First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU; 2019 MX-5; 2023 & 2024 Mavericks
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes Brad, I know what the manual says. They could have some small impact on the time it takes to warm the engine when cold-started. The F150 and Focus communities state that it is low/no impact even in northern states, but I can understand how this is technically a benefit you will lose.

They negatively impact cooling when closed, of course. So if actually cooling, and not cold start warm-up time, is a concern then you have nothing to be worried about.

It's mainly done for aerodynamics as I stated previously. And it can be partially removed with no fault codes.
I am frankly not worried about it...except as a readily available excuse for Ford to deny a heat-related warranty claim. I do not want to give them that "out."
Sponsored

Donald

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am personally extremely disappointed with the two options, but I think I will wait to see if Demco can get a volunteer to design one. They are looking. But Blue Ox is doable with a lot of care, trim, or extra fascia. The Roadmaster is an absolute no for me because I want to have a usable 10 year warranty for my Maverick.
Per the TSB recall, the Hybrid canā€™t be sold without removing the second from the bottom louder in the bottom and top sections.
I checked mine and they are missing

Ford Maverick Installed FX4 bumper on my lariat for blue ox base pate 5100B404-8400-4630-B890-B687AA3CF0B2

PapaRed

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat Hybrid, 2002 Saturn L200
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well, all I gotta say is I thought mine looked OK until I saw yours. Yours looks much cleaner - a better job!

BradnChristine

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Per the TSB recall, the Hybrid canā€™t be sold without removing the second from the bottom louder in the bottom and top sections.
I checked mine and they are missing

5100B404-8400-4630-B890-B687AA3CF0B2.png
Not sure of your point...and I might be wrong that all my 2023 Shutters are there...
BUT, the point is that FAR MORE is required than simply pulling a vane out of the lower shutter assembly to install the Roadmaster baseplate.

Sponsored

Donald

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not sure of your point...and I might be wrong that all my 2023 Shutters are there...
BUT, the point is that FAR MORE is required than simply pulling a vane out of the lower shutter assembly to install the Roadmaster baseplate.
I was just saying that according to the TSB recall, dealers couldnā€™t sell any hybrids under the recall without performing the recall Which involves removing 2 rows of shutters. I agree the Roadmaster install could maybe have some impact on warranty which is one reason I went with Blue Ox. Have you checked for any recalls on your hybrid?

OP
OP
Penndavis

Penndavis

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Penn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well, all I gotta say is I thought mine looked OK until I saw yours. Yours looks much cleaner - a better job!
I appreciate that. I really debated it since i had a decent original install. But really happy with how it looks now.

Donald

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Have you checked your shutters. I didnā€™t check mine until I started reading about them. The picture I posted was from the NHTSA.gov site regarding the recall. Apparently involved engine fires.

BradnChristine

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was just saying that according to the TSB recall, dealers couldnā€™t sell any hybrids under the recall without performing the recall Which involves removing 2 rows of shutters. I agree the Roadmaster install could maybe have some impact on warranty which is one reason I went with Blue Ox. Have you checked for any recalls on your hybrid?
Just checked again...no recalls. It was just delivered 3/8/23.
Ford Maverick Installed FX4 bumper on my lariat for blue ox base pate 1683953247867

BradnChristine

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Have you checked your shutters. I didnā€™t check mine until I started reading about them. The picture I posted was from the NHTSA.gov site regarding the recall. Apparently involved engine fires.
I remember the issue from last year. Remove shutters, drill holes in the plastic to prevent leaky oil from getting hot and starting a fire. I haven't looked for holes underneath, but my truck arrived and was delivered the same day with no work needed prior to sale.

Sponsored

Donald

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just checked again...no recalls. It was just delivered 3/8/23.
1683953247867.png
I checked mine also and no recalls but find it odd Iā€™m missing the 2 shutter rows in the TSB. Mine was built 2/10/23

Jackkal22

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kalem
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It was definitely pricier than I was expecting. The original install was about $4800. It broke down as follows (rounded):
Blue Ox base plate - $550
Blue Ox Ascent Tow Bars - $1050
Wiring Kit - $200
Demco stay n play duo brake system w/ monitor - $1350
12V Battery charger - $50
labor for this install was $1250.
Plus tax

the day of the install they were in constant contact with me. They did not like the idea of cutting the fascia and I told them I knew what to expect. they tried talking me into the roadmaster but I didnā€™t want to mess with the shutter system. Before I even got the car back from them, I had found the part number for the FX4 fascia and placed my order with Ford Parts. When I picked up the maverick, I was impressed and told hIm he should send a picture of this to Blue Ox, cause they did a much better job than whatā€™s on their website right now. šŸ¤£. All in all they did a great job cutting out the fascia, so I waffled on the expense and hassle of changing the bumper. But I had the bumper a week later and decided to go ahead and scheduled the work.

My additional expenses were:
FX4 bumper fascia - $340
Extra Labor - $250 - which I couldā€™ve saved had I bought this originally.

If youre up the coast a bit and are gonna use these guys, their normal situation is, drop off the car in the morning, and come back the next day with your rig and theyā€˜ll walk you through the connections. Coming from the treasure coast area, they may make an exception for you.
Do you have the part number for the fx4 bumper fascia

Hardening2753

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

OP
OP
Penndavis

Penndavis

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Penn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Do you have the part number for the fx4 bumper fascia
I doubt the link Iā€™ll share at the bottom of this will work. But go to parts.ford.com
Itā€™ll make you pick a local dealer, thatā€™s fine. However, the key is - do not add your vehicle by vin though, because it will say this part is not for your vehicle. Just select the year, make and Maverick so you Generically look for maverick parts. Once your at this point copy and paste NZ6Z17626BA into the search bar. It should come right up. Let me know what price it gives you. Take note though in the thread here what we did to connect the bottom of the fascia to the bottom cover panel. Good luck

https://parts.ford.com/shop/en/us/body/bumpers/panel-14200257-1?pdp=y

Palms

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mercedes GLC; 23 Maverick Hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you are in Florida and willing to travel to Lakeland, there is a Ford dealer there that had the absolute lowest cost for that part. They will not ship as it is quite large and bulky and you have to pick it up. For me, it was the cheapest option of what anyone had been able to buy one for up to then. Itā€™s in one of my posts. Please note that the FX4 facia will require some modification to meet the under engine shroud. I am super happy with the job that they did at the Hitch Shop in Fort Lauderdale after I purchased the part.

Ford Maverick Installed FX4 bumper on my lariat for blue ox base pate IMG_7564
Sponsored