First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mav HYB XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The KLIM Nomad just cost me about $53 online after I saw really great reviews for it. It is a rechargeable lithium battery powered small portable that has Bluetooth and immediately paired and played through my 2023 XLT factory stereo. It also does wired or Bluetooth headphones or speakers. WAY less than the $225-$239 for others mentioned here for working with our systems.Reviews say the manufacturer has excellent support in case of issues as well. Available through various Amazon vendors among other places.
hello again-bought the KLIM but can't seem to get it to play/sync-any instructions would help
Sponsored

jorl

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mav HYB XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
hello again-bought the KLIM but can't seem to get it to play/sync-any instructions would help
I got it to come up as CD PLAYER on Mav screen and on KLIM I got FORD MAV(with blinking Bluetooth icon) but they won't pair up

Redline

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT shadow black
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I feel fortunate. All my music library is off my Youtube subscription that I have had for over 10 years now. As I have included my favorite artists over the years, Youtube includes more and more of each of the artists albums. I no longer need my CD's. I literally call up Youtube, tell it to play such and such album, and bam! Its there. From Gospel to Country to Soul to Jazz and Classical. Even has the entire George Winston classical Piano collection.
I just got a YouTube music subscription for a year ($109.99) and I'm blown away by the music selection. It's got pretty much everything you can imagine. I bought a CD player that connected thru the FM stations and it really didn't sound very good. I'm done messing around with all that stuff. For $9/month, I'm rocking any tunes I want. šŸ˜¬

OP
OP

Refrigman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick,1997 Mazda B4000, 1995 Lexus LS400,
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I just turned on the KLIM and followed the manual instructions for Bluetooth pairing while having the in dash unit set to Bluetooth also. Then I confirmed that the unit I wanted to pair with was the KLIM. They paired immediately after which I selected Bluetooth as the source from which I wanted the stereo to play. I am writing this from memory a week later but am pretty sure that was what I did.

OP
OP

Refrigman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I got it to come up as CD PLAYER on Mav screen and on KLIM I got FORD MAV(with blinking Bluetooth icon) but they won't pair up
mare you sure they havenā€™t paired up but you did not then set the Mav to play from the Bluetooth as a source. If you donā€™t choose that as your audio source it will not play what the KLIM is sending.

Sponsored

jorl

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mav HYB XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
mare you sure they havenā€™t paired up but you did not then set the Mav to play from the Bluetooth as a source. If you donā€™t choose that as your audio source it will not play what the KLIM is sending.
yeah,I think I did all that-will try again and then have my friend take a look at it-thanks for the help.Don't know if it makes any difference...I have a 22 XLT HYB

OP
OP

Refrigman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
yeah,I think I did all that-will try again and then have my friend take a look at it-thanks for the help.Don't know if it makes any difference...I have a 22 XLT HYB
went out and tried mine again just now and I had a fail to connect. Weird because first time and thereafter it was perfect. I will delete it and retry. I hope I did not end up recommending a problem ( as well as ending up with one myself.) I did try it with headphones and it sounded great (not earbuds which were mediocre) so I will still have that option (or separate speakers) even if the Bluetooth connection was a success of the past.

AzureBlueBill

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Lariat / 1969 Dodge Dart GTS
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I tried three different wired (USB), and bluetooth, cheap CD players in my '24. None of them really work. Or they just work when they feel like it. Don't waste your time.

olderbudweiser: The USB memory sticks don't work all that great either. They like to scramble the order of the tracks, and other annoying crap. But they are better than nothing. At least they always connect to the audio system.

Sponsored

Chicolini

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150s, Mustang GT Convertible, Mazda B3000
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I really miss my CDs on long trips. I bought two Amazon players, and neither would pair up with the Maverick Bluetooth system. One has the capability to play thru the FM radio band but doesn't sound so good. Better than nuffin'.

I have better luck with thumb drives.

jorl

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mav HYB XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
went out and tried mine again just now and I had a fail to connect. Weird because first time and thereafter it was perfect. I will delete it and retry. I hope I did not end up recommending a problem ( as well as ending up with one myself.) I did try it with headphones and it sounded great (not earbuds which were mediocre) so I will still have that option (or separate speakers) even if the Bluetooth connection was a success of the past.
yeah,tried mine again with NO luck
CD player comes up on MAV screen and I get the FORD MAVERICK choice on the KLIM but won't pair-gonna return and think about it-sure don't want to spend big money on another

REMUB40

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda CRV 2013 Chevy Cruze
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I tried three different wired (USB), and bluetooth, cheap CD players in my '24. None of them really work. Or they just work when they feel like it. Don't waste your time.

olderbudweiser: The USB memory sticks don't work all that great either. They like to scramble the order of the tracks, and other annoying crap. But they are better than nothing. At least they always connect to the audio system.
Try the one in my earlier post. I have no issues with it. Plug into USB or FM signal .

BlueSnake77

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Ecoboost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Make sure on the music screen that you don't have the shuffle button pressed or it won't play the tracks in order.

Ford Maverick Inexpensive CD player that bluetooths to Maverick musictouch