Luminin

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Fusion Platinum
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hey everyone, I’m looking to place an order for a ‘23 Maverick Lariat Aug. 2. It’ll be my daily driver, 64 miles round trip to work 5-6 days a week. I’m 6’ tall, 210 pounds. Why mention that? I haven’t test drove a maverick yet. In fact, I’ve barely even seen any in person. I’m looking for your thoughts, opinions, advise and whatever else you’d care to throw in!
I know this isn’t the introduction thread, but I’m more here for input on my build than to say hi.

Click here to see my build.

Also to note, I work at Ford’s Ohio Assembly Plant in Avon Ohio, so I do get A-Plan. Which is…not much.
Sponsored

crgator

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
FWIW, I'm 6'1", about 230. I have the XLT. There's plenty of room for me, and I can fit in the back driver's side seat. I don't think I'd want to spend all day there, but for a couple of hours, it would work. If you're wondering about room and comfort, as far as I'm concerned, you have no worries.

ITSATRUCK

First Name
TIM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MAVERICK
You will fit. . . I'm same hight around 190 lb. Fit great. Seat is a little uncomfortable. Ford needs to work on that but it has nothing to do with height.

athertonbt

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL EB FWD Carb Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
6 '4", 220, fit well. Found that once I set the front seat, I could actually sit behind myself in the back (barely, but still fit).

gte105u

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat, '17 Rogue SL, '14 Altima SV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm 6'0 and weight... Well more than you OP. Have driven a XLT and Lariat. I could sit fine in both. The Lariat seats are much better both material and general comfort. They were on par with the leather in my 2015 Edge Titanium. Had been sitting in the Houston summer sun for a period but not hot (not sure how long the vehicle had been off but the truck was warm while the seats not bad).

I had my 5'4, 14yo son sit behind me in the XLT. He could fit fine if I scooted my seat forward some. It wasn't bad for me, but I was closer to the wheel than I liked. 30 or so min around town not an issue. 6 hour drive probably not loving it.

Both were EB AWD. More pep than I figured, and didn't notice a bunch of turbo lag. I'm putting an order in around 8/2 as well. Good luck and welcome to forum.

Sponsored

snowcatxx87

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1290SDR EVO / Tiger 900RP / 300cc Grom / Surron
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’m 6’2, 195. I have sunroof, makes roof lower. Tons of room!

WannaMav

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hey everyone, I’m looking to place an order for a ‘23 Maverick Lariat Aug. 2. It’ll be my daily driver, 64 miles round trip to work 5-6 days a week. I’m 6’ tall, 210 pounds. Why mention that? I haven’t test drove a maverick yet. In fact, I’ve barely even seen any in person. I’m looking for your thoughts, opinions, advise and whatever else you’d care to throw in!
I know this isn’t the introduction thread, but I’m more here for input on my build than to say hi.

Click here to see my build.

Also to note, I work at Ford’s Ohio Assembly Plant in Avon Ohio, so I do get A-Plan. Which is…not much.
This guy is six foot seven and 240 and has no complaints about fitting inside and using it for daily commuting.

OP
OP
Luminin

Luminin

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Fusion Platinum
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Both were EB AWD. More pep than I figured, and didn't notice a bunch of turbo lag. I'm putting an order in around 8/2 as well. Good luck and welcome to forum.
I have a 2018 Fusion Platinum, last year Ford built that trim. I love it, it’s the same engine as the Maverick EB, so I know it well and am a big fan of it.

Thanks for all the feedback so far everybody, please keep it coming! Were/are the caps a delay on the’22s?
Sponsored