First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Santa Cruz, Cayman, Mroadster
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yeah, the “moon” v “sun” roof is sort of a misunderstood term. AFAIK the term sunroof referred to the sliding metal panel (the last one I had was a new 1984 Toyota Corolla GTS). The moonroof terminology was used for the glass panel. (but I could have dreamed the differentiation…).

As I have gotten older, I’ve found I never use any opening roof. I even keep the hardtop on my M roadster. If you have a dark interior the glass (moonroof?) panel brightens things; but in a Maverick that point is moot.

One thing that might get use by me is a power rear window (like that on Lariat). In times when ac not needed it would allow better airflow without the buffeting (and noise) of an open window. I did use one on a regular cab pickup years ago but I’ve had crew cabs for the last 20 years and the sliders have all been manual and out of reach from the drivers seat. As to the use of a roof opening for the same reason-still too much noise for me.
Sponsored

Jakb

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The only ding I know against a moonroof is that it cuts down on the ceiling height a bit. I'm tall and I need every inch I can get.

I'm still waiting on my build date, but if I didn't have one I would be calling around for those pre-order lists. Be sure to get "no funny business" in writing and hopefully a good document. Lot of dealer schenanegans from seemingly trustworthy dealers this last round.

skyhawk

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Airplanes motorcycles cars SUVs
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hold on Im not committing I am sitting down with the dealer and going over what I want he will HOLD that for me and when the 2023 open up we will re-meet finalize the order (any add ons new stuff etc and go over all of that(AWD in a 2023 hybrid im in) ) place the order and wait for the build
So a time waster visit (sort of like me stumbling in to this thread).

Got it.👌

OP
OP

numike

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
car
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So a time waster visit HOW? the dealership is literally DOWN THE STREET FROM ME I get to know the dealership If there is something a miss anything that dont feel/look right I walk
When they had a Maverick they literally brought it to my house to make sure it could fit in my parking space and then left me with the vehicle for hours.
I dont know if it mattered that I have a fico around 840 or that I am paying cash
but I have the time to waste

Last edited:

Portcqb

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Lux 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Don't really see the point of going in when there is no order guide. Ford could say hybrid can only be an XL or not even offer the color or options you want. Remember they will likely change options alot since many have been holding up orders. Also the first few months of production of 23s will be formally 22s that had to roll over so don't expect a build date until in 2023.

Sponsored

NJ Pinelands

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Some of these dealerships are dealing with less than a dozen new cars on the lot. These sales guys need something to do to fill their time. OP's dealer seems to be planning 2.5 months into the future. Nothing wrong with that unless there's something more urgent to handle.
A couple weeks ago, I spoke with my Maverick salesman. This is a medium size dealership that has been around for at least 70 years. He told me they didn’t have one single new vehicle of any model.

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL/4K/AWD/CoPilot/CactusG/SlidingRearWindow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I disagree. Folks who do this now are most likely doing themselves a significant favor.

People who "pre-order" now most likely just figure they might as well get "on the list" now instead of sitting around until August when the dealership is going to have their phones, emails, and "walk ins" slammed with dozens and dozens of people asking to place an order right there and then on the spot. At least this way the customer has a reasonable chance of their order being submitted in the first day or two.

I don't think anyone is under the impression that "ordering" in June is an actual order, but it gets your name in their records. What's the worst that can happen? Mid-August comes and the dealership says they forgot who you were when you call to finalize your choices in advance of the big day? Even in that case, you are no worse off than anyone else. Might as well at least try to get on the dealers radar early.

Looking at how some January 2022 folks have their trucks and June 2021 folks don't is a shame to see....for sure. But it isn't a reason to abandon the goal of having as early an order date as possible come August. And doing a "pre-order" in June is a pretty good way to do your best to be one of those "first couple days" orders.

Last edited:

Grozk72

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Santa Cruz, Cayman, Mroadster
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Getting or "the list" for ordering is done all the time for limited availability cars. Porsche dealers usually always have a list for the uber-unobtainium cars like GT4, etc. I guess the list in this case gets one in the front of the ordering line for 2023 Maverick. Unfortunately we have seen that FIFO is not exactly applicable in the Ford manufacturing process...

Ponchsox

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You are not placing an actual order. Some dealers are making “pre-order” waiting lists. It’s simply a commitment that you will order from them. I had one dealer tell me “we already have several hundred people of a wait list.” Lol, whatever.

Button

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB Maverick
Never having 'built' a vehicle I have read hundreds of threads on this forum taken notes added items to a dedicated folder developed a google doc for my findings and visited a myriad of other Maverick sites/forums
But thats it Im going in tomorrow to build my Maverick with the dealer and when Ford says ok send us your Hybrid Lariat orders mine will be in the pack!
Side note
Dealer salesman told me (and hes older long time family Ford dealer) that one of the local BIG boy Ford dealers wrote up a few 'fake' Maverick 'deals' so as the dealer could sell them. And they got caught
Question
I am considering dropping the moon/sun roof. I want my Maverick to be more : haw shall I say more truck looking and I dont have one now (moon roof) and probably wont use it much on the Maverick
What do you all think?
I have the sun roof and like it very much, makes the truck inside a lot lighter and roomier.

TooManyVehicles

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 F150 XLT, 21 BS Badlands, 22 Mav Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
While it hasn't yet gotten super hot in the north east, so far the combination of a power rear sliding window (Lariat Lux) plus sunroof has been quite nice. Put the sunroof in the "tilt" position and open the rear slider -> nice airflow w/o having to have windows opened w/a lot of noise.

I've only used the air conditioning once or twice so far.
Sponsored