First Name
Bryon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes, the title is true. I have walked away from my Oct 11, 2021 order of a Cactus Grey, Hybrid, with XLT Lux package (SIBL), CoPilot 360, Hard tri-fold tonneau cover, keypad entry, 400w inverter in bed, (pretty much completely loaded). As of last week we had no VIN number and it was pretty suspect to even make this year’s production.

with everything going on in the world I understand why orders were not being fulfilled. That still didn’t help. Wanting a larger vehicle, with much better fuel economy than my 2018 Jeep Renegade and to get away from a very toxic relationship with that dealership family the car was purchased from could not come soon enough. I began scouring local dealership pages regularly looking even for Maverick alternatives even telling myself I might have to just settle on poor fuel economy and or higher prices. To be fair, until now my vehicles have always been pretty practical this last Jeep renegade was the most expensive vehicle I had ever purchased at like $27k. The Maverick was going to top that already. But it was also going to be my first custom order. Fast forward to Friday night…

My dealership showed 3 used Mavericks on their site that I noticed before heading to bed. 2 ecoboosts and a hybrid. I ran into my dealership first thing Saturday morning but my Salesperson was out that day. Another sales person informed me that the hybrid sold immediately. I headed home disappointed. I knew it was marked up but I still wanted to look and at least have the opportunity, ya know. Another fast forward to Yesterday morning…

I checked the website and they still had the hybrid listed. They are pretty reputable and not known for doing the bait and switch thing like several dealerships have been doing with their websites especially concerning the Maverick. So I called my sales person and told him what happened and that it was still on the website. He called me back and informed me it was indeed still there. It was a Lariat Lux with SIBL, CoPilot 360, BLIS, Tow package… It had every thing and the some of what I was looking for only main difference was it had a soft roll up tonneau cover and it was hot pepper red. A big factor… she only had 495 miles on her. So I decided I would bite the bullet and have my midlife crisis and spend the extra money and get the type of vehicle I wanted in an uncertain market for the vehicle I woukd most likely have to order again.

So we were going to have a Star Wars theme with the original order and it was going to be Ghost after the ship in Star Wars Rebels, sticking with the theme and inspired by her color say hello to Armorer.
Ford Maverick I have walked away from my order….. C4B3663A-F688-42AA-8DD0-D8A03A002C45

Ford Maverick I have walked away from my order….. 80E75B97-BFF0-4BF3-B067-4F0393DAAB77
Ford Maverick I have walked away from my order….. 7D96C780-CA82-4F69-A69F-0FE109327F5E
Ford Maverick I have walked away from my order….. B0CA0D7A-C017-465E-B4A9-4D15C5103911

So far I am enjoying her immensely and I cannot wait to see what the future holds.

This is the Way!
Sponsored

TheShark

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Lariat Tremor, 2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Congrats, Hot Pepper Red is a great color. Enjoy. I've got the soft folding cover on my FE, I really thought it would be one of the first things I replaced, but I'm actually kind of liking it.

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Were you able to negotiate the markup?

djw479

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Mav Lariat Lux / '90 ZR-1 / '03 Yamaha V-Max
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

To OP: Since I've ordered a similar but not yet built Lariat Lux in HPR , I enjoyed looking at your pics. From what I've seen in pics on MTC, the HPR takes on a more orange-ish tint in the sun, but changes to a deeper red in the shade. Do you agree when viewed in-person?

Enjoy your new ride! And give us an update on the Lariat Lux features when you get some miles on it.

NJ Pinelands

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes, the title is true. I have walked away from my Oct 11, 2021 order of a Cactus Grey, Hybrid, with XLT Lux package (SIBL), CoPilot 360, Hard tri-fold tonneau cover, keypad entry, 400w inverter in bed, (pretty much completely loaded). As of last week we had no VIN number and it was pretty suspect to even make this year’s production.

with everything going on in the world I understand why orders were not being fulfilled. That still didn’t help. Wanting a larger vehicle, with much better fuel economy than my 2018 Jeep Renegade and to get away from a very toxic relationship with that dealership family the car was purchased from could not come soon enough. I began scouring local dealership pages regularly looking even for Maverick alternatives even telling myself I might have to just settle on poor fuel economy and or higher prices. To be fair, until now my vehicles have always been pretty practical this last Jeep renegade was the most expensive vehicle I had ever purchased at like $27k. The Maverick was going to top that already. But it was also going to be my first custom order. Fast forward to Friday night…

My dealership showed 3 used Mavericks on their site that I noticed before heading to bed. 2 ecoboosts and a hybrid. I ran into my dealership first thing Saturday morning but my Salesperson was out that day. Another sales person informed me that the hybrid sold immediately. I headed home disappointed. I knew it was marked up but I still wanted to look and at least have the opportunity, ya know. Another fast forward to Yesterday morning…

I checked the website and they still had the hybrid listed. They are pretty reputable and not known for doing the bait and switch thing like several dealerships have been doing with their websites especially concerning the Maverick. So I called my sales person and told him what happened and that it was still on the website. He called me back and informed me it was indeed still there. It was a Lariat Lux with SIBL, CoPilot 360, BLIS, Tow package… It had every thing and the some of what I was looking for only main difference was it had a soft roll up tonneau cover and it was hot pepper red. A big factor… she only had 495 miles on her. So I decided I would bite the bullet and have my midlife crisis and spend the extra money and get the type of vehicle I wanted in an uncertain market for the vehicle I woukd most likely have to order again.

So we were going to have a Star Wars theme with the original order and it was going to be Ghost after the ship in Star Wars Rebels, sticking with the theme and inspired by her color say hello to Armorer.
C4B3663A-F688-42AA-8DD0-D8A03A002C45.jpeg

80E75B97-BFF0-4BF3-B067-4F0393DAAB77.jpeg
7D96C780-CA82-4F69-A69F-0FE109327F5E.jpeg
B0CA0D7A-C017-465E-B4A9-4D15C5103911.jpeg

So far I am enjoying her immensely and I cannot wait to see what the future holds.

This is the Way!
What dealer has your original order ?

Sponsored

mr mojo risen

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2020 VW Passat, 2015 Nissan Sentra
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Welcome to the HPR Club!!! Now, about your avatar lol…..

OP
OP
OdinStormfist

OdinStormfist

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bryon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm gonna be honest here....it looks just ok. Please keep in mind my intention is not to hurt your feelings but the fit and finish looks terrible.
Well, she looks hotter in person and not through a cell phone camera and an impromptu set of improperly lit and set up photos. There is a reason why companies spend thousands on setting up and staging photos. Go see one of these colors of trucks in the sunlight with your naked eyes. The color may not be everyone’s personal favorite but it is striking. It is metallic and my photos cannot show the brilliance of that.
Were you able to negotiate the markup?
No I wasn’t.
To OP: Since I've ordered a similar but not yet built Lariat Lux in HPR , I enjoyed looking at your pics. From what I've seen in pics on MTC, the HPR takes on a more orange-ish tint in the sun, but changes to a deeper red in the shade. Do you agree when viewed in-person?

Enjoy your new ride! And give us an update on the Lariat Lux features when you get some miles on it.
Exactly my thoughts about the color. You can see the differences from the afternoon shots and what is now yesterday morning’s shot in the shade. I hope to get more miles on her and provide thoughts.
What dealer has your original order ?
Sewell Ford OdessaTX
Welcome to the HPR Club!!! Now, about your avatar lol…..
working on it, but have to run out to Dallas today to work Dallas FanExpo So it will have to wait.

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Engine
Undecided
Well, she looks hotter in person and not through a cell phone camera and an impromptu set of improperly lit and set up photos. There is a reason why companies spend thousands on setting up and staging photos. Go see one of these colors of trucks in the sunlight with your naked eyes. The color may not be everyone’s personal favorite but it is striking. It is metallic and my photos cannot show the brilliance of that.

No I wasn’t.

Exactly my thoughts about the color. You can see the differences from the afternoon shots and what is now yesterday morning’s shot in the shade. I hope to get more miles on her and provide thoughts.

Sewell Ford OdessaTX
working on it, but have to run out to Dallas today to work Dallas FanExpo So it will have to wait.
Dude.....why are you quoting me from another thread that was regarding the OEM seat covers? I made the post you quoted on 11/28/2021....... What I said above had nothing to do with the HPR paint color...........

Last edited:

Clarkdonbran

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Armorer looking good! Captain Cardinal/Archex was another option.

Chawman

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge 2018 Ford Escape 2014
Enjoy I absolutely love mine with just over 2,000 miles nothing I would change

Sponsored
OP
OP
OdinStormfist

OdinStormfist

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bryon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Dude.....why are you quoting me from another thread that was regarding the OEM seat covers? I made the post you quoted on 11/28/2021....... What I said above had nothing to do with the HPR paint color...........
Apologies, was only in this thread on an iPad and hit the +Quote button for everyone else's. When I was replying in the block yours was already there...

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Cherokee ** 2023 Mav FX/4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Congrats!!! Beautiful truck, truly. I would be shivering in me boots mate if I saw those wheels, on my rig, parked that close to a curb. Curbs are one of my great fears in life and I stay away from them like the plague. :ROFLMAO:

ClemsonU88

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick; 2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Congrats!!! Beautiful truck, truly. I would be shivering in me boots mate if I saw those wheels, on my rig, parked that close to a curb. Curbs are one of my great fears in life and I stay away from them like the plague. :ROFLMAO:
I was in Scotland where they regularly use bricks (razor sharp bricks) for curbs. They simply put them in the ground straight up & down. To avoid a giant garbage truck on a very small road, I moved over and eventually hit the curb & blew out a tire. Fast forward to later THAT SAME DAY, and we were at a place called Shin Falls, and I barely rubbed a curb and blew out another tire!! Twice in one day!! We never did get to see the Falls.

At least most curbs in America are rounded. But I too have a healthy fear of curbs. :)

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Cherokee ** 2023 Mav FX/4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was in Scotland where they regularly use bricks (razor sharp bricks) for curbs. They simply put them in the ground straight up & down. To avoid a giant garbage truck on a very small road, I moved over and eventually hit the curb & blew out a tire. Fast forward to later THAT SAME DAY, and we were at a place called Shin Falls, and I barely rubbed a curb and blew out another tire!! Twice in one day!! We never did get to see the Falls.

At least most curbs in America are rounded. But I too have a healthy fear of curbs. :)
Great story. Funny now, but not so funny back then I am sure. Oh, yeah, I freely admit I am terrified of the damn things. I actually never parallel park anymore, preferring to park a long ways away and take the bus in if I need to. LOL. My wife says I am the ultimate defensive parker always parking a mile away away from everybody. I will save my dire fear of grocery carts for another day and discussion. :D :D

Suzukiridr14

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1956 THunderbird , 2016 Acura MDX (Wifes car)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Congrats, Hot Pepper Red is a great color. Enjoy. I've got the soft folding cover on my FE, I really thought it would be one of the first things I replaced, but I'm actually kind of liking it.
I also have a HPR Hybrid Mav with lux package & Co pilot. I added a tri fold bed cover, ($255)Tinted the front windows ($90) hood skin ($77) and tailgate Letters ($18) so for under $500 bucks, the truck looks great!

Ford Maverick I have walked away from my order….. IMG_0677.JPG

Ford Maverick I have walked away from my order….. IMG_0687.JPG

Ford Maverick I have walked away from my order….. IMG_0700.JPG
Sponsored