Do I keep my Maverick?

GraeyTom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q5 hybrid, jzx90, Maverick
Not sure what to do. After my “your car is here oh wait no it’s not” fiasco at the end of Feb. followed by my build date getting pushed the June and then disappearing I bought a cheap reliably daily driver.
A 2005 Honda CRV for $7k 144k miles. Checks all of my “need” boxes and for $20k less than my Maverick.
Surprise that RIGHT as I buy the CRV my truck shows “built” and on its way to the dealer.
It’s a carbonized metallic XL 4wd tow package CP360 car.
do I keep the CRV and get the maverick? Or save $20k and drive the CRV?
I’m a 1 car a year type of guy but trying to be economically sensible at this point of my life.
Sponsored

Synthesyze

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The economically sensible thing to do would be to buy the Maverick and flip it, while keeping the CR-V. But where's the fun in that?

RonR1959

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I can't tell you what to do, or what is best for you. I can only tell you what my personal preference is and rationing behind it. In my opinion, I love having the peace of mind of driving a brand new vehicle with a full warranty and new technology, rather than a vehicle with over 100K miles and 17 years old. I can tell you that I have an XL hybrid Maverick, and I absolutely love it! It's lives up to all the hype and anticipation!! You won't be disappointed! If it were me, if you paid cash for the CR-V, I'd still keep it, and take delivery of the Maverick. I'd use the CR-V for a second vehicle. I'm sure you could find a good use for it. But, that is me. You have to make up your own mind what you think is right for you.

Sponsored

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not sure what to do. After my “your car is here oh wait no it’s not” fiasco at the end of Feb. followed by my build date getting pushed the June and then disappearing I bought a cheap reliably daily driver.
A 2005 Honda CRV for $7k 144k miles. Checks all of my “need” boxes and for $20k less than my Maverick.
Surprise that RIGHT as I buy the CRV my truck shows “built” and on its way to the dealer.
It’s a carbonized metallic XL 4wd tow package CP360 car.
do I keep the CRV and get the maverick? Or save $20k and drive the CRV?
I’m a 1 car a year type of guy but trying to be economically sensible at this point of my life.
I can tell you, getting parts for a 10+year old vehicle gets more difficult.

Fredvon4

Banned
Banned
First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep grand cherokee
My decision would be only hard if buying the CRV needed a mortgage with interest because did not buy it for cash. Then the drill would be: Can I sell it or trade it without being upside down (raising the loan needs on the new Mav)

I ordered the Maverick as a Custom New vehicle that fills Many needs at a price I was happy with.

Basically what you do should be based on WHY exactly did you build and order a 2022 Maverick Truck.

While good and historically reliable, the 2005 144K CRV IS already 17 years old..... just a casual observation

Bad Actor

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 Ranger XLT, 73 Mustang Base, 02 Toyota Camry
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What will the dealer give on trade? Even if a little less than you paid, you may still get credit on sales tax. The Maverick will hold it's value well over the next few years. An 05 with 150K? Not so much...

clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I can tell you, getting parts for a 10+year old vehicle gets more difficult.
I don’t think that’s true for Honda Civics/Accords/CRV etc popular economy cars. There are just so many of them, that even old parts are bountiful?

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Anyone suggesting that the Maverick in this case might be financially prudent is.. well, mistaken. The smart thing financially is to keep the CR-V. Even if it needs repairs, it won't need $20k in repairs.

Then again, how concerned are you about safety? I handle my parent's car purchases and last April, my dad's requirements in hand, I picked out a 2021 Kia Forte GT 6-speed for him. 5 days ago he had an accident involving a 75mph multiple rollover. 3 cracked ribs from seatbelt were his only injuries. Car was destroyed. An older car would certainly not have held up nearly as well.

Ford Maverick Do I keep my Maverick? tempImageIXuoW5

Sponsored

snowcatxx87

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1290SDR EVO / Tiger 900RP / 300cc Grom / Surron
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Why ask this on a forum? only one person, and one person alone can answer this question. You.

Stealth Raccoon

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Chevy S10
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’d keep both - the CRV is a great car, still plenty of life left and will extend the life of your new Maverick. I’m keeping my old truck, never know when I need to do a dirty job and no reason to trash the new truck unnecessarily.

Angry Hippo

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Hot Pepper Red, FX4, 4k Tow
IMO, modern stability/traction control is worth every last penny.

Was going through the mountains in I-70 in my 2013 CX-5. It was below freezing but I had seen nothing but clear roads for miles when all of a sudden out of nowhere I came to a bridge with a patch of ice that seemed to stretch at least 100 yards. Hit that sucker going 80mph and was terrified until the traction control kicked in and did it's thing. Kept things going straight and no doubt saved my bacon.

Ever since that experience I've been a believer that new = better.
Sponsored