First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I finally found the trip2, still haven’t found the lifetime, but trip 1 and 2 are essential when I take a trip that requires a fill up.
Sponsored

JimParker256

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Area 51 Hybrid FE, 2014 Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Gpsman On another subject I see from the posted pics you have “trip2” my Maverick only shows “trip1”. Did you add this or was it already in your view settings? I’ve not been able to find it.
Use the menu control on the Lariat steering wheel, and select the "Select Screens" option. There are a bunch of choices you can select. See page 117 in the manual...
Ford Maverick Hybrid true fuel tank capacity? Select Screens Menu

imboden013

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
MY HYBRID HAS A 16 gallon tank, and I'm so happy! The books / publications are wrong.

No laughing at the MPG. I was towing HEAVY with also 500 lbs. in the truck in the Sierra Mountains. Steep grades.
Notice the needle is at "about"
One-Fourth.

709F2FED-8B21-4846-ABD1-F21D4BAEA89C.jpeg

I pumped in 12.7 gallons to first click on automatic. 12.8'to second click. 12.9 to third click and I stopped.

One-fourth more (approx.) to 12 sure looks like 16!

5450D19F-A4B5-4CF2-8408-BEB6EAE1A905.jpeg

At the tank before I put in 15 gallons, and I was NOT empty. I filled up just past MTE 0 and did not use up the hidden reserve. On a youtube a guy wanted to see how far he could drive on EV when he ran out of gas, so he ran out of gas on purpose. He went about a gallon worth of miles before running dry. So I'm confident there is a gallon usable past MTE 0.

16 gallon tank folks, in my July 2022 build anyway.
hope you were close to a gas station. Those numbers come out to 17.6mpg

Suzukiridr14

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1956 THunderbird , 2016 Acura MDX (Wifes car)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I'm guessing it wasn't entirely full previously. Easier to keep track when you are the one pumping it the same way every time.
No one here has mentioned if they are getting there fill ups at the same station. Also they have different formulas for summer gas, and winter gas. All in all, what's the difference if you get 35-39 mpg, we're still beating out everyone else!

Sponsored

BasicblackXL

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23’ XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My hybrid said 50 miles till empty and I only pumped 11.8 gallons I tried to click the pump a few times tank was definitely full???

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

My hybrid said 50 miles till empty and I only pumped 11.8 gallons I tried to click the pump a few times tank was definitely full???
Ya. It warns you to refuel really, really early. So does our Toyota.

Damn lawyers.
This is how they can guarantee you can drive all the way to MTE 0 one hundred times and never run out of gas. By lying to you.

You have 1 to 2 gallons of liquid fuel in there at MTE 0.

Padre

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Fr. Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT w/ Lux, CP360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I got 14.4 into my tank on first fill.

Zachthom77

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’ve done a complete fill up twice with about 40 miles to empty both times. First time I got the world’s slowest pump and ended up with 14.3 gallons. Today I had a normally functioning pump and put in about 13.4 gallons. So who really knows?
Everyone needs to remember that gas expands in high heat and condenses when cold im not sure if its enough to make up for some of these numbers people are throwing out but its possible. Thats why its best to buy gas in the morning when its still cool as youll get more for your dollar. Lastly were all basing our numbers off different pumps at different gas stations that have who knows what accuracy levels for all we know they could've rigged it so it says its putting in more gas then it really is on purpose or just a tech issue unless your putting it into gas jugs to and checking how accurate t the pump readout really is its kind of hard to argue about accurately.

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Gas expands and contracts very little.
The temperature underground is the temperature of the gasoline stored underground.

Filling up on a hot afternoon only affects the gas in the hose that is above ground.

So on a hot day, if the hose holds 0.25 of a gallon, and "expanded" by 5% you "lost" .05 x .25 or .0125 of a gallon.

At $4 a gallon, that's worth a nickel.

Not enough to worry about.
Sponsored