First Name
Penn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So I pulled the trigger and made the change. It was for the most part straight forward swap except for one issue with the bottom brush guard cover panel.

My original bumper extended back (on the bottom side) a little farther so the cover panel can screw into it. we just cut out a piece of the old bumper to use as a connection piece. Overall I like it better. I’ll show the cutouts of the original number and the new one, let me know what you think!

Ford Maverick Installed FX4 bumper on my lariat for blue ox base pate 9AB04D83-58DF-4AD2-B06D-53E3BBA1F2A0

Ford Maverick Installed FX4 bumper on my lariat for blue ox base pate F6DE3CAF-E5C8-443B-997B-6718781445CA

Ford Maverick Installed FX4 bumper on my lariat for blue ox base pate F6E18B84-F8A7-450F-AE60-96811A51CB09
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Penndavis

Penndavis

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Penn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The work was done by Keith and Luie at American RV and Marine in Fort Lauderdale. They were great to work with.

Johnkn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, Viper, 66 Shelby, 68.5 CJ Mustang, Pantera
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Great job, looks good!

BradnChristine

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU; 2019 MX-5; 2023 & 2024 Mavericks
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That is sweet! I was waiting for someone to bite the bullet and try the FX4 lower fascia before proceeding.

Can you expand a little on what your issue was in the underside connection? I take it the new fascia needs no cutting for the Blue Ox to completely fit?

That first Blue Ox cut job in the regular fascia is one of the best I've seen.

Hot Runr Guy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Edge SEL, 2024 Lariat AWD BAP 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Any chance you have a picture without the bumper cover installed? I'm curious what they attached the brackets to, since without a FX4 package, the rear-most mounts are not there.

HRG

Sponsored

BradnChristine

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
OP
OP
Penndavis

Penndavis

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Penn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That is sweet! I was waiting for someone to bite the bullet and try the FX4 lower fascia before proceeding.

Can you expand a little on what your issue was in the underside connection? I take it the new fascia needs no cutting for the Blue Ox to completely fit?

The stock bumper fascia's plastic had a couple of pieces that extended a little bit farther back on the very bottom and they overlapped with the underside cover allowing for that cover to screw into the fascia in those spots. FX4 bumper fascia differs on this and doesnt line up with the bottom cover piece (that you see in pic) the same way. It touches that fabric cover, but just not enough overlap to get the screws through. So we cut away a little section of the original fascia (I wish I had a picture of it) and placed that inside/ontop of the bottom pieces seen in the pic. We used this cutout to slide inside the fx4 bumper fascia's edge. This allowed us with only one modificaton on left and right to still screw the bumper to frame, and now the “original“ bumpers connectors extended as normal and we screwed in the cover panel. meaning - all the screws you see here are going into the piece we cut from the original fascia - which is on the other side of what's shown here.

Ford Maverick Installed FX4 bumper on my lariat for blue ox base pate 3EFD0710-FA51-4BC8-AA3F-818B58D98565

Ford Maverick Installed FX4 bumper on my lariat for blue ox base pate D11D101C-6DEE-4114-9670-5C708D5C0508

Last edited:
OP
OP
Penndavis

Penndavis

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Penn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

The recessed opening needed a little bit of trimming since these tow connectors are different from just a tow hook. But the trimmed part is recessed and you can’t really even see it. The benefit is the FX4 bumper gives me that clean looking opening. So minor cuts in the back of the opening and some little modifications on the bottom. All set. Also, I agree, the cut job on the original fascia was really well done and I almost canceled doing this all together because I was ultimately happy with it. That cut job was done by Keith at American RV in Ft. Lauderdale too.

Ford Maverick Installed FX4 bumper on my lariat for blue ox base pate 6928EF5B-43D8-462C-82A4-3A1F7E88D1FA

OP
OP
Penndavis

Penndavis

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Penn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
OP
OP
Penndavis

Penndavis

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Penn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You can see from this pic, the u patterned indentions on the cover panel (the fabric looking on right, not the plastic on left). The stock bumper has plastic that extended to those areas. The FX4 as you see here, does not. the cover panel is barely tucks under the bottom of the fascia, and could easily pop out, trap wind, etc. So we cut away this same section from the original bumper and overlayed it on the inside (on top of fascia and cover plate) and screwed it all down to the frame on left side of pic and now on the inside, on top of the cover piece we have the plastic we need to secure the panel in place

Sponsored

gwrace14651

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

So @BradnChristine Are you going to bite the bullet and purchase the FX4 front fascia? @Penndavis thanks for sharing and the detailed photos.

BradnChristine

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So @BradnChristine Are you going to bite the bullet and purchase the FX4 front fascia? @Penndavis thanks for sharing and the detailed photos.
Since the Maverick delivery delay caused me to go ahead and put baseplates on my C-Max, I don't have to be in a hurry. I bought a real spare tire to carry in the back of the C-Max, so it is a good towed until I get around to doing the maverick.

A little bird told me that there may be a third baseplate option from Demco in the works. Hopefully they will improve on Roadmaster's bad design, and Blue Ox' ugly but better design.

Waiting for the Maverick has taught me patience. The C-Max is actually going up in value weekly as I continue to get offers from Carvana. They offered $18098 on 2/5/23 and the last offer was $19250 on 3/13/23.

Rockwood8283

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram 2500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Since the Maverick delivery delay caused me to go ahead and put baseplates on my C-Max, I don't have to be in a hurry. I bought a real spare tire to carry in the back of the C-Max, so it is a good towed until I get around to doing the maverick.

A little bird told me that there may be a third baseplate option from Demco in the works. Hopefully they will improve on Roadmaster's bad design, and Blue Ox' ugly but better design.

Waiting for the Maverick has taught me patience. The C-Max is actually going up in value weekly as I continue to get offers from Carvana. They offered $18098 on 2/5/23 and the last offer was $19250 on 3/13/23.
Hello! While I am waiting to see if I will ever get a maverick! I am looking at the roadmaster tow assembly. Could you please educate me on what you have learned or know about it regarding you referring to it having about design and also the benefits of going with blue ox! Thank you very much for your time.

BradnChristine

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hello! While I am waiting to see if I will ever get a maverick! I am looking at the roadmaster tow assembly. Could you please educate me on what you have learned or know about it regarding you referring to it having about design and also the benefits of going with blue ox! Thank you very much for your time.
Read the Roadmaster Baseplate installation instructions below. You must destroy the lower section of the Active-Shutter system. The active shutter system itself can cause codes to pop and its obvious removal would make for an easy excuse for Ford to deny cooling warranty issues. It looks pretty, I have always used Roadmaster(7-8 times), but they screwed this design up as far as I am concerned.

Ford Maverick Installed FX4 bumper on my lariat for blue ox base pate 1679431959081

Rockwood8283

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram 2500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Read the Roadmaster Baseplate installation instructions below. You must destroy the lower section of the Active-Shutter system. The active shutter system itself can cause codes to pop and its obvious removal would make for an easy excuse for Ford to deny cooling warranty issues. It looks pretty, I have always used Roadmaster(7-8 times), but they screwed this design up as far as I am concerned.

1679431959081.png
Thank you, sir knowledge is power!!
Sponsored