Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I don’t have a problem with his post. It’s how automotive forums work: Someone has an issue, posts it on the forum, and other people chime in. Sometimes it’s helpful, sometimes it’s not—but it’s not hurting anyone.

Damn the torpedoes!
#### FULL SPEED AHEAD ####
it wastes bandwidth and always turns into a whiney bitchfest thread. IMO. Seriously, TINY maybe isolated issue- take it right back to the dealer. There's literally millions of F-150s out there with this keyed ignition Including mine.

But if anything changes, I'll circle back to you at the end of the day :p
Sponsored

Redneck Garage

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.theredneckgarage.com
Vehicle(s)
10 Wrangler 22 Lexus 22 Maverick 23 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Go back to dealer. If its both keys its on the ignition side. If it was 1 key I would say just try using that key a bit.

Edit: NEVER spray WD40 into anything. The tumblers inside the ignition will have a special grease. This grease is designed to remain in place for the life of the vehicle. WD40 will strip this grease away and cause problems.

This goes for all the switches inside your vehicle. You could also cause a fire. Never ever spray with wd40.
As a locksmith for 30 years I can tell you this is def. not true. The high security wafers in a Ford ignition have to be able to move up and down as the key is inserted and removed. Grease especially if very cold hinders that. Any light lubricant is fine on the wafers just dont over do it. There is a lock lubricant made specifically for locks called Houdini that many of us locksmiths use available on Amazon - https://amzn.to/3Dfn3NV I have never once in 30 years seen a fire caused by a squirt of lubricant and this is also great for the door/tailgate locks as well. Keeping the locks lubricated is a sure way to extend the life of the high security key. If the keys don't smooth out after a touch of lubricant by all means take it back to the dealer under warranty.

Last edited:

Snax

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
it wastes bandwidth and always turns into a whiney bitchfest thread. IMO. Seriously, TINY maybe isolated issue- take it right back to the dealer. There's literally millions of F-150s out there with this keyed ignition Including mine.

But if anything changes, I'll circle back to you at the end of the day :p
I’ll save you the trouble of having to come back. Here’s what happened: guy had a problem, learned how NOT to fix it (WD40 not recommended), what happens if he uses a little lube to work around it (could cost him big bucks later), that it probably isn’t a common issue (nobody else has jumped in yet with similar reports), and what he should actually do (take it to the dealer for a replacement). Seems like a pretty successful post!

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’ll save you the trouble of having to come back. Here’s what happened: guy had a problem, learned how NOT to fix it (WD40 not recommended), what happens if he uses a little lube to work around it (could cost him big bucks later), that it probably isn’t a common issue (nobody else has jumped in yet with similar reports), and what he should actually do (take it to the dealer for a replacement).Seems like a pretty successful post!
And it only took two pages! 🤪

OP
OP
Headdead

Headdead

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boxster S
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’ll save you the trouble of having to come back. Here’s what happened: guy had a problem, learned how NOT to fix it (WD40 not recommended), what happens if he uses a little lube to work around it (could cost him big bucks later), that it probably isn’t a common issue (nobody else has jumped in yet with similar reports), and what he should actually do (take it to the dealer for a replacement). Seems like a pretty successful post!
And don't forget the entertainment value to 735 users (so far) who read the thread rather than doing something productive with our lives...

Sponsored

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
And don't forget the entertainment value to 735 users (so far) who read the thread rather than doing something productive with our lives...
you could always log off for a couple hours and get outside and exercise in the real world before really bad weather hits? It does wonders for the heart and attitude. Leave your cell phone home when you go too- just enjoy nature. Our CO shitty weather starts early next week and I'm outside taking advantage now pretty much every minute except for inside breaks to check devices and eat/rest. :cool:

Enderet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
you could always log off for a couple hours and get outside and exercise in the real world before really bad weather hits? It does wonders for the heart and attitude. Leave your cell phone home when you go too- just enjoy nature. Our CO shitty weather starts early next week and I'm outside taking advantage now pretty much every minute except for inside breaks to check devices and eat/rest. :cool:
Old Ranchero, you should take your own advice about logging off for a couple of hours when you see a thread you think is a waste of time. Instead of typing out a message about how the thread is a waste of time and nobody should make any future threads like it.

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Old Ranchero, you should take your own advice about logging off for a couple of hours when you see a thread you think is a waste of time. Instead of typing out a message about how the thread is a waste of time and nobody should make any future threads like it.
I never said any of that, you're putting words in my on-line mouth. I'm on my lunch break checking devices now so deal with it :p or skip over mine if it hurts your feelings that much

Enderet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
I never said any of that, you're putting words in my on-line mouth. I'm on my lunch break checking devices now so deal with it :p or skip over mine if it hurts your feelings that much
Hah. Yeah, im just yanking your chain. I actually agree with you about the good it does to get off the devices and set limits to when/how much you are on them.

OP
OP
Headdead

Headdead

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boxster S
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Pretty funny from a guy who has 792 posts, don't you think?

Sponsored

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Pretty funny from a guy who has 792 posts, don't you think?
No, pretty normal actually. I joined April 1 and the information was scarce on Maverick then and we all posted every new thing we learned and then verified true from false until Ford official reveal and open source info and real reviews and finally customer inputs from their new vehicle. How many texts per day for you? I'm OG around here, and retired yet have a full life IRL at same time :cool: That 792 (less than 100/mo) also accounts for multiple replies on same topic along with educating trolling idiots. :whistle:

KenC

Banned
Banned
First Name
First
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck.
Ford Maverick Ignition key sticking B298C35C-5E5A-46B4-8C13-3D28141B7AB3

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I don’t have a problem with his post. It’s how automotive forums work: Someone has an issue, posts it on the forum, and other people chime in. Sometimes it’s helpful, sometimes it’s not—but it’s not hurting anyone.

Damn the torpedoes!
#### FULL SPEED AHEAD ####
RAMMING SPEED!!!!

Red Ryder

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT Iconic Silver
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The moderators created a section titled: "Issues, Repairs, Warranty, TSB, Recalls"

Correct me if I'm wrong, but my interpretation is that this section is purposed to discuss less than ideal situations and issues with the Maverick. If one would rather not see or contribute to these discussions, it is quite easy to avoid this section.
Sponsored