Sponsored

I need to take a moment to apologize ...

RicksMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rapid Red 2022 Lariat Lux 1$tED 4k AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I think you got that reversed. Black is the absence of color. White is the combination of all colors... Hence when you shine a light into a prism, it fragments into the full color spectrum like a rainbow.

But I see you're talking in the context of paint. Sorry... Nerd rant... Over.
You are 180 out, White is the absence of all colors while Black is the presence of all colors. Think about it!
Sponsored

OofMadonn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati Scrambler, Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It doesn't matter if it's paint, dog shit or fabric
Paint is in the CMYK colorspace. White paint has a CMYK value of 0, 0, 0, 0, meaning it is without any pigment or color.

Light (e.g. what comes through a computer monitor) is in the RGB colorspace. White light has an RGB value of 255, 255, 255, meaning it has every color present.

Deleted member 6544

Paint is in the CMYK colorspace. White paint has a CMYK value of 0, 0, 0, 0, meaning it is without any pigment or color.

I am not a rocket scientist but worked with paint for over 40 years in varying capacities. I have not known 1 ounce of any paint that did not have pigment. Let alone white paint. White are loaded with pigment and also tints to get the thousands of 'white' variations.

Guv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
Undecided
...to all of you who mistakenly picked or were conned into buying any color Maverick truck other than white, especially all of you with Area 51.

My deepest apologies... I feel your pain.

mav3.jpg

mav4.jpg

mav5.jpg
All I can say is my Cactus Gray FX4 was delivered to me on........ May the 4th be with you ;-)

Sponsored

ClemsonU88

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick; 2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
All I can say is my Cactus Gray FX4 was delivered to me on........ May the 4th be with you ;-)
Did anything bad happen 2 days later? Did Ford get Revenge of the 6th?

stick

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep wrangler 4xe; 13 vw gli; 21 maverick xlt
Dang Chris!! Did you walk away from that, or were you carried away? Was anyone else in the car? I can't imagine anyone on the passenger side faring too well.
no one else with me, no one else would have survived. passenger bucket seat ended up in the back and passenger door where the stick shift was. I was up and walking, but was carried away with bleeding from pretty much everything inside. Rib cage took the brunt of the impact. Obviously had Divine intervention to survive that. What was really fun is that word back to one of my teachers was that I died. when I walked back into class 3 weeks later was kinda fun.

jeffrol48197

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Explorer, 2009 Focus, 2019 Explorer
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What?? ---- Common problem. You can read about it and all the other owner comments on the F150 forums. Do a google search "tiny rust spots in my F150 white paint..." Here is an example from a F150 owners forum thread--" I have a 2011 f150 lariat limited and just noticed little tiny rust spots (size of pinhead) all over my entire truck. I was thinking maybe the paint has metal flecks in it and those are rusting?! Any info or has anyone had the same problem ." ........ Another example
'19 White Special Edition
Is anyone else experience what looks like micro rust spots in their paint? I live in NE. I have had the truck for a year this June. I noticed yesterday when i was hosing it down that there are like micro spots of what looks like rust on the tailgate mostly, but some other areas too. does anyone know what this is?
I have been told is metallic flakes from brake pads and rotors as they wear, rusts once lands on paint and is exposed to moisture...Use a cleaner wax and will remove for the current time, but show up again, soon after...

Fastbackjon

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT 2.0, 18 Flex, 20 Edge, 21 Escape
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have been told is metallic flakes from brake pads and rotors as they wear, rusts once lands on paint and is exposed to moisture...Use a cleaner wax and will remove for the current time, but show up again, soon after...
Yes, it reappears, I can attest to that. And was told by another Ford owner that worked at a steel mill, the contaminants from the stacks seem to have worsen the issue. Not sure how true that is but seems to make sense. Not sure if it happens to other manufacturers vehicles or not.

Sponsored

NoVaJimmy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lexus GX 460
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I use iron out on my vehicles a few times a year, I always do it right after purchase. The stuff turns purple when it comes into contact with iron (rail dust) and when I sprayed it on my Maverick the day after I purchased it the whole thing was purple. This stuff can wreak havoc on paint and I've seen where a speck of rail dust corrodes so badly that it pushes up the paint until it cracks and flakes off.

Ronaldo

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71 bronco, 67 conv Mustang, 93 RX7 R1
I agree the white looks great in XLT trim, and the Area 51 looks like a Amazon truck. I went with the velocity blue XLT and everyone ask why my Maverick looks so much better than other ones they see. I think the XLT wheels and black trim for contrast is the best looking overall, in white, cactus grey and velocity blue. Also VB looks best in the sunlight, we have plenty of that here in So-Cal. 😎 Bye the way my girlfriend doesn’t like VB she thinks it to bright so this is just one man’s opinion.

littlebluetruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL
That is nice! I would love to see one of those. That is the color I would have ordered. I actually stumbled upon a blue one. I was looking at minivans & SUV.

But, that yellow-orange (is it two tone) is gorgeous!

Would look even better in cyber orange
IMG_20220319_195048.jpg

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Engine
Undecided
Oxford White Mavericks are still the best Mavericks.

Last edited:

KSC Grey Ghost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well they say different people see the same things differently. I see velocity blue 👻
Ford Maverick I need to take a moment to apologize ... IMG_20230109_142021880
Ford Maverick I need to take a moment to apologize ... IMG_20230209_145352888
Ford Maverick I need to take a moment to apologize ... IMG_20230109_142056974
Sponsored