22MavXLT

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT, 23 Maverick XLT AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have a '22 HPR XLT AWD Maverick now that I love (all but the color). The order...er... optioned this one up quite nicely with FX4, Copilot, Full Size Spare and Tri Fold bed cover. I have since added the bed mat and floor liners and tinted the windows. I had fully intended to just drive this one and wait on my '23 order to get built and arrive. But, now I am thinking I may keep this one and just go ahead and do what I had planned for the '23. With interest rates rising and everything else it may not make financial sense to trade if/when my '23 gets here. I have ZERO complaints with my current Maverick except the color, but the HPR is starting to grow on me. I bought this lil truck to serve as daily transportation to keep the miles off my new Mustang. So, the only thing on my order that I don't have now is the XLT Lux Pkg, but, I don't really need it. I just wanted it. I plan to lower it and do some old school hot rod style freehand pin striping. I plan to keep the stock wheels and simply change to black lugs and wider tires. Whichever one I end up with, will get this treatment, so that part is set as I already have the lowering springs in the garage.

What say you guys? All opinions welcome, as I know I get to make the decision. Keep my '22 or wait for my '23. Keep in mind, my '23 hasn't even been scheduled yet, and I have 2 pkgs checked that require the hitch which I know is a constraint.
Sponsored

mr mojo risen

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2020 VW Passat, 2015 Nissan Sentra
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I love the HPR color personally, although I decided to order a 23 in Atlas Blue (the only color I like better).

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
HPR is so sharp in person - blue interior be damned.

Most likely you will be able to sell your 22 Maverick and largely off set the switch to 2023. Could basically reset the clock on your Mav and not really pay a penalty for it (unless you're financing at a higher rate).

14mustangNJ

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT FX4, 2014 Ford Mustang
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’d keep the 2022 for the sheer fact you have an entire 2022 Ford fleet already.

I’m one of those that would be like, “you almost had 4 of a kind here before the 2023 came along!” It just would be an odd duckling to me when you got a lineup to show.

The real opinion though, HPR is a rare color. I’ve yet to see one in person. I’ve seen 2-3 Shadow Blacks in person and based on what I read, you may be disappointed. It looks generic Ford to me and I like Shadow Black, just not on my Maverick. Absolutely killer on a Mustang, especially a PP1 GT Premium with the black accent package, but the Maverick just looks so much cooler with some color on it in my humble opinion.

Tiger Dude

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The red is fire, and really is a good look to customize around.
Sponsored