First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Our beautiful shiny red Tesla Model Y has been garaged lol. That’s right- Sidelined, benched- even with unprecedented prices of gas.

That’s how much I’m enjoying our Maverick. I drive it around every day. Ravaging Craigslist for furniture we don’t need so I can use the maverick to haul it; spring cleaning the yard/garage/house for an excuse to haul stuff to the landfill or donations bin; volunteering to help a friend move even. Exploring country roads I didn’t know existed.

Do I miss the 5.4 V8 Triton rumbling in our F150 while it clunks around its 4 speeds at 12mpg? Nope! (maybe the sound; not a huge fan of the diesel-like EcoBoost clicking away)! Do I miss its beastly size and trying to park in HomeDepot stalls meant for a Smart car? Nope.

Not only on my Maventures am I seeing many Maverick’s on the road now (several a day here in N.Colorado) but people are talking. Everywhere I go people are looking at this truck at the stoplight or asking me about it in the parking lot… On a recent Craigslist run, the seller had an F350 and was more interested in our Mav than the money we had for him. My neighbors down the road whom I’ve never spoken & paid no attention to, finally stopped & spoke after 2 years of passing by every day- asking about the truck.

Best yet, at a highway stoplight, I approach this horrific looking car thing. What is it? A shiny Baja? A Brat? A Sonata with the rear roof missing? Oh… it’s a SantaCruz. I’m now convinced there will actually be NO competition with this thing. Here we are side by side. The Maverick and Santa Cruz at a red light. Perfect NFS Vol.25 plot. I simply opened the sunroof since the Hyundai didn’t have one and enjoyed the Hyundai owner checking out the maverick (hauling a desk - so no, there was no racing lol). He accelerated quite ferociously, perhaps wanting to see it from the front angle, idk. I kept on my way hauling my furniture, proud to know I had the real better truck.

Hope you all who have received your Maverick are enjoying it as much as I am ours. Ford nailed it. Because we don’t tow I would love to see an AWD Hybrid Maverick (in my driveway). I’m sure it’s coming and I think that will really be a game changer. Would love to hear your comments if you’ve encountered similar situations.
Sponsored

Clarkdonbran

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

My Mav is completely ignored! 3 people in 4 months. Maybe I smell. At least I have the MTC!

LeersMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Maximus GP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PriusV, Sonata PHEV, F-50 Mavrick Lariat Hybrid FE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Our beautiful shiny red Tesla Model Y has been garaged lol. That’s right- Sidelined, benched- even with unprecedented prices of gas.

That’s how much I’m enjoying our Maverick. I drive it around every day. Ravaging Craigslist for furniture we don’t need so I can use the maverick to haul it; spring cleaning the yard/garage/house for an excuse to haul stuff to the landfill or donations bin; volunteering to help a friend move even. Exploring country roads I didn’t know existed.

Do I miss the 5.4 V8 Triton rumbling in our F150 while it clunks around its 4 speeds at 12mpg? Nope! (maybe the sound; not a huge fan of the diesel-like EcoBoost clicking away)! Do I miss its beastly size and trying to park in HomeDepot stalls meant for a Smart car? Nope.

Not only on my Maventures am I seeing many Maverick’s on the road now (several a day here in N.Colorado) but people are talking. Everywhere I go people are looking at this truck at the stoplight or asking me about it in the parking lot… On a recent Craigslist run, the seller had an F350 and was more interested in our Mav than the money we had for him. My neighbors down the road whom I’ve never spoken & paid no attention to, finally stopped & spoke after 2 years of passing by every day- asking about the truck.

Best yet, at a highway stoplight, I approach this horrific looking car thing. What is it? A shiny Baja? A Brat? A Sonata with the rear roof missing? Oh… it’s a SantaCruz. I’m now convinced there will actually be NO competition with this thing. Here we are side by side. The Maverick and Santa Cruz at a red light. Perfect NFS Vol.25 plot. I simply opened the sunroof since the Hyundai didn’t have one and enjoyed the Hyundai owner checking out the maverick (hauling a desk - so no, there was no racing lol). He accelerated quite ferociously, perhaps wanting to see it from the front angle, idk. I kept on my way hauling my furniture, proud to know I had the real better truck.

Hope you all who have received your Maverick are enjoying it as much as I am ours. Ford nailed it. Because we don’t tow I would love to see an AWD Hybrid Maverick (in my driveway). I’m sure it’s coming and I think that will really be a game changer. Would love to hear your comments if you’ve encountered similar situations.
Congratulations ......

Gotta love it > Maventures

DYK > The eMotor design is the same configuration as the Performance/Long Range Tesla Model S & Model 3 rear eMotos.
Sponsored