Sponsored

In EV Coach, what does the blue box mean when in hybrid mode?

ClemsonU88

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick; 2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Grasshopper read the manual, there is an EV coach to help you keep the Maverick in Elec mode more often. I found it a waste of time, as I watched the EV coach more than driving. I've owned my Hybrid now for over a year and I have a very good feel for my truck.
First of all Rod said " I think its mostly meaningless..Kind of a ohhh and ahhhh thing. The manual doesnt explain it. Others have tried to explain it but you can tell theyre just blowing hot air,,, " Based on his comment going to the manual didn't seem like it would be helpful.

Secondly, I've read the manual, but I didn't memorize it.

Yeah, I'm being a little defensive, but condosending comments do that to me.
Sponsored

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I think he's referring to the blue outline which is overlaid on the white "hybrid" mode bar. I've seen it pop up sometimes, but I don't know what it means specifically either. I assume it's the level of battery power being used in addition to the motor, or the level you would have to drop power to to switch to electric at that moment, but it only appears rarely and not for long. Here is my MS paint version:

1682434993689.png
This.

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

First of all Rod said " I think its mostly meaningless..Kind of a ohhh and ahhhh thing. The manual doesnt explain it. Others have tried to explain it but you can tell theyre just blowing hot air,,, " Based on his comment going to the manual didn't seem like it would be helpful.

Secondly, I've read the manual, but I didn't memorize it.

Yeah, I'm being a little defensive, but condosending comments do that to me.
Grasshopper, don't move the goal post.. You asked about the EV and where it was, it is mentioned in the manual.

JimParker256

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Area 51 Hybrid FE, 2014 Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Grasshopper, don't move the goal post.. You asked about the EV and where it was, it is mentioned in the manual.
You know, your comment would probably be better received without the "Grasshopper" lead-in... And while I'm pretty sure you meant for that to be humorous, It does makes it sound a bit like you're one the "master" and the guy asking the question is your bondservant pupil who needs to earn your respect.... I am pretty sure that's what triggered the "condescending" part of his statement.

Second point" It's actually called the "EV Coach" screen. And while there is a fairly decent explanation of it in the manual, it does not offer an any clarification of what that particular combination of indicators means.

To the person asking the question about the blue box buried inside the white bar... GPSman pointed you toward a lengthy discussion from the past, with data-driven answers to address what that combination likely means. True, it still not a "Ford-published" answer, but it IS documented with data readings taken from the internal sensors in the Maverick's system (as displayed by the ScanGauge III instrument GPSman uses).
Sponsored