2.5L Hybrid

ffoc01

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav Hyb FE, 2014 Flex
There are a lot of guys, esp w full sized pickups, who are genuinely curious about this thing. They might have just parked near you to get a better look, or they may have wanted to see just how "small" it is compared to a "real" truck.

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Who wants to drive a huge truck that gets 12 mpg anymore? I don't see gas getting cheaper for the next 3 years. Probably more expensive like everything else. Sometimes less is more. This Maverick (IF and when I get it, hybrid) is going to be killer. I just stopped at Ziebart to get a price on SIBL and low and behold they were putting their shied product on a Maverick. Area 51. Man, it looked great! I picked Alto Blue, but this looks good up close.
you must not have seen any newer full size trucks to think they all get 12 MPG? We have a 2018 F-150 Supercab + 6' bed with Sport package and 5.0L Coyote V-8 derived from Mustang and 10 speed tranny and shift on fly 4WD (default is 2WD). It does really well ~20+ MPG combined and if not loaded or towing can get up to 27 on flat hwy in ECO mode. We have a horse trailer and a big box trailer and utility trailer and my little toybox to tow with it. We do get as little as 12 MPG towing some of them, but that is a small % of it's daily uses. I'm getting the Maverick because it checks a lot boxes for me as a DD and run around vehicle so I can save my Jeep for the longer road trips and family outings with more interior comforts than the Mav. Had lots of mini trucks in my life and figured a more mechanically advanced drivetrain with power + more MPG (but minimal nanny tech still) would probably last the rest of my useful life. I'm retired and don't need to drive much anyways, but if I really need max MPG I'll ride my motorcycles :cool:

Sponsored

StillWaiting

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brandyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think you are being paranoid

desmobob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I bought my very first brand new vehicle in 1985: a Toyota 2WD pickup. I was pretty proud of it and thought I was driving a real truck. And then I came out of a store in rural MD and there were big, lifted 4x4 American pickups parked on each side of it in the parking lot.

My new "truck" now looked like a clown car... :cry:

RNeeley

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL, 1944 Willy MB, 1949 Dodge project.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
For 15 years I drove a 2005 Excursion. Yes it was a pain in most parking lots, but I left it stock ride and it was solid and felt tight to the road. Several times I was forced to make sudden maneuvers to avoid morons and the Excursion handled like a sports car. I had a push bar on the front that got mangled when I pushed an old truck frame, so most people didn't mess with me. No regrets parting with the beast, but I enjoyed driving it.

Since I didn't need to tow as much I replaced it with a Fusion, that I traded in for the Maverick, because I found out I needed to tow light loads!

Mikknj

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mikk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT Luxury CO360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Lately, whenever I park my truck at a shopping center and come back to my truck, I notice the largest truck is parked next to me. Yesterday, it was a brand new F350. Today it was a brand new Ram 250.

It sure makes the Maverick look like a small truck.

9486C951-B5D3-4E66-9C9B-E1BD664FAF15.jpeg
I expect grandma at a 4'11 inches to step out of the maverick - and a burly lumberjack to jump down out of that f350 - lol

Sponsored

jc888888888

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat eco boost, Mustang Mach E , Porsche Boxster
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Who wants to drive a huge truck that gets 12 mpg anymore? I don't see gas getting cheaper for the next 3 years. Probably more expensive like everything else. Sometimes less is more. This Maverick (IF and when I get it, hybrid) is going to be killer. I just stopped at Ziebart to get a price on SIBL and low and behold they were putting their shied product on a Maverick. Area 51. Man, it looked great! I picked Alto Blue, but this looks good up close.
Your right, But you got to feel sorry for the backbone of America ,the tradesman that need that big truck to haul all their stuff to earn a living for themselves and their families .I see them all the time at the pumps grunting and groaning as fuel prices rise and they watch a substantial part of their income evaporated and they do without something to go to work. In Florida construction is everywhere and you see the victims of high gas prices everywhere . This is not political, but anyone with any common sense understands this gas crisis was self induced in the United states . Staying completely neutral here these guys cant use an electric vehicle . Why is the appeal of the maverick so great ? It is economical to buy and operate it is the middle ground for many ,with some utilitarian purpose . Personally trying to stuff everyone in an EV is so impractical it is borderline absurd .Look at the major proponents across the country ,states like California they cant even keep there power grid up and run air conditioning and lights in the summertime. What happens when you add millions of EV,s? We are easily a decade or more away from EVs as far as a major adoption. My opinion is the answer cant be buying fuel at elevated prices from countries who have clearly demonstrated hate for the United States. And certainly not giving them Nuclear capabilities as a trade. Especially when the United States has clearly in the past demonstrated it can produce its own needs in a responsible fashion easily at half the price.

altomav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Keven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, '71 GMC
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Those are bully trucks. One of the first things people say when they get into my Maverick, is that it's so roomy and not what they expected. The second is the door handle design. The Mav is a great truck. It's exactly what I was waiting for all these years. I love the Ecoboost.

KimTexas

First Name
Berly Ann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid - 🌵 Grey
Ive been the topic of conversation in my neighborhood I guess. As I was detailing my truck today a neighbor walked over and said I want one of those..I said, good luck! Took me 6 months to get mine and you can't even order one till late summer...She's like, its very nice & I'm gonna get one I told my husband and he said get er dun! She said I love it I been looking at yours everyday & it is the perfect size for me. She's 5 ft 3. So I gave her the tour and took her for a drive! I get this from a stranger almost everyday. One of my neighbors walks his dog as Im leaving for work and he stopped me in the road one morning just to talk about my truck. The Maverick is a great vehicle, I have zero complaints

Meintc

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ive been the topic of conversation in my neighborhood I guess. As I was detailing my truck today a neighbor walked over and said I want one of those..I said, good luck! Took me 6 months to get mine and you can't even order one till late summer...She's like, its very nice & I'm gonna get one I told my husband and he said get er dun! She said I love it I been looking at yours everyday & it is the perfect size for me. She's 5 ft 3. So I gave her the tour and took her for a drive! I get this from a stranger almost everyday. One of my neighbors walks his dog as Im leaving for work and he stopped me in the road one morning just to talk about my truck. The Maverick is a great vehicle, I have zero complaints
I'm not, but I could be your neighbor. I love this little truck and I don't even have it, nor driven one yet. It's just perfect.

KimTexas

First Name
Berly Ann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid - 🌵 Grey
I'm not, but I could be your neighbor. I love this little truck and I don't even have it, nor driven one yet. It's just perfect.
I had never owned, driven or rode in a hybrid before ordering mine.
I was totally turned off by the whole concept of electric cars or hybrid technology and still am to some degree. But just like everyone else I decided to take a chance and just go for it. I told my dealership I was gonna force myself to love it once it came in.
I took delivery of Levi, January 3rd & I'm happy to report 4500 miles later, I didnt have to force myself. The Maverick has exceeded all my expectations & looks just as good as any other truck on the road but in a smaller, more affordable, economical package. I love my pickup and will drive it till the wheels fall off.
Ford will make improvements each model year now that people are driving them and giving feedback. It isnt without tiny flaws but nothing earth shattering and a little tweak or tune here or there will solve. I personally have had zero issues, like some have reported. Most of the "complaints" are subjective anyway! Obviously, it isn't for everyone. If you need more truck, look elswhere. I'm gonna make a bold statement: This truck, IMO is all most people actually need! I'm glad Ford brought a small truck to market, its what people want!
Sponsored