First Name
nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Its not wrong, and can go into my 1978 ford pinto which has original interior and guess what, scratches easily too, its a PINTO, built to a price, and is cheaper and lesser quality than the F150 of that time. It literally IS WHAT IT IS.

I absolutely love my Maverick, but in no way would I ever expect it to have "premium" materials at that price point. The Lariat even. The lariat is IMO just putting lipstick on the pig, so to speak, hence why I didnt waste the extra money on a luxury version of what is essentially the "Ford Pinto" of pickup trucks.

BTW I love my Ford Pinto too, even with its janky cheapness.

Everyone here is IMO incredibly nitpicky over what is essentially the cheapest and most affordable pickup truck on the market in the USA today. Especially given the features it DOES have. Who cares how pretty it looks, thats not even the point of the truck, its built to a price to be a cheap AFFORDABLE truck. It has literally everything it needs and no FAT. Especially the base XL model.
They keep saying the car is built ford tough, but yet the plastic gets dinged up this bad?

They put all this effort into making an interior that looks good, with accent colors, using materials in a way that while cheap still looks good, etc... only to have everything scratched to hell? Whats the point? Whats the point of getting a luxury package if its going to look like a construction vehicle on the inside in a few months?

Sorry that makes no logical sense. Passing it off as "oh who cares its a cheap car its meant to scratch easily!" is absurd and a terrible argument. Imagine coming out with 'hey guys just a heads up the plastic is going to scratch a ton, but thats what you get with a car at this price point!", yeah that would go over well.

Not only that, how much more would it cost to use a plastic that didnt scratch as easily? You dont think that most people would opt for that? Its not like they went from leather/fake leather to plastic to save money. They went from scratch resistant plastics to plastics that scratch extremely easily. You're basically saying that terrible plastics that scratch easy is a cost saving measure, as if the minimal amount of money it could have potentially saved somehow outweighs the con of having a scratched up interior for years.

Last edited:

Adospeed

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ado
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid in Shadow Black
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Definitely easy to scratch. But noticed im the only one that notices and not passengers so 🤷🏻‍♂️ Im picky but can live with it. Aslong as the black exterior is nice and shiny at all times 😂
I'll have to accept this as my motto as well. But yes, it does appears scuffs and scratches are easy.

nickmav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This subject came up in another thread a few days ago, and someone suggested this product, I already had it on hand, tried it, and it works! I noticed right away the interior was going to get scratched up, so I’m glad the first thing I tried seem to work. Did the rest of the interior, just spray onto a cloth or rag, then wipe on evenly.
What did you use?

Bj517

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Always owned Chevy’s and Honda’s. My father in law owned a 2018 Ford Escape. Interior plastic quality is good. I’m 62 and this is my first Ford on order. This issue scares me.
I agree, I'm a little concerned as well. For fun this morning, I scratched my fingernail over several of the plastic surfaces of my 10 year old Mazda and nothing at all showed up

Sponsored

jc888888888

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat eco boost, Mustang Mach E , Porsche Boxster
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have used and use this excellent product
Ford Maverick Interior scratching easily?!?! 1642081966305

brnpttmn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Complaining about people complaining, classic.

Yeah and 20k is not cheap. You can get vehicles starting at 15k with added rebates. And 15k is not cheap either. 15k is a full time job working for a year. A whole years of ones life is not what i consider cheap.
Yes, it is. It's literally the cheapest hybrid you can buy. Cheapest pickup you can buy. Cheapest ford you can buy. It's half the average price of a new car.

nickmav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I agree, I'm a little concerned as well. For fun this morning, I scratched my fingernail over several of the plastic surfaces of my 10 year old Mazda and nothing at all showed up
my 09' jeep patriot's plastic looks great even now lol. And trust me im not babying it...

Michaelkov

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BMW X1, 2018 Toyota Rav4, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hi Maverick Club. I recently bought a 2022 Maverick Lariat 4K. But not luxury package. I noticed the glove box, and interior blue plastic panels scratch easily. Are there any tips to remove and or prevent scratches. My visual OCD gets quite tickled at times. TIA

16419372716723516037021587513367.jpg

16419372989573509190766579185037.jpg

16419373388951898682066680235309.jpg
Ford Maverick Interior scratching easily?!?! Scratch Remover

Oddzball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick 2022 XL
Just cause its might be lowest price in some of that still doesn't mean its cheap. Average car price is 20k btw. You might think 20k is cheap but to us peasants its a major purchase.
Yes it does, thats literally the point of cheap, if something is the CHEAPEST of a category, its literally cheap. I dont go to walmart and buya $20 POS bike and then complain it doesnt have the quality of a $1000 mountain bike.

Sponsored

brnpttmn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just cause its might be lowest price in some of that still doesn't mean its cheap. Average car price is 20k btw. You might think 20k is cheap but to us peasants its a major purchase.
I mean we can argue semantics of whether inexpensive=cheap, but we can't argue that the Maverick is positioned near the bottom of the market no matter how you cut it. The "average car price" nowhere near $20K right now. Most are putting the average used car at $27-29K, and I was actually understating the average new car price (which is now $47K). By all metrics the Maverick is very inexpensive (i.e., cheap to purchase). I never said that $20K is a "major purpose." You falsely attributed that to me.

bgn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Lol @ people defending shitty build quality on a 2022 vehicle. If manufacturers were able to get plastics right 20-30 years ago, Ford has no excuses. None. Especially if it really is "Built Ford Tough" as the (shitty) plastic says on the dash near the door.

Let me ask you this. Would any of you be OK with an engine that lasts 51k because, oh, it's a cheap vehicle? Or a transmission?

bgillen35

First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Prius, '19 Indian FTR-S, '20 Mustang EcoBoost
Especially if it really is "Built Ford Tough" as the (shitty) plastic says on the dash near the door.
At least with the shitty plastic, it will be super easy to carve that T into an R....

Oddzball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick 2022 XL
Lol @ people defending shitty build quality on a 2022 vehicle. If manufacturers were able to get plastics right 20-30 years ago, Ford has no excuses. None. Especially if it really is "Built Ford Tough" as the (shitty) plastic says on the dash near the door.

Let me ask you this. Would any of you be OK with an engine that lasts 51k because, oh, it's a cheap vehicle? Or a transmission?
It is tough, its just not a trailer queen like some folks want to treat their trucks. Im positive its not going to BREAK, it might scratch, but does that in any way affect the functionality of the vehicle? The bed is SUPER tough, but Im sure if I drop 1500lbs of bricks in it like the commercial, its going to be scratched and dented to hell.