First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid Lariat Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had a 2022 XLT 2.0 AWD on order that obviously isn't coming. So I'm going to the dealership today and for the past month I've been telling myself that if I had to reorder a 2023 model than I was going with a Lariat Hybrid. But that Tremor looks soooo awesome! Okay but in reality I really don't need a Tremor so maybe an FX4 because they also look pretty cool. But the Hybrid would be better for gas mileage and I really don't need AWD.
This is what has been going on in my head for the past two days and I'm not kidding that I can't even sleep because I want to get this right. :eek:
Sponsored

Probity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Scab 2.7EB, 2017 CR-V
(Sigh) Decisions decisions....
You can be assured a couple of things will happen:
1. No matter which way you go you'll have some form of Buyers Regret. Totally natural.
2. Once you get whatever you picked, and a little time passes, the BR will fade.

Droid82

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I feel your pain. I love the looks of the tremor in the f150 and i would love to see one in person on a maverick. Mpg will be nowhere close to the hybrid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick, 2019 GMC Acadia
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have gone through the same thing for months. I loved my AWD Escape when I lived in places that got a lot of snow, and AWD would be a nice “just in case” on a camping or ski trip. But I can’t get past the cost savings of the hybrid with 40 miles a day commuting, and we get about 1-2 days of snow in Dallas most years.

I’m ordering my hybrid tonight. I’m planning on adding a 1 inch lift and off road tires to try to meet in the middle between the two when the stock tires wear out.

SkeeterB

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat Lux, 4K, FX4, 360, Velocity Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
No regrets on the Lariat Lux FX4 and 4K Tow. Had the money and don't worry about gas mileage. I drove MINI Coopers since 2005 so saved gas money for 16 years.

Sponsored

FriscoTXJoe

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I am as frugal as can be........haven't bought a new vehicle in 28 years before I purchased my Mav in May. So take what I say with that knowledge.

Why either/or? Why not compromise.

Get the hybrid and save some money but use that money to upgrade the trim level. It's such an affordable truck compared to the market that I went Lariat/Lux/Roof/Window/SIBL.....

Best of both worlds.

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I had a 2022 XLT 2.0 AWD on order that obviously isn't coming. So I'm going to the dealership today and for the past month I've been telling myself that if I had to reorder a 2023 model than I was going with a Lariat Hybrid. But that Tremor looks soooo awesome! Okay but in reality I really don't need a Tremor so maybe an FX4 because they also look pretty cool. But the Hybrid would be better for gas mileage and I really don't need AWD.
This is what has been going on in my head for the past two days and I'm not kidding that I can't even sleep because I want to get this right. :eek:
Get the XLT hybrid and a FX4 sticker.

OP
OP
Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid Lariat Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who has trouble deciding. I'm heading to the dealership soon and I'm going to go with the Lariat Hybrid because I really don't need any type of off road package. The Tremor especially looks awesome but it's not something I need.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

If you live in the city get the hybrid, upstate go for Tremor or FX4

bigbicep24

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2020 Ford Transit , 1965 Chevelle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
FX4 all the way! I’m still getting 24 mpg in the city.

Ford Maverick I Can't Decide On What  Model I Want To Order & I'm Going Crazy Over It D36E34A8-274B-400B-8CAA-6D9EBE08C1B5
Sponsored