John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Stopped in and chatted with my dealer this morning. Made the adjustments I wanted (dropped adaptive cruise, bed rail tie-down, remote start, and spray in bed liner, added black appearance package), then changed it out of priority 99 to a retail order.

Took all of about 15 minutes and I have a new printout of my order.

Now the wait begins again.
Why would you add BAP!?
That is one of the most highly constrained options? Only 3% of trucks will get BAP.
Sponsored

OP
OP
cavemold

cavemold

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 Eco 2.0
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Can anybody tell me what my dealer needs to do for COVP on my ā€˜22 to ā€˜23 converted order?

As far as I know, my dealer had completed COVP for my ā€˜22 order. Iā€™m assuming that my order wouldnā€™t have been converted to ā€˜23 if they hadnā€™t completed the COVP for me. Does anybody know if my assumption is correct?
Your dealer should know . Ask about it but they need fill out your info with you etc just call them let them know

AutobahnSHO

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata, Hybrid Mav, Odyssey
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Why would you add BAP!?
That is one of the most highly constrained options? Only 3% of trucks will get BAP.

That's not what I saw- it was one of the least ordered options but capacity was much higher than the % ordered.

OP
OP
cavemold

cavemold

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That's not what I saw- it was one of the least ordered options but capacity was much higher than the % ordered.
Yea I donā€™t think itā€™s going be much of issue for 23s I hope they have some extra to buy just the parts off . Like the headlights etc

Sponsored

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Well talk is cheap. But talk of the town was BAP was popular, and Ford could add that to 3% of units. That would be 3000-5000 trucks. Good luck!

šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļøšŸ¤žšŸ»

fordvideoguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.long-mcarthur.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Ford Bronco
Engine
Undecided
Bed rail is not an issue or constraint, in fact the opposite. The brand manager said it is not a late availability and is very available. There will be a dealer memo about other items that are also within capacity. If you watched my livestream about the commodity list you then I don't think any will be a surprise to us. I don't have the list just speculating.

shurmanter

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Should I received a new email from Ford after my dealer put my canceled order into priority 10? I've got a form showing my updated '23 build and confirmation I'm at 10 from ford chat, but never got an email. Do they need to add my email on so I get them or am i misreading something?

OP
OP
cavemold

cavemold

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Should I received a new email from Ford after my dealer put my canceled order into priority 10? I've got a form showing my updated '23 build and confirmation I'm at 10 from ford chat, but never got an email. Do they need to add my email on so I get them or am i misreading something?
Maybe ask your dealer but they need do this if you want get email updates on your order going forward

Sponsored

Donaldw

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester, insurance pmt. from stolen tacoma.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I would like to ask a question I should know the answer to: What is COVP?
thanks,
Donald

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I'm giving my dealer another day and then will harass him tomorrow morning if I don't hear from him. I texted him on Friday with no response, but I think my order was one of the Lariat compatibility issue ones so no more excuses.

Reactions: Wil

Dechion

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Kia Forte
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Why would you add BAP!?
From what I understand the BAP is a 10% pick rate and only about 8% of orders had it selected. While that would make it a bit of a constraint the requests aren't above capacity so it should get built. (Pretty sure I got the numbers from an @fordvideoguy podcast).

Also, my order is one of the hybrids that had a vin but got canceled, so very shortly my order will be a priority 2.

I may have to wait a little longer before getting scheduled, but I'll get the truck I want instead of wishing I'd ordered something different.
Sponsored