Crance

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awaiting
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
They were for MY22! You can get those same ones through the Dealer.
i guess if I’m already getting the DIBL and Tonneau with the dealer, I might as well get that too, huh?
Sponsored

DeeZee

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid XLT Luxury Package
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It also wouldn't surprise me if a lot of the negative posts are just from competing brands trying to reduce faith in Ford.
Forgot this ;)

SoCalPaddy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Ford Expedition
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I found out this morning that my dealer has 90 MY22 Mav order's that are rolling over to MY23. I have (2) orders in with this dealership and both are priority 15. I'm not sure how many overall orders they placed for MY23 Mav's or what their allocation is but 90 rollovers doesn't sound great:(
Be really nice to your salesperson. Ask them if they would put it priority 10, because you really, really need it early in 2023. 10 and over is up the the dealer. The amount of orders they have is not relevant without more info. Good Luck

Impetus19

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mazda 3, 1979 CJ5 360 3spd, 2015 prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
When I ordered I had one constraint, CP360. Based on Ford's list I did not have any others. My dealership did send an email with additional information:

There are some commodities that there are shortages of, I think we did a good job of informing customers of these as they were placing orders but I wanted to list the ones that are the most scarce and likely to hold up a build regardless of the order it was placed.
  • Tremor Off-Road Package
  • Tremor Appearance Package
  • Tonneau Cover (Hard)
  • Bed Extender
  • Bed Tray
  • Bed Mat Divider
  • Load Box Edge Protector
  • Splash Guards
  • Protective Film
This doesn't mean that you won't get your truck, it just means that it will take longer if these items are a part of the order. If any of these apply to your build and you need clarification, please reach out.

So, other than CP360, I feel okay. Most of the other items I can add later.
WTF with some of these constraints... Load box edge protector. What even is that?????

Sponsored

Jim53r88

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What is odd is that many of the constrained items can be readily be purchased at the dealership. How is it that the assembly lines don’t have the same access to restrained parts?

Impetus19

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am imagining them checking off items while in production:

Plant Manager: Hybrid Drivetrain?
Procurement: Check.
Plant Manager: Battery?
Procurement: Check.
Plant Manager: Splash guards?
Procurement: ...
Plant Manager: Splash guards???
Procurement: We haven't got it. Guess this truck is gonna get dirty.
Plant Manger: Park it in the Kentucky Speedway.

iwantmymav

Banned
Banned
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
It also wouldn't surprise me if a lot of the negative posts are just from competing brands trying to reduce faith in Ford.
Dude STFU, Ford isn't that important.

WNYEscapee

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick, 2019 Cherokee
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I guess there's some reason for some to be upset, and some for others to consider themselves fortunate.
For '23 we're all in for special order roulette. We're all at the will of corporate offices.
It's sort of frustrating that you see some have received multiple orders in '22 and may again luck out and receive a '23 order while many who just had hopes of actually getting one in '23 will be asked to try again next year.

FloodingdowninTX

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It is a great source of information, but it can also be very quick to jump to conclusions when we have some info but not all of it
My wife slipped and broke her arm at the high school senior trip to a snow skiing venue before I knew her. By 5 cycles of "Did you hear about?", she was in a coma, broke neck, and had perished.

Sponsored

UberGadgetFreak

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Marauder, 21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What is odd is that many of the constrained items can be readily be purchased at the dealership. How is it that the assembly lines don’t have the same access to restrained parts?
Factory Stock and Retail Stock are separate channels. A supplier may make 20,000 of a part and ship it to the factory, then make another 10,000 that gets shipped out through a distribution network that is managed by a 3rd party. If the factory gets 30K orders, then the factory comes up 10K short even though another 10K in parts are out there. They can't pull stock from the distribution network because on paper they are 'sold' to the distribution channel company. Even though a dealership 'orders' from Ford, ford will have the distribution channel ship it because it ultimately saves them tons on shipping costs. If you watch closely, parts you order through your dealership and through any ford website (parts.ford.com, accessories.ford.com or performance.ford.com) often are shipped from these distribution sites. Look up "Fred Jones Distribution" as an example (they bought Southland Distributing in my area years ago who distributed to multiple brand dealerships in my area)

Impetus19

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They havent come out and say it but i am sure there are mavericks sitting in those lots also.
Sponsored