First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I wish I just got the bed rug since I have a soft tonneau cover. I’m mostly hauling furniture and other personal items, but the bedliner has been quite a nuisance. When you pull items off the bed, it can potentially leave black stains or scratch the items.

I’m using a rug now to prevent this but I feel like I wasted $500
Not to mention your knees! I have the spray in liner and had the same concerns. I made a bedliner from indoor/outdoor carpet from Home Depot mainly because it was inexpensive and easy to cut to fit. It works well enough for my purposes, but here's a link for a much nicer (and more expensive) bed floor and tailgate covering.
https://bedrug.com/bedrug-xlt-bed-mats/2022/ford/maverick
Sponsored

stick

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep wrangler 4xe; 13 vw gli; 21 maverick xlt
Remember that the purpose of the spray is to dish it out instead of allowing scratches to occur where rust can start. We have a steel bed, so I got the spray as protection against rust. The sealing dope can harden and suffer adhesion failures, allowing rust to start at the seams. I got the spray in; extand xceed hard folding; xlt bedrug (careful, there are two types). really like the combination. i am just not very confident of fords rust proofing as I dont think they hot dip these, just a spray on phosphate coating is what I read?

r100gs91

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cactus Grey Hybrid- XLT w/Lux-2021 BMW F900xr
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yeah hopefully it will increase the resale value in the future if I ever decide to sell the truck.
Probably should not say negative things about it then, if you want higher resale value. Just sayin'

Adamwayne

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 19 Honda Monkey, 2008 HD FXDC
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I love mine. I bought moving blankets for this specific reason.

Meanwhile the crappy plastic cap on the top of the tailgate (when closed) is about as durable as a pencil eraser.
I wonder if anyone has put the spray in liner material on the tailgate or bed side caps? My tailcap scratched up pretty bad just rubbing some plants against it. I might try some spray can bed liner on it to so if that helps.

r100gs91

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cactus Grey Hybrid- XLT w/Lux-2021 BMW F900xr
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Used the bed Monday evening for a trip to the food store (1st day of ownership). First day and it's already a grocery getter. ;):D:cry:o_O I have the Ford SIBL and the Ford Tri-Fold Hard cover. When I got home the groceries were right where I put them. I am going to get a bed mat of some sort, since I had to drop it to get scheduled.
OFF TOPIC- The tailgate and the Ford hard bed cover interface is so good. When you close the gate, the rear edge just moves up about a 1/2 inch. Then it comes back down to make a good seal. First car wash will tell the truth.
Sponsored