First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
car
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
thats a lot of holes than you lift it up to clean up what has gone thru all those holes?
Sponsored

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 Silverado , 07 mustang, 69 barracuda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Went to lowes and bought a 2ā€ x 6ā€™ x 10ā€™ and Cut 2 pieces so there is a 15.5ā€ space against the tail gate for grocery shopping etc. My Tonneau cover is coming this week and will be water proof in the bed and leaves more passenger/cab space.

E90A4454-1295-4740-9EF7-B8A8F10C059D.jpeg
What's the full width if you dont mind my asking

06Warrior

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Person
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' HD Road Glide, 22ā€™ Sporster S
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 Silverado , 07 mustang, 69 barracuda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Iā€™ll check tomorrow. Iā€™m at work but donā€™t remember off hand.
I found these nice folding baskets at Walmart. I was hoping I could fit 3 across sideways between the tailgate and the 2x6 I plan to fit there. 3 of em would be about 53" across total.
Dimensions are 17.7" x 12.4" x 10" I think price is about $12 each.

Ford Maverick I regret getting spray in bedliner 20220317_182508

Ford Maverick I regret getting spray in bedliner 20220327_074302

Salwans

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Audi A4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Try Lowe's for the mat, I got 2 for 20 something bucks each. I believe they are 1/2".

Mat.jpg

Mat2.jpg
The part that is sitting on the tailgate - Is it fastened in some way to the tailgate? If so, how?

Sponsored

loonie

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Dart Dodge Intrepid
I'm looking to get the horse stall mat and cut to fit over the spray in liner. Tractor Supply has a great deal. I wish they had the 1/2" in 4'x6' though. They only have the 3/4' in that size. Then, no matter what I haul it will cushion, including my knees ;)
check your local home improvement center I got my stalll mat from Agway good price and available in various thicknesses

rognus

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid, Subaru Impreza
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
check your local home improvement center I got my stalll mat from Agway good price and available in various thicknesses
Thank you, I just saw this after cutting and installing my horse stall mat from Tractor Supply šŸ¤£ ,
possibly someone else can use this information though. I cut mine with a utility razor blade. Not easy but very workable. I like my end result, just a little heavier than was needed.
Thanks again

06Warrior

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Person
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' HD Road Glide, 22ā€™ Sporster S
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thank you, I just saw this after cutting and installing my horse stall mat from Tractor Supply šŸ¤£ ,
possibly someone else can use this information though. I cut mine with a utility razor blade. Not easy but very workable. I like my end result, just a little heavier than was needed.
Thanks again
+1 The sales associate used a fork lift and brought a whole pallet of the horse mats out. He said itā€™s easier than bringing a single mat out. I was parked a ways off and i said I got it. Itā€™s awkward to handle.

I used a razor knife to cut it. Had to keep scoring and repeatedly cutting it to cut all the way thru.

Itā€™s definitely heavy duty. With my tonneau cover covering the bed it should be fine for years not exposed to the elements.

RicksMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rapid Red 2022 Lariat Lux 1$tED 4k AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Who does spray in colors, Iā€™ve not seen that.
Line-X used to, but they faded some or the base material stained through if a light color. They did come out with an optional UV additive or coating.

Sponsored

Jason1114

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The rubber mat addition everyone suggests will probably solve your problem.

Side note: I didnā€™t get the bedliner due to cost reasons. I used my ford points to get the tray liner for free and think it is a decent option (for those who donā€™t have a spray-in, anyways)

8945244A-3E46-4B34-869D-F06AB82015F5.jpeg

DCDEC5A8-4999-4A3A-AAE0-1DA71E562742.jpeg
How is this working for you and how hard was installation thinking of this myself

jtpc2021

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
How is this working for you and how hard was installation thinking of this myself
So far so good! Still loving it, considering it was free šŸ˜Š.

Installation isnā€™t hard and the instructions were straight forward; however, it took a little longer than I thought. Maybe 45 min to an hour start to finish. I had to buy the correct Torx wrench sizes to remove the tie down points in the bed. Harbor Freight had a kit that worked for $11 or so.

The difficult part is the awkward angles youā€™ll be sitting in while removing the bolts. Lots of turning of the wrench before they finally come out.
Youā€™ll also need an extension for your wrench at one point to install screws that go into the tray. Luckily I had one.

Jason1114

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So far so good! Still loving it, considering it was free šŸ˜Š.

Installation isnā€™t hard and the instructions were straight forward; however, it took a little longer than I thought. Maybe 45 min to an hour start to finish. I had to buy the correct Torx wrench sizes to remove the tie down points in the bed. Harbor Freight had a kit that worked for $11 or so.

The difficult part is the awkward angles youā€™ll be sitting in while removing the bolts. Lots of turning of the wrench before they finally come out.
Youā€™ll also need an extension for your wrench at one point to install screws that go into the tray. Luckily I had one.
Thanks

Jemers22

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm looking to get the horse stall mat and cut to fit over the spray in liner. Tractor Supply has a great deal. I wish they had the 1/2" in 4'x6' though. They only have the 3/4' in that size. Then, no matter what I haul it will cushion, including my knees ;)
Great idea!
Sponsored