lot cooler than all of those features.
People get killed all the time trusting Tesla's Autopilot. I could never trust tech that much. Like I said the purpose is extra safety, not so you can sit in the back seat while it drives you.

But by all means, if you don't see any advantage to having it, or insurance savings, don't buy it.

olderbudwiser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lincoln Corsair, 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm trying to decide whether to put this on my '23 order. I am primarily interested in the lane keeping functions. The times I could really use it are when it's dark and raining. My aging eyes are stating to struggle a bit with that. Does the lane assist function well in those conditions, or does it need clear visibility to perform effectively?
Not sure anyone can define the wait difference. Is it 1 month, 2 weeks, 3 months who knows. CP 360

Sponsored

TyPope

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Tesla Model Y, 2018 Ford F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Gotta respect 6 million miles of driving accident free. That's 100,000 miles per year for 60 years. Not many of us will ever see that many miles. It'd take me 5 years just to hit 100,000 miles and thus 50 years to hit my first million (. I'm guessing you are a truck driver which gets another round of respect. They drive 80,000-125,000 a year.

I can't imagine driving 6 million miles. Man, that's 273 miles every day for 60 years without a day off. I suppose if a person was 68 years old and has been driving 50 of those years, it'd be 328 miles every day without a day off but, it would only be 5 1/2 hours of driving time per day at 60 miles an hour.

Either way, that's a lot of driving.

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Gotta respect 6 million miles of driving accident free. That's 100,000 miles per year for 60 years. Not many of us will ever see that many miles. It'd take me 5 years just to hit 100,000 miles and thus 50 years to hit my first million (. I'm guessing you are a truck driver which gets another round of respect. They drive 80,000-125,000 a year.

I can't imagine driving 6 million miles. Man, that's 273 miles every day for 60 years without a day off. I suppose if a person was 68 years old and has been driving 50 of those years, it'd be 328 miles every day without a day off but, it would only be 5 1/2 hours of driving time per day at 60 miles an hour.

Either way, that's a lot of driving.
When you drive up to 1400 miles a day, you'll see that 80K-125K miles is very easy to attain in months, not a whole year. Thankfully I don't drive that much anymore. Now I drive very little!

Landric

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Landric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT AWD FX4 Alto Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Not sure anyone can define the wait difference. Is it 1 month, 2 weeks, 3 months who knows. CP 360
No way to tell what the wait is for having CP360. I have three different orders at three different dealers. All of mine have CP360 on them, none have been scheduled. The only "constraint" I have other than CP360 on any of my orders is having orders from January 2022. Other people who ordered the same time I did have taken delivery, some with CP360, some without. So in my case the delay time for having CP360 (and whatever other factors have kept me from being scheduled) is six months and counting.

TyPope

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Tesla Model Y, 2018 Ford F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
When you drive up to 1400 miles a day, you'll see that 80K-125K miles is very easy to attain in months, not a whole year. Thankfully I don't drive that much anymore. Now I drive very little!
1,400 makes for a lot longer day than I can do! I had a Shreveport to Atlanta that I ran quite often (and of course Atlanta to Shreveport) that was 620 miles and we got that down to a 10 1/2 hour day. I don't think I could make the trip there and back in one day. 1,400 miles divided by 24 hrs is 58 mph for 24 hours... or 70 mph for 20 hours (not including stops)

You probably had your wife or driving partner drive while you slept. Duh. I was thinking "There's no way you could manage driving 24 hours a day for very long."

I end up averaging right around 55 mph on long trips. Not that I drive that slow, it's just that every 3 - 4 hours, I need to fuel up and take a potty break... I've done most of those longer trips with 3-4 girls and my wife and by the time I average out travel time with breaks, it was always right around the same 55 mph. It's so consistent that now when I plan trips, I plan them at 55 mph. However, when by myself, I end up beating my estimates by quite a lot. You'd think that as an analyst, I'd remember to back out the potty break times... I didn't say I was a good analyst or industrial engineer, for that matter. LOL
Sponsored