First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus rx350
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Did they show you what they think it is and why they think that?
They didn’t show me. They had the vehicle for 3 days before I came and picked it up. There were no pics saved. It’s definitely a cv axle. any misfire would cause a CEL. And it disappears as soon as I let off the throttle
Sponsored

wax87

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Avalon
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

They didn’t show me. They had the vehicle for 3 days before I came and picked it up. There were no pics saved. It’s definitely a cv axle. any misfire would cause a CEL. And it disappears as soon as I let off the throttle
Oh yea, I am not thinking any mis-fire, just didn’t know if they actually pin pointed it out in the drive train

OP
OP
Bigronron

Bigronron

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus rx350
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Oh yea, I am not thinking any mis-fire, just didn’t know if they actually pin pointed it out in the drive train
They say that they pinpointed it. I was referring to other people in the chat assuming it was something else.
I’ll keep everyone updated on the matter

OP
OP
Bigronron

Bigronron

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus rx350
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Alright folks, i climbed under the vehicle myself and realized Both Cv axles are leaking at the inside boot. Not a mention of that. I’ll attach pics below. I will also attach a pic of the only scratch I saw of the “A” arm or control arm. Where it is scratched, there is no way anything was flung into the axle. Such a weird thing for the dealer to call my claim physical damage.
Ford Maverick Hybrid violently shakes under load A35E1B8B-F96F-4FB5-AF0A-1C739C9C1A8E

Ford Maverick Hybrid violently shakes under load 5374C7FE-6368-41A4-AECD-22C4D1ECC268

Ford Maverick Hybrid violently shakes under load 40983276-69CE-487E-8EAB-44C2A65B5152

Ford Maverick Hybrid violently shakes under load 04D2F58D-6CA1-4A6C-BA3E-EE73FA5F8914
For reference: the first 2 pics are from drivers side, and second 2 are from passenger side.

OP
OP
Bigronron

Bigronron

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus rx350
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Service agent called me and told me they ordered parts and they are back ordered. Few weeks out, not a big deal. He said he doesn’t understand why they would classify as physical damage. But I found my new dealer. Other dealer was sketchy.

Sponsored

wax87

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Avalon
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Service agent called me and told me they ordered parts and they are back ordered. Few weeks out, not a big deal. He said he doesn’t understand why they would classify as physical damage. But I found my new dealer. Other dealer was sketchy.
too bad you live Four states away, I would love to help you change out the CV joints

MaverIQ

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Glad to hear the dealer is finally taking care of it! Please keep us posted.

which dealer was sketchy and which one was new? SoCal Mav owners need to know!

OP
OP
Bigronron

Bigronron

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus rx350
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’ll
I thought that was BS, You should take them to court for your money back that you paid them
I’m calling ford for my money back on Monday. I’m sure they will refund it

OP
OP
Bigronron

Bigronron

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus rx350
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
UPDATE, dealer just called and said that they replaced the axle and the issue isn’t fixed. He’s looking at it right now.

Also, tried to get my $200 diagnostic fee back from the other ford dealer, they told me tough shit. Also had to pay $150 from enterprise because ford denied it.
I called ford customer support and the lady told me tough shit, I’m out of that money. Makes me realize why I buy Toyota normally.

OP
OP
Bigronron

Bigronron

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus rx350
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Issue is being escalated to ford to see if it has been reported before. The dealer says they have no clue what the he issue is.

Sponsored

Jerdys

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hello there, Ron. Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into your vehicle concern on my end.
How was this resolved? I am having the same issue. Under acceleration only.

Brian214

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Elantra GT, Ford F550
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It is the inner CV alxe that is going bad. Ask me how I know, well mine Hybrid I noticed starting leaking grease out of the inner CV axle boot on the passenger side and now when I accelerate hard the whole front end shakes untill I back off the throttle. I have an appointment with my dealer at the end of the month to get that CV axle replaced.
Have the Dealer replace both front CV axles, I had a passenger side front axle leaking grease and a wobble from 50mph to about 70mph, After dealer replaced passenger side CV it still had the wobble at 50mph, After months of frustration and $500 where the Dealer retorqued my entire fron suspension and then when that didn’t work they did a rear wheel alignment, I had already had the tires rotated and rebalanced, After all that and the wobble was still present I took it to another Ford Dealer and they diagnosed and replaced Driverside front CV and finally no more wobble

OP
OP
Bigronron

Bigronron

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus rx350
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
How was this resolved? I am having the same issue. Under acceleration only.
dealer Replaced the cv axles. Some people call them half shafts.

mine were replaced then, and are bad again now. I’m currently at 25k miles.

wax87

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Avalon
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

UPDATE, dealer just called and said that they replaced the axle and the issue isn’t fixed. He’s looking at it right now.

Also, tried to get my $200 diagnostic fee back from the other ford dealer, they told me tough shit. Also had to pay $150 from enterprise because ford denied it.
I called ford customer support and the lady told me tough shit, I’m out of that money. Makes me realize why I buy Toyota normally.
$200 for the wrong diagnostics? Nice
Sponsored