Sponsored

I am moving from Corpus to Shreveport. My CC TX dealer says it will delay shipment if I try to change to a dealer close to my new home. Is this true?

daveo

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 nissan frrontier
I am moving from Corpus Christi to Shreveport. My CC dealer says it will delay shipment if I change dealers. Is this true or BS?
Sponsored

Rojo

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT, Alto Blue, AWD Eco-Boost, Lux
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hey, I live in Shreveport, if you do move dealerships I would suggest Wray Ford in Bossier, I ordered through Rountree and I wish I had not, they will not return emails or calls, and have been really difficult to deal with.

I would suggest maybe calling the Maverick hotline and asking them if that were true. It's possibly true, I could see your current dealership taking ownership and you having to pay for them to deliver it. A quick Google shows that is a 7 hour drive one way, it might be cheaper to get a one way plane ticket to CC, at the the of this post it's $319, and just drive it back.

06Warrior

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Person
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' HD Road Glide, 22’ Sporster S
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I believe it is true. Maybe your ordering dealer can do a courtesy drop to your new dealer?

CSmith

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT FX4, 2020 F150 XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I didn't think you could "change" dealers on an order. You could get it shipped or fly/have a buddy drive you down to CC to pick it up. I have heard some dealers will ship like that. Chapman (in PA) did for a while and discontinued that courtesy.

Ricketts

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Can you fault them really?

Dealers are only allocated so many of each vehicle, and currently low numbers, and you just told them you wanna waste their allocation only to spend your money elsewhere. That’s a honest cliff notes of the situation.

Sponsored

FriscoTXJoe

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

QUOTE="Ricketts, post: 244963, member: 9728"]
Can you fault them really?

Dealers are only allocated so many of each vehicle, and currently low numbers, and you just told them you wanna waste their allocation only to spend your money elsewhere. That’s a honest cliff notes of the situation.
[/QUOTE]

You haven't paid attention to the official MTC talking points.

Dealer Man Bad.

Always.

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Do you have a build date? If not the order can still be switched, theoretically anyway, but don’t get your hopes up. It could also very likely effect your build date. Who knows if you go to the back of the line at the new dealer or keep your original order date. Not me! After personally jumping through Fords flaming hoops of shit this last 10 month I don’t recommend tempting fate.

Last edited:

OTACORB

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Oxford White Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think I remember Tim Bartz saying you cannot switch dealers once the order has been accepted and confirmed. I think dealers can request a drop shipment, but that has to be established up front as I understand it. I would leave well enough alone.

Fredvon4

Banned
Banned
First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep grand cherokee
I agree with nwcali6

Yes CC to Shreve port is a long drive down 45 and back.

As we see here on this forum: The Mav has communications issues, dealer inexperience, Ford internal and external model specific issues, build coordination in a constraints world, cross border shipping in a post Covid challenged environment

Basically a lot of logistics that has and will go wrong.

In your shoes, once in Shreve Port go chat with the dealer recommend above and just ask what they think.

It I not unusual for one dealer to contact a distant dealer and arrange a specific vehicle for a local customer. My 2019 Cherokee was not on any close lot for sale. My small town dealer found EXACTLY what I wanted in Houston 5 hours away. Took two days to get it

That said, I doubt the Maverick between dealers is a good dealer to dealer swap. It is NOT like a new F150 that they all have or have coming frequently. In this case just too many things to go wrong and way too many dealers starving from lack of new stuff to mark up for some higher than usual profit.

Not all dealers are this way but every day we hear more and more that work their majik to entice a customer order to be abandoned....Instant ADM that a lot of customers will pay.

I bet SW airlines has a great one way price to CC....That would be my plan if I was in your shoes

SkeeterB

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat Lux, 4K, FX4, 360, Velocity Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Best plan on a road trip. Take in the original What-A-Burger one last time.

Sponsored
OP
OP

daveo

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 nissan frrontier
Thanks to all for their comments. I am staying with the dealer in CC and will take delivery in early April, hopefully. Auto Nation has been a pleasure to work with.

Fredvon4

Banned
Banned
First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep grand cherokee
Probably a wise choice. Best of luck to you.

I have fond memories of CC in the 80s when Temp duty to the Army Depot there from my station here at Fort Hood.
Sponsored