I regret getting spray in bedliner

YOBY

First Name
Yoby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV 4 / 2022 Maverick Lariat
It's like you forgot we are dealing with a low-cost vehicle. I am not sure what kind of composites you are referring to, but the ones I deal with cost a hell of a lot more than a sheet of steel. And not sure I would trust something that will take abuse like a truck bed and will be destroyed by UV rays over time.

On another note, coming from someone else that has been repairing aircraft structure for over 30 years, never throw out the engineer comment like it's an achievement.:p
You mean after he walked all over this Engineers Post. Let's put this to rest. I purchased a Maverick Lariat, the top of the line, but it still was an inexpensive truck. I got what I paid for, cheap plastic interior, chip off paint technology and cheap electronics. I hope Ford placed all the money into the drivetrain, but I see some rumblings that that may not be the case. I GOT WHAT I PAID FOR AND I WILL LIVE WITH MY DECISION AS I HAVE WITH ALL MY DECISIONS' IN LIFE. BEZINGA
Sponsored

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 Silverado , 07 mustang, 69 barracuda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm not going to banter with you all day, but if Ford had taken a blank sheet of paper, the engineers could have designed a unibody around a composite bed. If you believe that can not be accomplished you are very narrow minded wise guy. AS for all your excuses, the unibody trucks exist (when properly designed)with beds other than metal for placing cargo on. Sorry you got butt hurt. End of Story.
Also vehicle manufacturers rarely do clean sheet designs. It's too costly for the return on their investment. This is why the maverick uses bronco sport, escape, and focus components, and puts them on an existing proven structure.

YOBY

First Name
Yoby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV 4 / 2022 Maverick Lariat
Also vehicle manufacturers rarely do clean sheet designs. It's too costly for the return on their investment. This is why the maverick uses bronco sport, escape, and focus components, and puts them on an existing proven structure.
You win I give up. Find some other post and shed your wealth of knowledge.

bdaniel230

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT -Hot Chili Red - 4k Tow Fx4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It's like you forgot we are dealing with a low-cost vehicle. I am not sure what kind of composites you are referring to, but the ones I deal with cost a hell of a lot more than a sheet of steel. And not sure I would trust something that will take abuse like a truck bed and will be destroyed by UV rays over time.

On another note, coming from someone else that has been repairing aircraft structure for over 30 years, never throw out the engineer comment like it's an achievement.:p
well, I haven't done aircraft but I have done damn near everything else, no civil engineering but loads of fabrication and design. As far as composites, not sure where that came from but at 70 I forget lots more than I remember. I have been working on design and fixing far longer than I care to remember.

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 Silverado , 07 mustang, 69 barracuda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
well, I haven't done aircraft but I have done damn near everything else, no civil engineering but loads of fabrication and design. As far as composites, not sure where that came from but at 70 I forget lots more than I remember. I have been working on design and fixing far longer than I care to remember.
Aircraft structural composites are an interesting lot. The problem with composites on aircraft like carbon fiber is they do not give any indication of impending failure like a sheet metal structure will. Aluminum will start with fatigue cracking, and suspect areas on this material can also be probed with high frequency eddy current machines to detect sub surface anomalies that are not visible to the surface.

Boeing's 787 dreamliner is all carbon fiber fuselage construction with bonded frames and stringers. A first of it's kind. They have done the stress analysis on this thing, and its relatively safe. The question remains for how long? We know the dos and don'ts, as well as the fatigue cycle and lifespan of aluminum structure in pressurized aircraft because it's been proven over 70 years. Carbon fiber not so much.

Sponsored

Mike

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Ranger F350’s
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
SIBL is pretty much universally recognized in truck circles, and has been for at least 20yrs, as the absolute best protection for your bed

but it really depends on the product used and application process.

is ford using a proprietary

Last edited:

bdaniel230

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT -Hot Chili Red - 4k Tow Fx4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
SIBL is pretty much universally recognized in truck circles, and has been for at least 20yrs, as the absolute best protection for your bed

but it really depends on the product used and application process.

is ford using a proprietary
I couldn't say because there are so many different brands on the market. And why drilling holes in the bed I don't get. If you have standing water in the bed you need to park on a hill or clean the water out. That is the reason that I got a tonneau cover, to keep the water from accumulating in the bed, and I still dry it out after it rains. Drilling holes, unless you coat the metal after drillng with a rust inhibitor, you are just asking for the bed to rot out faster.

06Warrior

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Person
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' HD Road Glide, 22’ Sporster S
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have the factory spray in liner and will be getting a rubber mat. Something cheap and generic that I will cut to fit.
Went to Tractor Supply and bought the rubber horse mat. Cut it to fit. Looks good. Will serve the purpose I need it for on the cheap. Total cost with tax was $53.49

Ford Maverick I regret getting spray in bedliner FFD03C9E-3881-4FEB-A8B6-55FDF58E5DCA

06Warrior

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Person
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' HD Road Glide, 22’ Sporster S
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Went to Tractor Supply and bought the rubber horse mat. Cut it to fit. Looks good. Will serve the purpose I need it for on the cheap. Total cost with tax was $53.49

FFD03C9E-3881-4FEB-A8B6-55FDF58E5DCA.jpeg
Went to lowes and bought a 2” x 6’ x 10’ and Cut 2 pieces so there is a 15.5” space against the tail gate for grocery shopping etc. My Tonneau cover is coming this week and will be water proof in the bed and leaves more passenger/cab space.

Ford Maverick I regret getting spray in bedliner E90A4454-1295-4740-9EF7-B8A8F10C059D

boosta

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid
I love mine. I bought moving blankets for this specific reason.

Meanwhile the crappy plastic cap on the top of the tailgate (when closed) is about as durable as a pencil eraser.
Same here I
I wish I just got the bed rug since I have a soft tonneau cover. I’m mostly hauling furniture and other personal items, but the bedliner has been quite a nuisance. When you pull items off the bed, it can potentially leave black stains or scratch the items.

I’m using a rug now to prevent this but I feel like I wasted $500
I love mine yes I know what your talking about I use moving blankets. also I have some extra gym flooring I can use if necessary. Other thing you can use as well I know it can be a pain at times I think in the long run it was worth it.

Sponsored

Nightowl

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I removed my SIBL from my hybrid XLT Mav to hopefully help get scheduled.
I was going to have the dealer do the spray in but I like this bedrug mat. Only worry is do you think it might trap water underneath it? I will be putting on either a hard tri fold or hard rollup tonneau cover.
Thanks
I have never owned a bedrug but I'm not worried about it trapping water and the problems this could cause. Full disclosure: I have a spray-in liner, a hard-folding tonneau cover and live in the rainy PNW. I expect I'll detach the rug a few times a year to clean the bed.

For some piece of mind, try to find negative reviews of bedrug. It's tough!

From Bedrug's website:
“BedRug systems are 100% waterproof, completely mold resistant and dry in as little as 20 minutes. Easy clean-up - simply rinse, sweep, or vacuum clean.”

Mctwzzle

First Name
Mctwzzle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat AWD FX4
Went to lowes and bought a 2” x 6’ x 10’ and Cut 2 pieces so there is a 15.5” space against the tail gate for grocery shopping etc. My Tonneau cover is coming this week and will be water proof in the bed and leaves more passenger/cab space.

E90A4454-1295-4740-9EF7-B8A8F10C059D.jpeg
Exactly what I did, one of the first things lol.
Ford Maverick I regret getting spray in bedliner 20220326_145446

sanpablo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1967 Shelby GT500, 1999 Ford Windstar
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have never owned a bedrug but I'm not worried about it trapping water and the problems this could cause. Full disclosure: I have a spray-in liner, a hard-folding tonneau cover and live in the rainy PNW. I expect I'll detach the rug a few times a year to clean the bed.

For some piece of mind, try to find negative reviews of bedrug. It's tough!

From Bedrug's website:
“BedRug systems are 100% waterproof, completely mold resistant and dry in as little as 20 minutes. Easy clean-up - simply rinse, sweep, or vacuum clean.”
Good to hear, thanks for the info, appreciate it.

CACTI_HYBRID

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Try Lowe's for the mat, I got 2 for 20 something bucks each. I believe they are 1/2".

Mat.jpg

Mat2.jpg
Looks like a good option, but what keeps the mat in place such that it doesn't fly out of the back going down the road?

Chicago Mike

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Shadow Black Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
its pretty heavy...it has never shifted. I also have the bed extender which holds the back section down.
Sponsored