Pines Bettur

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well.....do we know that for sure? I am running the "old" bulbs and I have the issue.....Intermittently. So does the other guy who was commenting on my other thread. He had it happen with both Lasfit and the stock OEM bulbs. All I am saying is that we don't know for sure if your running lights went out due to the new bulbs, or if it is just the first time you noticed it. It does seem to be random and hard to reproduce.

Are yours 100% out 100% of the time with the T3 4257R? Or it is intermittent? For me it took not just restarting the truck, but letting it sit for about 30 minutes without the engine running. Some folks say changing the lighting dial to manual versus Auto fixes it temporarily as well. Let us know if any of that works for you!
That’s interesting. I’ve never had problems with the stock and old Lasfit bulbs, only the T3 ones.
The T3 bulbs hyperflash and go out occasionally, I don’t know what triggers it. I’ve tried switching from auto to manual as well and it still had problems.
Sponsored

shadowthrone

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It is both sides, and we did reseat the bulbs.....if we replaced both LEDs on one side of the rear with incandescent bulbs, the problem went away. IT's definitely tied tot the software upgrade. We specifically spent extra to buy the LEDs that were "Canbus Ready", so we wouldn't have this problem, then Ford "fixes" the truck! So sick of FORD, I will likely NEVER buy another Ford again! Just my personal thought....
Thank you, I needed a good laugh today.

S Dundee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Salvadore
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am working through this right now with FORD
Personally, I am waiting to see what Ford does over the next 4 -8 weeks about this recall. They seem to be getting lots of negative feedback and maybe they will tweak their SW fix. How is your conversation with Ford going and at what level are you having that conversation?

dusty1787

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick EB Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

After a few days of texting with lastfit ,there sending out t3 red bulbs for me to try.They also said from feed back from lariat owners that they don't work properly.

IMG_20240112_133907225.jpg
I reached out to LASFIT a few days ago as well and I opted for a refund due to the fact that I didnt want to waste my time with a product that most likely not work post Ford recall. So I was given the option to have the T3 send to me as well, but they were not sure if they would actually work. So I figured to get the refund and whenever a bulb that will work is released, to then purchase them. But this morning I got an email I was not expecting from LASFIT as the last email I sent was a "thank you for the refund" type of email.

What they said to me was...

"Hello,
Unlike other trim levels of Ford Maverick, the rear brake/turn signal light for a Lariat has a different socket type, probably needs the CK bulbs.
We're still developing the 4257CK bubs and are not sure of the date it will be released.
But we will record your email address and inform you once we have a new release in the future.
Thanks very much for your time."

I do not know if that is actually correct or not (having a different socket or anything), but it appears they are working on something at least. So that is a little bit of good news I guess, but its hard to tell if thats specifically for the Maverick lets say, or just a general bulb size/type.

NJBob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2003 MR2, 2019 Forrester, 1969 Z/28
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Got the “lights” recall letter. Then only yesterday, got call from dealer, asking if we got the recall. They said will send mobile tech to my home to flash the hardware. He came and 30 minutes later, done. BUT he emphasized the refash impacts the TPMS, and he did not have his “wheel clicker”. The tire pressure monitoring display was blank, no numbers displayed. Asked where nearest Ford dealer is, saying I could get it done there, or failing that he could return after the weekend. I visited the Ford dealership this morning, and they gladly reset the TPMS. However, as I was driving to them, I check the TPMS display, seeing some numbers, all reading 37 psi. I watched to see if any change. One wheel jumped to 38. Not if registering right, I went to dealership nevertheless to ensure proper operation.

i watched the tech do the reset…he first pushed the flasher warning switch on the dash 5 times. Then did the clicker walk around each wheel till the horn tweets. Then the display read Learning Completed.

i be checking the lights in next coming days.
Yes I have a late build 22. Brought the truck in for an oil change tire rotation. When I picked it up they told me that they applied the recall and reset the tpms. I never got a recall letter nor a message on Ford Pass.

Sponsored

bill67

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I reached out to LASFIT a few days ago as well and I opted for a refund due to the fact that I didnt want to waste my time with a product that most likely not work post Ford recall. So I was given the option to have the T3 send to me as well, but they were not sure if they would actually work. So I figured to get the refund and whenever a bulb that will work is released, to then purchase them. But this morning I got an email I was not expecting from LASFIT as the last email I sent was a "thank you for the refund" type of email.

What they said to me was...

"Hello,
Unlike other trim levels of Ford Maverick, the rear brake/turn signal light for a Lariat has a different socket type, probably needs the CK bulbs.
We're still developing the 4257CK bubs and are not sure of the date it will be released.
But we will record your email address and inform you once we have a new release in the future.
Thanks very much for your time."

I do not know if that is actually correct or not (having a different socket or anything), but it appears they are working on something at least. So that is a little bit of good news I guess, but its hard to tell if thats specifically for the Maverick lets say, or just a general bulb size/type.
Another op posted same thing about the lariat plug. I haven't received the bulbs yet to try in XLT. Some people are reporting that the new t3 works. I'll find this out after getting bulbs.Lastfit ask me to inform them if t3 works after installation. I think there still looking for a fix. The best thing for owners to do is keep lastfit updated on what there finding.

dusty1787

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick EB Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Another op posted same thing about the lariat plug. I haven't received the bulbs yet to try in XLT. Some people are reporting that the new t3 works. I'll find this out after getting bulbs.Lastfit ask me to inform them if t3 works after installation. I think there still looking for a fix. The best thing for owners to do is keep lastfit updated on what there finding.
If I recall correctly what I thought I understood about the T3 bulbs was that it fluctuates the voltage or something inside the bulb to somehow match what the vehicle is looking for and thus "fixes" the hyperflash. But... the first moment or 2 of using the signals may "hyperflash" until the bulb finds that sweet spot and then the hyperflash stops.

Note: I could very easily be wrong on that, but thats what I understood it to do.

bill67

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Op stated after installing t3 he noticed a hyper flash for an instant but wasn't sure. That may give a hint to what your saying.

dusty1787

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick EB Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Op stated after installing t3 he noticed a hyper flash for an instant but wasn't sure. That may give a hint to what your saying.
This was the link that LASFIT person sent to be about the T3 bulbs and you can read near the bottom where it talks about the bulbs themselves, but for those who do not want to click the link, ill copy/paste the important part to my reference...

https://www.lasfit.com/products/425...d-bulbs-t3-series?_pos=4&_sid=cf7682b4c&_ss=r

What are T3 Series LED Turn Signal Lights?
Upgraded Can-Bus Decoder System
The most annoying thing for users is that compatibility problems such as dashboard errors, hyper flash, or working stably for a couple of minutes then starting hyper flash, frequently occur after replacing LED turn signals with LED bulbs. The built-in canbus decoder of T3 series LED bulbs increases the wattage to match the OEM computer inspection system and prolongs the decoding time, no error code, and you don't worry about hyper flash after working for a few minutes.

mattjenny526

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If I recall correctly what I thought I understood about the T3 bulbs was that it fluctuates the voltage or something inside the bulb to somehow match what the vehicle is looking for and thus "fixes" the hyperflash. But... the first moment or 2 of using the signals may "hyperflash" until the bulb finds that sweet spot and then the hyperflash stops.

Note: I could very easily be wrong on that, but thats what I understood it to do.
This is exactly what happens in my truck after I installed the T3 bulbs earlier this week. Seems the first few times that I turn on the signal it will hyperflash for a moment, then normal. After driving for a bit, it is normal flash speed on the dash.

I did not know this was typical, thanks for posting.

Sponsored

bill67

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I installed t3 red . I noticed a quick hyper flash on arrow on dash. That happened the first time I cut blinkers on. The second time I no hyperflash.I played with it for about an hour.Every seems fine, so I'll keep playing with it Sunday, as it's calling for snow tomorrow.

Rflick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Buick Encore + ordered Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Lasfit was very quick to reply when I mentioned the issue with hyper flashing on the dash turn signal indicators. Lasfit quickly sent me the new T3 led bulbs to try out for evaluation. After installing the new bulbs, one lamp would not illuminate. After writing Lasfit again they suggested that I install all 4 bulbs and then reverse the polarity on the bulb that was not working. This morning after changing the polarity on the one bulb, I can say that all of the bu are working perfectly with NO hyper flashing on the dash indicators! Same brightness as before and operating perfectly! The old style bulb is on the right with new T-3 bulbs on the left. One less led element on each side, 4 total less for each bulb.

Ford Maverick Hyper Flash after Turn Signal Recall IMG_0768

bill67

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Second day after installation of t3 led,. no hyper flash.

Mavman321

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe Schmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
All, I have successfully found all the settings in the BCM to change to eliminate hyper flashing. I have all first gen Lasfit LEDs including switchback turn signals, reverse lights, rear braking and turn signal lights, and third brake lights.

See the photo below.

Under BCM you can filter to “outage” to get them all in one place. I did them one at a time but in total there should be around 4 or 5 to disable.

Note: the screenshot is just the BCM filtered to the word “outage” I did not change all of these settings that are shown.

Edit: highlighted in yellow

Ford Maverick Hyper Flash after Turn Signal Recall IMG_3272

Jag42

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Underground LED front switchbacks have zero hyperflash. I have not tried the rear tails yet.
Sponsored