Sponsored

Putting in order tomorrow (10/30) any suggestions/recommendations?

Thoron99

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hi all,

Been looking at the Maverick for a while, I was waiting for the driving reviews to come out this month then I was hoping to see/test drive first but no luck, so I decided to go ahead and see the dealer tomorrow before hybrid orders are closed out.

Going to a city dealer 45 minutes away because the small one near me has a sketchy rep. The sales lady at the one I am going to called me today and said they finally got two Mavericks in this morning, but she expects them to sell this afternoon! Hopefully one will still be there for my morning appointment tomorrow.

From lurking the forums I've decided to removed the bed liner from my order to hopefully cut time on the build, but am still on the fence between XL and XLT (90% XL but cruise would be nice to have on the highway, otherwise happy with what the XL has). I figure to get a liner later and the bed cubbies and such should be available after market before long.

IRT ordering I am going to use my work's Xplan, I've never used that before would it give the same price protection as a Buyer Order, or should I still get one of those?

Also my first time buying brand new, but I assume the dealer fun and games are similar to buying used (No, I don't need stain protection/detailing/etc)
Sponsored

Bushpilot

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Volt
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
First recommendation - get it done!

On the fence, go with the XL and add cruise control later, if that is all you are missing. I would also add the hitch receiver, it is only $100.

Get as much paper with numbers on it as you can! I cannot speak to the X plan, but if you can get them to commit to an out the door price, with a signature, on any form of paperwork, I would be OK with that.

OP
OP
Thoron99

Thoron99

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks, I forgot to mention what options I was planning. I'm definitely getting the hitch and the 360 (mainly for the power mirrors) and maybe the power outlets, could be handy camping but have to see if it changes build time.

johnpbrewer

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Ford Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hi all,

Been looking at the Maverick for a while, I was waiting for the driving reviews to come out this month then I was hoping to see/test drive first but no luck, so I decided to go ahead and see the dealer tomorrow before hybrid orders are closed out.

Going to a city dealer 45 minutes away because the small one near me has a sketchy rep. The sales lady at the one I am going to called me today and said they finally got two Mavericks in this morning, but she expects them to sell this afternoon! Hopefully one will still be there for my morning appointment tomorrow.

From lurking the forums I've decided to removed the bed liner from my order to hopefully cut time on the build, but am still on the fence between XL and XLT (90% XL but cruise would be nice to have on the highway, otherwise happy with what the XL has). I figure to get a liner later and the bed cubbies and such should be available after market before long.

IRT ordering I am going to use my work's Xplan, I've never used that before would it give the same price protection as a Buyer Order, or should I still get one of those?

Also my first time buying brand new, but I assume the dealer fun and games are similar to buying used (No, I don't need stain protection/detailing/etc)
XLT hybrid, tow, rear seat electrical, spray in liner, full size spare, manual rear window...wait, that's what I ordered. I plan on taking some road trips and doing a little camping, but nothing where I will need AWD or the bigger tow package. For passenger and camping comfort I added those. Will get a T-slot tonneau cover and rack later.

OP
OP
Thoron99

Thoron99

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well went to the dealer they actually had a 2.0 XL to test drive. Said that they don't charge any markup for factory orders and include lifetime power train warranty, etc. But when I asked about using my employer Xplan the sales guy said "we take care of that when the truck comes in and we do the financing" which didn't seem right to me?

Sponsored

James St. Patrick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD MAVERICK Velocity Blue Ecoboost AWD
Pray?

Pmish

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well went to the dealer they actually had a 2.0 XL to test drive. Said that they don't charge any markup for factory orders and include lifetime power train warranty, etc. But when I asked about using my employer Xplan the sales guy said "we take care of that when the truck comes in and we do the financing" which didn't seem right to me?
I used x—plan and signed a price/order sheet when I placed the order. Seems to me that should be spelled out first.

OP
OP
Thoron99

Thoron99

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I used x—plan and signed a price/order sheet when I placed the order. Seems to me that should be spelled out first.
Yeah that's what I thought from reading about it on the Ford site.

BMCGC

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65/67 Mustang 22 Santa Cruz 23 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Stay away from Ford financing, you can get a better rate.

I'm paying cash, but my CU still has 1.89% for 60 months on new vehicles, Ford can't touch that.

TSAINTS1115

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Stay away from Ford financing, you can get a better rate.

I'm paying cash, but my CU still has 1.89% for 60 months on new vehicles, Ford can't touch that.
Actually I got mine for 1.9% for 60.

Sponsored

BMCGC

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65/67 Mustang 22 Santa Cruz 23 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nice, what region are you in and was there a loan service fee?

NewBernWolf

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Whatever you decide to order, make certain you have a copy of the detailed order with your email address on it, as well as the submission showing your order and priority codes. Sit at the dealership until you get your email confirmation from Ford. That could save you some time. Good luck. Have fun.

Row Jimmy

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ranger XLT
Whatever you decide to order, make certain you have a copy of the detailed order with your email address on it, as well as the submission showing your order and priority codes. Sit at the dealership until you get your email confirmation from Ford. That could save you some time. Good luck. Have fun.
What NewBernWolf said, and I would add make sure both you and the dealership have signed the agreement.

Suzukiridr14

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1956 THunderbird , 2016 Acura MDX (Wifes car)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I ordered my Hybrid Lariat on 7/5/21 my dealer gave me the X plan price $30673.32 MSRP was $31255.40 invoice was $30520.40. I also read on line Ford offers "0" financing for 36 months!

marpolsdofer

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 Dodge Dakota 5.2L, 96 Geo Prizm 1.8L
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Actually I got mine for 1.9% for 60.
My CU start out at 2.83 for 60 months but that is like the perfect credit in the world. When we called my CU in Jan it was almost 4%.
Sponsored