First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
83 280zx, 03 nissan maxima, 05 350Z
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
https://shop.ford.com/configure/maverick/config/accessories/Config[|Ford|Maverick|2022|1|1.|...M7...16B.60B.RET.86B.NZ6Z-17045N86-AA.FWD.993.XLT.]?gnav=hea

Have an appointment tomorrow to place my order and make the deposit.
Dealer has a $2000 non refundable deposit. Going with the xlt hybrid and not getting too many accessories, because I see I can order those cheaper at another dealer in town. Placing oder in a different city to save a little over 2% sales tax.

This will be my first truck and it's pretty much what I've been waiting for someone to build, a smaller hybrid truck with light towing capabilites.

Anything I'm missing and should add. Was planning to get the bed liner from another dealer. I'm also a camper, to will probably add something like the yakima tent later.

I felt like the price was great for a hybrid and feel like ford will be jacking up the prices next year with the shortages going on, so that put me over the edge in making the decision even my 03 maxima still runs like a champ.
Sponsored

JsnMrd

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yikez! That's steep for a non refundable.

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That's a pretty stiff deposit.
Not sure if you're aware, but some dealers have stopped taking orders for hybrids, Ford is about to close hybrid orders for the 2022 models.
Also, the XLT luxury package will now have a drop in bed liner instead of spray-in.

Harryg

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, Honda Odyssey
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You can go to Ford directly and place you order with 100.00 and pick the dealer you want it shipped to. I would be very leary of a dealer that would ask for a 2k non refundable deposit. Either way, prepare for a long wait. I ordered an XLT 2.0 and w/tow package OnAug 6th. Other than the acknowledgment from Ford that day, I have yet to get a vin or buld date. I hope it is worth the wait. H. Noel

OP
OP

brkr12002

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You can go to Ford directly and place you order with 100.00 and pick the dealer you want it shipped to. I would be very leary of a dealer that would ask for a 2k non refundable deposit. Either way, prepare for a long wait. I ordered an XLT 2.0 and w/tow package OnAug 6th. Other than the acknowledgment from Ford that day, I have yet to get a vin or buld date. I hope it is worth the wait. H. Noel
I'll have to check the ford site again. When I was messing with the site, it ended up just directing me to choose a dealer and they contacted me

Sponsored

bradFORD

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
https://shop.ford.com/configure/maverick/config/accessories/Config[|Ford|Maverick|2022|1|1.|...M7...16B.60B.RET.86B.NZ6Z-17045N86-AA.FWD.993.XLT.]?gnav=hea

Dealer has a $2000 non refundable deposit. Going with the xlt hybrid and not getting too many accessories, because I see I can order those cheaper at another dealer in town. Placing oder in a different city to save a little over 2% sales tax.

This will be my first truck and it's pretty much what I've been waiting for someone to build, a smaller hybrid truck with light towing capabilites.

Anything I'm missing and should add. Was planning to get the bed liner from another dealer. I'm also a camper, to will probably add something like the yakima tent later.

I felt like the price was great for a hybrid and feel like ford will be jacking up the prices next year with the shortages going on, so that put me over the edge in making the decision even my 03 maxima still runs like a champ.
Your link shows in the financing that you are planning to lease it? I don't like that $645 acquisition fee that goes with leasing. I thought all hybrid orders were getting the FITS accessory kit for free, I would purchase the floor liners from other ford sites cheaper and I would have the bed sprayed-in after you get it.

OP
OP

brkr12002

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Your link shows in the financing that you are planning to lease it? I don't like that $645 acquisition fee that goes with leasing. I thought all hybrid orders were getting the FITS accessory kit for free, I would purchase the floor liners from other ford sites cheaper and I would have the bed sprayed-in after you get it.
Thanks, didn't even notice it defaulted to lease. Contacting the dealer right now

Packer Bill

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You still have to place your order with a dealer...you cannot order online.

Meintc

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Saw the Ford video guy video that 11/15 at 10am, was the cutoff to order hybrids. Make sure you get your order in before the cutoff.
Sponsored