Vaportrail

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
dealer Replaced the cv axles. Some people call them half shafts.

mine were replaced then, and are bad again now. I’m currently at 25k miles.
Wonder when we'll get aftermarket CV axles?

I'd buy a set...
Sponsored

Phileaux

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Edge SEL fwd
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have a strong feeling it’s the motor mounts!
I wonder what the part cross-reference for other cars. My shop was having issues with Blazer AWD ball joints when replaced w/OEM. Found out the same part for RWD. After, we started recommending Moog parts. No issues & less expensive.

Next Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, 2022
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Same issue here.

My 2022 hybrid has 24k miles, we have the Procare warranty to 7 years 100k miles.

The issue: It shakes violently under heavy load. It's most noticeable hitting the accelerator hard from a stop or between 50-60 mph when accelerating uphill.

Short story: After a week in the shop the dealership says they don't know the cause. The problem is clear, but the root cause isn't. The dealer said that if they dig into the engine and transmission and can't find the root cause the cost of exploring is on me.
Given their track record thus far I'm hesitant to let them dig.

The dealer say they have contacted Ford engineers and have no suggested fixes for the issue.

I called Ford yesterday and they suggest I try another dealer.

It's been a frustrating experience. We love the truck, but this has been one of the worst customer experiences we have had with a vehicle. We buy new cars about every 3-5 years.

This our first Ford…. It may be our last. Given our work schedules, it's simply not worth the hassle—shouldn’t Ford be working on a solution as hard as we are?

The Real Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Have to look at each Ford dealer as an independent contractor.

No two are the same.

Example on on the north side of town can give you a loaner car while yours is in more than one day; while the one on the south side never ever gives loaners.

The talent is different at each dealer as well. But post pandemic talent is at an all time low.

Sponsored

gp1200x

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500,C8-Z51, 2023 Lariat Lux 4K Co360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Same issue here.

My 2022 hybrid has 24k miles, we have the Procare warranty to 7 years 100k miles.

The issue: It shakes violently under heavy load. It's most noticeable hitting the accelerator hard from a stop or between 50-60 mph when accelerating uphill.

Short story: After a week in the shop the dealership says they don't know the cause. The problem is clear, but the root cause isn't. The dealer said that if they dig into the engine and transmission and can't find the root cause the cost of exploring is on me.

The dealer say they have contacted Ford engineers and have no suggested fixes for the issue.

It's been a frustrating experience. We love the truck, but this has been one of the worst customer experiences we have had with a vehicle. We buy new cars about every 3-5 years.

This our first Ford…. It may be our last. Given our work schedules, it's simply not worth the hassle—shouldn’t Ford be working on a solution as hard as we are?
Boy that sounds like a classic CV joint issue....and they checked and replaced them?? Even if they did you could always get another bad one since Ford has sourced them out and they are Kia or Hundai made and probably pretty cheap with a short life span.

Next Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, 2022
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They didn't replace the CV joints. I'll be on some calls this week and will report back. Glad to have found this thread.

Thanks.

OP
OP
Bigronron

Bigronron

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus rx350
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Same issue here.

Definitely the axles. Both of mine have failed twice already. i waited 6 months on the first set and 2 months on the second set. I have a hybrid. I’m sure mine will fail again. I’m currently sitting at 32k miles.
Yes 2 sets, meaning 4 axles have failed

OP
OP
Bigronron

Bigronron

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus rx350
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Definitely the axles. Both of mine have failed twice already. i waited 6 months on the first set and 2 months on the second set. I have a hybrid. I’m sure mine will fail again. I’m currently sitting at 32k miles.
It’s a known issue

gp1200x

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500,C8-Z51, 2023 Lariat Lux 4K Co360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That's absurb. Waiting that long is an issue and Ford should be pulling parts off the assembly line if they can't keep parts in stock. Just goes to show their mindset...bsically they could care less about the customers once a vehicle has been sold. If they are still bulding Mavericks then they have the parts for them.
Sponsored